Show Yer Boat II

stevens

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Show Yer Boat II

Just bought one like this. It went straight from road-transport to servicing and winter storage. Can't wait for next spring.
view

Ravman

Cadet

Looking at the thumbnail I thought this was a HUGE BOAT. But then I enlarged and saw it was just a small person :)

yea that's my 2 year old, everytime he sees the camera he has to be in the picture so he can watch the screensaver and see pics of himself

commuter

Cadet

Hi guys great site thank you for all the info.
I purchased this 1979 AMF/Crestliner 19' Bowrider with a Mercruiser 228 I/O about 5 weeks ago for $1,500.00. The hull had a lot of oxidation but shined up nicely with a buffer and some 3M polish. I had my brother in law help me with the pre launch inspection (he has been a boater for years on the North Fork of Long Island, NY) and this baby runs terrific. I have a long list of stuff to take care of in the spring prior to launching. The electrical needs to be re done the only gauges that work now are the RPM's and the temp guage. I need to troubleshoot the trim system there is a very small leak by the motor and the outdrive falls down when the boat sits. I have found a wealth of info here to help me keep her maintained. Up to this point I have always owned small aluminum boats.

Commuter

PS: I almost forgot to mention this. Take a close look at the carburetor in the engine picture. It appears the previous owner did not have the correct bolt to mount the carb and used a bunch of nuts for spacers. I really hope the threads are correct. I'm going to get the proper bolt, claen the carb and rebuild in the spring if necassary.

fishdog4449

Chief Petty Officer

My 18' Glassmaster Daytona with Mercury 80!
upload3fc4.jpg

My old boat...14' Lonestar Cadet, had to sell due to lack of space...
l5c4bd32d68e37baf4f46ddgj1.jpg

texanaustinite

Petty Officer 3rd Class

1997 Regal 1700 SLR w/FasTrac stepped hull

This is our first boat and have owned it now for 1 month. This boat can turn on a dime. We love it!...

original.jpg

original.jpg

....but we're almost ready for a larger one.

lncovert

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Click on the link down in my signature.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Wow that does look scary. Not scary enough for me to refuse a ride though :)

Linc33

Seaman

Click on the link down in my signature.

VERY Nice looking boat. I'd love to see more pics. You've done a great job on it. Love the classic look and the boat looks happy to be doing watersports.

-Linc

RotaryRacer

Lieutenant

I got a newer boat this past weekend.

1981 Four Winns Marquise 180 Cuddy.

Seems to be a really solid, well maintained boat.

Has anyone ever seen one of these before?

P1010999Medium.jpg

P1010997Medium.jpg

P1020012Medium.jpg

salty87

Commander

the 4winns is sharp looking.

how big can the cuddy be on an 18 footer?

rbc

Seaman

This is my new to me boat.
Key West 20'CC with a 115 Yam 4 stroke. Living in the Keys It is hard to find a boat that can run in shallow water and also in the Atlantic. Has 14" draft and still is OK in deep water that is just whitecapping.

Attachments

• kw4.jpg
    kw4.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 0