Project "MyLiner" / Deck, stringer, upholstery replacement, maybe more on a Bayliner

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Project "MyLiner" / Deck, stringer, upholstery replacement, maybe more on a Bayli

Re: Project "MyLiner" / Deck, stringer, upholstery replacement, maybe more on a Bayli

An arrangement I like, assuming you don't mind asymmetry, is a bucket seat for the driver with a jump seat in the rear on that side, and a back-to-back lounger on the port side. I like this because a bucket for the driver is nice, having a rear facing seat is nice for watersports spotting, and having the open area in that back on the port side is handy for all kinds of reasons like climbing into the boat, accessing the motor, etc etc.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Well, the boat is getting redone, so if you need storage, make that a higher priority the Captian's helm. Or push option 3 w/ maximum amounts of storage under the HUGE bench.:)

There is of course the option to relocate the battery when you redo the boats interior layout.

Have a good rest of the week

mrshake

Seaman

Ok, so its not technically about the BOAT... but I needed something better than a minivan to pull it... right? right??

IMG_20120225_161748.jpg

2000 Ford F350 SuperDuty 6.7l V10 Triton Engine, Crew Cab, Long Bed.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Absolutely!

Hope the V-10 isn't thirsty:D

maddog238

Seaman

Hi any progress made? Im in the middle of tearing out my 96 bayliner (1952) deck so looking to you for ideas...? Are you putting in a ski locker?

mrshake

Seaman

Nope, no progress made, unless you count 2 batches of beer brewed and lots of stuff piled in the boat "temporarily". And the sucky part is, with the early warm weather, people are already launching for the first time here in Central Illinois!

Oh well... I hope to find a few minutes to spend here in the next couple of weekends since things are actually slowing down.

I don't want to thread jack, but while
You've been brewing I've been building.

I replied in the first page of your thread about having the Same boat.

I poor foam this weekend :)

mrshake

Seaman

I don't want to thread jack, but while
You've been brewing I've been building.

I replied in the first page of your thread about having the Same boat.

I poor foam this weekend :)

I do believe proper procedure is to provide a link to YOUR build thread....... ;)

jbcurt00

Staff member

I don't want to thread jack, but while you've been brewing I've been building. I replied in the first page of your thread about having the Same boat. I poor foam this weekend :)

Ouch, red card on IPhone for an illegal thread hijack done in an unacceptably poor fashion:facepalm:

I do believe proper procedure is to provide a link to YOUR build thread....... ;)

Or at least HAVE a rebuild thread started. Perhaps a pix or 2 of said project milestones.:eek:

I fully acknowledge my slow, at the very least but more like a lack of, progress, but take the abuse that garners me. We all have plenty to do, and for most of us, the boat rehab isn't 1st, for some it may not even be Top 10.

I totally hear you on the warm weather making it tough when so many are getting out & about on their boats. But ya gotta keep the help lubricated, and brewing your own sounds like a perfectly acceptable means to that end:cool: I vote you to be the official Iboats adult beverage supplier for all the upper mid-west get togethers. WV just joined the Big 12, so I move to have WV counted in the mid-west caucauses for attendance at Iboats functions:facepalm:

Iphone: start a thread, if you're to pour in foam, it's a but down hill from here. We don't care to have missed a bunch of the tear down & put back. We're pix junkies after all. Let us see what your working on.

mrshake

Seaman

Ouch, red card on IPhone for an illegal thread hijack done in an unacceptably poor fashion:facepalm:

Or at least HAVE a rebuild thread started. Perhaps a pix or 2 of said project milestones.:eek:

I fully acknowledge my slow, at the very least but more like a lack of, progress, but take the abuse that garners me. We all have plenty to do, and for most of us, the boat rehab isn't 1st, for some it may not even be Top 10.

I totally hear you on the warm weather making it tough when so many are getting out & about on their boats. But ya gotta keep the help lubricated, and brewing your own sounds like a perfectly acceptable means to that end:cool: I vote you to be the official Iboats adult beverage supplier for all the upper mid-west get togethers. WV just joined the Big 12, so I move to have WV counted in the mid-west caucauses for attendance at Iboats functions:facepalm:

Iphone: start a thread, if you're to pour in foam, it's a but down hill from here. We don't care to have missed a bunch of the tear down & put back. We're pix junkies after all. Let us see what your working on.

Hrm.... I could be a social lubricant supplier for a get together or two. All this confidence and you've never even tasted my wares!!!

jbcurt00

Staff member

Been checking the local paper, no suspicious deaths linked to the consumption of your products....... Just about Normal I figure:D

Funkiegh_g

Cadet

Oh... I LOVES me some British real ale... heck, I love ANY of the English beers (browns, milds, etc).

If your looking for good video's for restore stuff, check out Frisco Boater's sea ray thread, AWESOME STUFF there.
I intend to keep videoing, I hope its helpful!

Now get out there and start your own rebuild thread so I can stalk you for advice!

Hi again, nice to see you're getting back into it.... the boat that is, not the beer! Anyway I did get around to starting my own thread so take a peek if you like... The stuff I used on my gas tank should be able to do the trick for repairing your "oops".

Cheers!

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=542393&p=3732981

93bayliner1800

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fyi....I like option 3! I have been seriously considering changing my layout as well....only mine is an outboard.

mrshake

Seaman

Hi again, nice to see you're getting back into it.... the boat that is, not the beer! Anyway I did get around to starting my own thread so take a peek if you like... The stuff I used on my gas tank should be able to do the trick for repairing your "oops".

Cheers!

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=542393&p=3732981

I was just reading your thread yesterday and started looking on ebay for some of that alloy rod... that looks ideal for my situation. I just gotta find someone to pressure test it.

Funkiegh_g

Cadet

I was just reading your thread yesterday and started looking on ebay for some of that alloy rod... that looks ideal for my situation. I just gotta find someone to pressure test it.

Got my rods from these guys... http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-9-Alumin...980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3369dbca6c

mrshake

Seaman

Ok... quick Boat related update...

I had to replace the V10... it was FAR too thirsty... What did It get replaced with you ask?
20120807_180004.jpg

2006 F260 Powerstroke Diesel

WOOT!! Much nicer truck..

On to a question that I hope to get some advice on.

Work on finishing the rebuild will be starting in ernest in November, but starting Sept 1st through Nov 1st, I will be moving the boat to a friends house to get it out of my garage for another project.
I'm worried that the cuts I made in the hull while pulling the deck will not be ok on the 20ish mile journey from my house to where its going to be stored.
Any thoughts? Do I HAVE to repair those cuts before I can move it... or will it be ok?

mrshake

Seaman

Bueller?? Bueller??

LOL, I know I know... thread has been dead for a while.. but I promise, its gonna get better... I even have a REAL budget from the Wife

jbcurt00

Staff member

I scanned back & didn't find pix of a hull cut... Slice along the top of the gas tank, but not thru the hull...

If you're not going 60mph, or over a bunch of speed bumps & potholes at 45mph, I don't think a few 'minor' cuts are going to cause you any major problems. Minimize the hull flexing, & I don't suspect the thru hull cuts themselves will be the cause of any problems, unless the hull bears down on a bunk very close to a cut....

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

2006 F260 Powerstroke Diesel

That is the very first F260 I have ever seen! :facepalm:

mrshake

Seaman

I scanned back & didn't find pix of a hull cut... Slice along the top of the gas tank, but not thru the hull...

If you're not going 60mph, or over a bunch of speed bumps & potholes at 45mph, I don't think a few 'minor' cuts are going to cause you any major problems. Minimize the hull flexing, & I don't suspect the thru hull cuts themselves will be the cause of any problems, unless the hull bears down on a bunk very close to a cut....

I really never put pics of the hull cuts? Saw was too deep cutting out the decking... front to back cuts, maybe 2 ft in length.