Restore and Rebuild 74 Mariner 18? ( We Have The Technology )

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Restore and Rebuild 74 Mariner 18?

I had a good weekend lot of work checked off the list. I finished the floor and started sanding the top side. Picture 068.jpgPicture 069.jpgPicture 070.jpgPicture 071.jpg

InMotion

Commander

Looks great CJ --- I like the floor --- super sharp!

IM

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Looks great. Love the paint job and the diamond plate deck.

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have been working on a How Too for end caps and not doing a lot on the boat just puttering around, But Last night I got off my dead a&& on to my dying feet. I machined and installed the 4 caps for the bumper strip. Long night lots of coffee today LOL

Picture 092.jpgPicture 093.jpgPicture 094.jpg

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

HI all.

It’s been a long time over a year and I am back. I have not finished the old girl yet.
My health was not good. It dam near killed me to put her away.
But I think its better looking at her from the correct side of the grass and knowing this day was coming.
As I said I’m back, in good health full of **** and vinegar. All my docks are now say it’s time.
It will be a week or so and I will dig her out of the barn and start.
Let’s get her finished and back in the water.

Damn it’s almost fishing time. :joyous:

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Restore and Rebuild 74 Mariner 18? ( We Have The Technology )

354-4241161_0.jpgconsole-7.jpgFlip_1.jpghat_1.jpg
New toys to get started with should be here about the time I dig her out of the barn.:happy:

cj8mule

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Glad you're back and doing Ok. Just don't get any of that **** and vinegar on the boat... :eek:

barato2

Commander

hey, welcome back. glad yer above ground.....it would be a shame to waste such a nice resto job on a viking funeral. ;)

what make is that swingback seat and where did you get it? that's a BRILLIANT idea making the cooler part removable.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Welcome back & certainly good to have ya above ground :) Does heaven have WiFi? :facepalm:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice arrow tips for the lower rubrail. You AND MichaelP do some nice fab work.

New sticky:
Starcraft Members Map

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Picture.jpg It's been a long year or so but some how I did find things to do on the boat.
Have milling machine and alum just could not help my self. I do have the drawings is some one would like them. :lol:
A little Alodine 1201 and presto there gold.
:facepalm:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Umm, do you plan to leave the boat slipped thru hurricane season, :eek:, these are some stout looking cleats:
attachment.php

Nice work.

BTW: The Attwood spear point style rubrail ends similar to the ones you made are $14-18/ spear point, IF you can find them in stock. They are cheap zinc alloy...

barato2

Commander

nice cleats. the fish are gonna be so in awe of your boat that they'll be easy pickings.

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thinking of a retrofit for my Boat. Hydraulic steering any thoughts on this good or bad???????

jbcurt00

Staff member

Thinking of a retrofit for my Boat. Hydraulic steering any thoughts on this good or bad???????
If a $150-200 setup would work (non-hydrolic) why would you want the $5-700 setup?

I don't have an opinion either way, I'm sure there are benefits to using 1. But for me there's little chance I'd spend an extra $3-400 to get 1 for any of my current or future boats.

Which system are you considering? Being a center console, I suppose the steering cables/hose route might be a little less complicated, as the hydrolic hose could run any which way end to end w/ little impact on it's operation.

But isn't the hydrolic system more complicated then a typical steering cable setup?

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If a $150-200 setup would work (non-hydrolic) why would you want the $5-700 setup?

I don't have an opinion either way, I'm sure there are benefits to using 1. But for me there's little chance I'd spend an extra $3-400 to get 1 for any of my current or future boats.

Which system are you considering? Being a center console, I suppose the steering cables/hose route might be a little less complicated, as the hydrolic hose could run any which way end to end w/ little impact on it's operation.

But isn't the hydrolic system more complicated then a typical steering cable setup?

Not having steering at all right now and a new cable set up only being $200 or so less. I think running two small flexible hoses rather then one big stiff cable will be easer. With only a small channel to run everything to the back could work out better with the two small hoses but. ?????

Last edited:

SigSaurP229

Commander

It isn't as bad running that cable as it seems. I think we all just feel there may be better uses of the money.

barato2

Commander

which hydraulic system are you looking at that's only $200 more than cable? not being facetious, i'd like to know.....once i get the Mac 26M, i'll want to add autopilot and that's lots easier with hydraulic.

ctriverfish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok so pulled the boat from the barn and now it’s time to finish her and get on to fishing.
First thing first give it a good bath. Now off to home depot Paint Rug and glue.
Was going to paint the aluminum deck but the wife said rug, Rug it will be. Keep her happy and stay happy.:laugh:
All my new toys have showed up so now it is time to get working.