"Save The Manatee "

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
My name is Archbuilder and its been ...............days since I drug a derelict boat home........and spent 10 times what it is worth making it new........... :D

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
rofl I go on craigslist every night just to see what needs " tlc" I'm down in palm coast there isn't much in the way of boats floating around yards here so craigslist is only place I can see a lot of old boats :)
that lynman is pretty neet anyone know what kind of outdrive that is? and sadly it don't have a title would be a cool project :)

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
So others do the same thing. I look through C/L as well and I really see lots of interesting "project" boats as well. Seems the grinding, sweating, itching, heat, smelling, wiring and polyestering (not a word I'm sure) quickly disappear from memory. :facepalm:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
So others do the same thing. I look through C/L as well and I really see lots of interesting "project" boats as well. Seems the grinding, sweating, itching, heat, smelling, wiring and polyestering (not a word I'm sure) quickly disappear from memory. :facepalm:

guess we could refer to it as the mans version of childbirth effect :)

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I will raise my right hand and also admit to cruising the CL ads and ebay for an interesting find....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
mick , you talking about this one ?https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/5739929654.html
I have really been looking on c/l for a nice not to expensive tile wet saw ... I don't know how I always end up in the boat section .... :noidea: Honest I don't ... :lie:

Well Sam, why don't you start out in the C/L boat section and you could end up in the wet tile saw area. :noidea: :pound:

I too see so many "Project" boats on C/L, but I haven't even finished my original boat project yet. :facepalm:

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
mick , you talking about this one ?https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/boa/5739929654.html
I have really been looking on c/l for a nice not to expensive tile wet saw ... I don't know how I always end up in the boat section .... :noidea: Honest I don't ... :lie:
yep that's the one , neet looking old boat , best bet go to amazon buy a tile saw if some one selling one they most usually ragged out from forcing to cut :)
https://www.amazon.com/60020SQ-24-I...wer-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1472787783&sr=1-14 I got this one I use for tiling pools and cutting rock for various waterfalls its lasted me awhile but I don't actually use it every day , if you can use smaller one get the rigid box wet saw from home depot its decent.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Mick , was hoping to spend a little less for one That I would only use every now and then .. So picked this one up for 150 bucks yesterday ..
Getting ready to start a good bit of tile work on the Admirals outdoor kitchen ..
So are you in the pool building trade ?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sam, if we lived closer you could have used mine. I was doing so much tiling in our home that we just bought a new one from Lowes some years ago. And so many folks have borrowed it and used it that it certainly was worth that money spend. I don't remember the size right now, but I did buy a lot of blades for it from EBay. And being how you have your own, you can do fancy tiling work that normal would cost tons of money to have done. There is no time limit to get a rental back. :thumb:

Can you actually get too many tools? :noidea:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Those MK saws even the used ones are pretty pricey . For the amount of tile I do I think the one I picked up should do the trick ...

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
Mick , was hoping to spend a little less for one That I would only use every now and then .. So picked this one up for 150 bucks yesterday ..
Getting ready to start a good bit of tile work on the Admirals outdoor kitchen ..
So are you in the pool building trade ?

nice that one will last forever lol ! and yep we build commercial and residential pools :)

mickyryan

Rear Admiral
ohh funny story when we first got the saw a friend put blade on and I swear every cut I made was slightly off I fiddled with it for over a hour before I realized he had blade on backwards , wouldn't had thought it would matter he said, however it caused crooked cuts weird huh? cuts were like 1/8th inch off soon as I turned blade around , bam perfect cuts

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I wouldn't have thought the blade direction would have made a difference either .. I had better pay attention when I replace the one on this one . LOL !
I want to do a make over of my inground pool hopefully next year .. I may need to bug ya for some tips when the time comes .. Wanting to add a water feature and do something with the kool deck .. Been looking at that pink color way too long now ! :lol:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I wouldn't have thought the blade direction would have made a difference either .. I had better pay attention when I replace the one on this one . LOL !
I want to do a make over of my inground pool hopefully next year .. I may need to bug ya for some tips when the time comes .. Wanting to add a water feature and do something with the kool deck .. Been looking at that pink color way too long now ! :lol:

Maybe after you refurbish your pool, you can do my recently deceased neighbor's too. :facepalm:

My neighbor that died this past Christmas morning, has an inground pool. But he didn't use it for a couple years before he passed and it hasn't been used at all this year. So it is probable pretty green in color and who knows what is lurking in there now. While the wife still lives there and has a lot of family (adults family members as well), it doesn't seem like any of them touched it. So maybe I can fish out of it soon. :eek:

So you can get even more practice with the new tile wet saw if you want some. :wave:

Patfromny

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Maybe after you refurbish your pool, you can do my recently deceased neighbor's too. :facepalm:

My neighbor that died this past Christmas morning, has an inground pool. But he didn't use it for a couple years before he passed and it hasn't been used at all this year. So it is probable pretty green in color and who knows what is lurking in there now. While the wife still lives there and has a lot of family (adults family members as well), it doesn't seem like any of them touched it. So maybe I can fish out of it soon. :eek:

So you can get even more practice with the new tile wet saw if you want some. :wave:

Leave it one more year and you can just get some practice on a bobcat filling it in. No sense fixing a pool that noone will ever open again. Lol. I have read your thread GM and I know all the work you have done for them but keeping their pool going until she sells would up up and above being a good neighbor. I would sooner pay a pool guy then do that myself.
:bolt:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Geezzz.. what a fuss. I have seen and used so many relatively inexpensive wet saw tile cutters from hdeblow for tile and granite. To me they are a disposable tool. better, faster, less expensive pop up all the time.The other important tools are the scissors for left, right and straigt cuts and hole bits.