Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StrykeKing

Cadet
Re: Show Your Lund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my '03 Lund Alaskan 1800 SS. Bought new on Dec.23 2005

'06 Yamaha 90 hp four stroke.

'06 Yamaha 8 hp remote kicker.

Minnkota 24 volt 80 lb thrust saltwater series.

Garmin 172C GPS

Humminbird 947C

Humminbird wide 3D vista (Bow mount)

Scotty electric downriggers

Pro-Troll black box

Max speed of 46.1 mph (GPS) with a 21 pitch stainlees steel prop.
P3140326.JPG

Last edited:

Lund

Seaman Apprentice

Here is mine, its a Pro-Guide SS 17 footer powered by a 90hp Mariner 2 stroke.

Attachments

• Lund.JPG
    Lund.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 0

Betowsss

Cadet

1969 S14 Just got it... Can anyone tell me where the hull ID number is?

It should be on the back right corner (Starboard) outside to the right of the outboard looking forward toward the bow from the stern.

Merc25XD

Seaman

Pics of my 14' Lund...with my 6hp Merc and my new/old 25hp Merc which I just bought for a steal...unfortunately it's a long shaft so I will be doing some remodeling work on my transom. Had it out 2 times this fall. I really runs great and goes like a scalded dog !! I love my Lund.

Finishedfloor004.jpg

Finishedfloor013.jpg

boatwmtr002.jpg

snohvit

Recruit

Here's my rig... It's a 2005 Lund Explorer SS 1600. Works great on the smaller lakes in Southern Saskatchewan but on the big lakes in Northern Saskatchewan an 1800 word provide that extra measure of safety on the big water. Overall a decent family boat that's cheap to run. Picked it up in Minnesota last year. Lots of great memories with the family already.

Attachments

• exp16.jpg
    exp16.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0

2006 1625 Classic w/2006 30hp Honda. 2007 6hp Yamaha 4-stroke. Custom snap on cover.
IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

Last edited:

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We picked up our new 2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman yesterday. The photo is when I was backing it down the ramp for an initial splash (accompanied by our dealer R and R Marine in Shakopee, MN).

All I can say is, "WOW!" The tons of research paid off. With a beam of almost 8 feet, the boat is extremely stable. And talk about the ride. The wind was blowing with gusts at 20 knots and the boat handled the chop wonderfully (well, after the dealer showed me how to get it trimmed properly). And talk about cornering! The IPS2 hull lived up to its billing as it bit into the turns.

Lund discontinued the Fisherman model in 2007 because it was cutting into their Tyee sales. Everyone screamed. It was their most popular model. So they brought it back in 2008, but without bow rails. The bow rails are on our boat (see pic) only because we insisted they be added. The boat color is Cobalt Blue over Sandstone, with Sandstone interior.

Motor is long shaft Merc 115hp 4-stroke. I parked the truck and trailer, jumped in the boat and was shocked to find out the Merc had already been started and was running. It's so quiet.

We were only out there for about 20 minutes. Still have lots of break-in time left to do on the motor (the instructions are very clear).

When we got the boat home and started backing it into the garage, I just about lost it. Despite all the measuring and re-measuring before ordering the boat last January, it looked at first like the rig was too high to fit into our lower-than-normal garage door. The anxiety was short lived as the boat cleared the door with a whopping inch and a half to spare!

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 0

Old Crow

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We picked up our new 2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman yesterday. The photo is when I was backing it down the ramp for an initial splash (accompanied by our dealer R and R Marine in Shakopee, MN).

All I can say is, "WOW!" The tons of research paid off. With a beam of almost 8 feet, the boat is extremely stable. And talk about the ride. The wind was blowing with gusts at 20 knots and the boat handled the chop wonderfully (well, after the dealer showed me how to get it trimmed properly). And talk about cornering! The IPS2 hull lived up to its billing as it bit into the turns.

Lund discontinued the Fisherman model in 2007 because it was cutting into their Tyee sales. Everyone screamed. It was their most popular model. So they brought it back in 2008, but without bow rails. The bow rails are on our boat (see pic) only because we insisted they be added. The boat color is Cobalt Blue over Sandstone, with Sandstone interior.

Motor is long shaft Merc 115hp 4-stroke. I parked the truck and trailer, jumped in the boat and was shocked to find out the Merc had already been started and was running. It's so quiet.

We were only out there for about 20 minutes. Still have lots of break-in time left to do on the motor (the instructions are very clear).

When we got the boat home and started backing it into the garage, I just about lost it. Despite all the measuring and re-measuring before ordering the boat last January, it looked at first like the rig was too high to fit into our lower-than-normal garage door. The anxiety was short lived as the boat cleared the door with a whopping inch and a half to spare!

Congrats on the new toy.
My cousin Jason works in the parts department at R&R.

Just watch out for that garage door. Reminds me of the time my dad was going on a ice fishing trip. The night before he decided to put a new windshield on his ATV while it was loaded in the back of the pick up. There was plenty of room to do the work in a nice warm garage (door closed).
Guess what happened the next morning when he opened the garage door and backed out, Bye Bye windshield.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I'll try to look up Jason the next time I'm at R&R Marine. Nice folks there. Their sales are off from last year in terms of units, but I heard they're selling more high-end stuff, so revenue may not be suffering too bad. When we picked up our boat there were lots of new boats that customers had ordered but not yet taken delivery in their side lot. They got the Ranger line (Ranger dropped the Crystal Pierz dealer network, and for good reason), and that is a very popular boat.

Re: garage door... I backed the rig up to a certain point, then stopped short of where the windshield would clear the door and disconnected the boat so I could manually and carefully push the boat into it's correct spot. It occurred to me last night that I probably would have had a skosh more room had I lowered the tongue back down to its level position after raising it to clear the hitch ball.

Woodrow246

Seaman
2004 Fisherman

2004 Fisherman

2004 Lund Fisherman 1700. twin Yamaha 4 strokes ,cannon downriggers, Humminbird gps/sonar, EZ Loader galvy.
Boardman031.jpg

100_1798-1.jpg

100_1799-1.jpg

Last edited:

clarkbre

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll keep this going with an introduction. I just found this forum and am currently outfitting my 2000 Lund WC16. It's got a 15hp Suzuki engine, Minn Kota trolling motor, and a Hummingbird depth finder. I just finished a bow deck with a hatch beneath it. So far, it's been a great boat and I pull it with my Subaru Legacy with ease.

P6030085_2_.JPG

IMG00076.jpg

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here's mine Esox . . . Delivered last week. I trailer it behind a Saab 9-5 around the Lakes in the Adirondacks in upstate NY.

Very few manufacturers make less than a 16 foot with side console steering anymore. But I'm glad Lund still does because that's how I ended up with the 1425 Classic SS.

Quite the quality boat and feels like a bigger boat than 14' 9".

Lundltfullviewbimini.jpg

That is a very nice rig you have there. You made the right choice by going with Lund.

Lundman

Petty Officer 2nd Class

One more......

New14Lund001.jpg

If you do not mind my asking,...what is the model year and model number
of your boat? What year is the motor? I am looking for an older WC-16,..
preferrably w/ 25 HP Evinrude or Johnson motor,but would accept a 25 HP
Mercury if it runs good.

USNAARet

Cadet

2004 1600 ProSport which I bought this spring off Craig's List. Added 9.8 kicker-trolling motor, swim platform, VHF Radio, hand-held GPS, lots of fish pole holders.

Used to fish for Walleye, Perch, Smallmouth bass in Lake Erie. Often recruited by spouse for "beach" time.

Attachments

• Lida asleep Beach 11Reduced.jpg
    Lida asleep Beach 11Reduced.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Lida Lund reflection Reduced.jpg
    Lida Lund reflection Reduced.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 0

cranksbait

Seaman Apprentice

I finally have a pic for show and tell. 2009 1675 Explorer ss w/ 2008 75-e-tec. Nick named "Cranks Bait", as I own Cranks Bicycle Shoppe. It's two weeks old and already scratched and slimed. My wife hates that it smells like fish already.
vxlt28.jpg

Mas

Lieutenant Commander

Unless I pronounce it wrong, Tyee is basically pronounced the way it's spelled. Something like Tiee. Not sure where the name comes from but it's kinda goofy.:)

I'm sure you're not still wondering , but Tyee is a Northwest Native American name for "King Salmon/Chinook Salmon." I'm not sure of the exact tribes, but I suspect several.

FYI,

MAS

1999 16-Rebel (was an SS butI removed the console)
2007 Evinrude 40 hp tiller E-Tec

DSC04672.jpg

Great combo. I'd buy another just like it but would opt for a different trailer...

Steve