PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Looks like fun there Vegas, i think i would take yours over that other ride !! John

Big Pete

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Nice one, looks like you have it all there ..

Super boat, super wife, super kids , yep good on you , you got the set :)

I went through the whole thread and the videos loved it all , you done a great job ..

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Vegas,
At least you had a great view. The rocks of course.:D:p
Great to see you having fun.
Bob

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks yall for the kudos! I aint gonna lie.... I LOVE the positive Iboaters attitude (from 99%) of my fellow Iboaters.... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Iboats too for making this forum possible

on the videos....I wish I had more equipment to take better videos....but then a day at the lake would be like a movie set...all day for one shot etc...lol....

One day soon Ill have some kinda super wide vid cam with HD and will get some cool shots..... I would like to get a high speed overhead flyby shot....but that means passing dangerously close to a rock outcropping at speed...(no bridges here at Lake Mead.... ) maybye a helicopter....could have my brother in law drive my boat...hmmm....the choppper...that would be rad! ($250 to $800 per hour range depending Robinson 1 passenger or a Eurocopter on the high end heheheh)

for editing the last video I used Ulead studio pro....it is a pain in the butt to use and renders the videos to final video SLOWLY....windows movie maker sure is easier and faster...
next program Im gonna try is Adobe Premiere or director....final cut pro etc...some thing like that....BLIBBITY BLABBITY HOOPLA! ehhehhe

Huron Angler

Admiral

I use Premiere and Final Cut(on our Mac) and they are both great to use...as soon as I have enough footage of my rig we will be working on a sweet video too, thanks for the inspiration, your vids turned out great:D

fishrdan

Admiral

I would like to get a high speed overhead flyby shot....but that means passing dangerously close to a rock outcropping at speed...(no bridges here at Lake Mead.... ) maybye a helicopter....

Hey Vegas,

I've got you covered....:D Go up river towards Hoover Dam from Willow Beach. There's an old rickity cable going across the river with an equally old and rickity basket/cart strung up on the cable. Skinny across the wire A-Team style, set up your video stuff in the cart (hoping the bottom does not fall out) and you are good to go :eek:

Nah, seriously, congrats on getting the boat wet. Bummer about the fuel problems though. I had mine stall out on me last weekend due to a bad anti-siphon valve,,, at least that's what I'm thinking. I had just run from Willow to Cottonwood, and back again, to put some hours on the new engine, 60 miles. Luckily, I was only 1/4 mile from the dock and had a trolling motor to get back, whew...

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Thanks yall for the kudos! I aint gonna lie.... I LOVE the positive Iboaters attitude (from 99%) of my fellow Iboaters.... THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to Iboats too for making this forum possible

on the videos....I wish I had more equipment to take better videos....but then a day at the lake would be like a movie set...all day for one shot etc...lol....

One day soon Ill have some kinda super wide vid cam with HD and will get some cool shots..... I would like to get a high speed overhead flyby shot....but that means passing dangerously close to a rock outcropping at speed...(no bridges here at Lake Mead.... ) maybye a helicopter....could have my brother in law drive my boat...hmmm....the choppper...that would be rad! ($250 to $800 per hour range depending Robinson 1 passenger or a Eurocopter on the high end heheheh)

for editing the last video I used Ulead studio pro....it is a pain in the butt to use and renders the videos to final video SLOWLY....windows movie maker sure is easier and faster...
next program Im gonna try is Adobe Premiere or director....final cut pro etc...some thing like that....BLIBBITY BLABBITY HOOPLA! ehhehhe

for most of my home videos, i've been using the Sony Movie Studio suite and sony DVD Maker for the menus and intro....pretty nice setup

HopeSheFloats

Lieutenant Commander

Looks awesome! Well done & kudos to you both on the resto!!!
Great photos as well...as well expected too ;)

bacafrog

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Looks like it turned out great Vegas. The poli-glo didnt turn out okay huh? I was affraid of that. Thats why I held off on it until you posted up about how long it lasts. Now you can get back to work on that Newman, right?

Friscoboater

Captain

I have missed alot over the past couple of weeks. I think I have never been so sunburned in my life, and it looks like you guys re having fun too. Nice work my friend.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey Vegas,

I've got you covered....:D Go up river towards Hoover Dam from Willow Beach. There's an old rickity cable going across the river with an equally old and rickity basket/cart strung up on the cable. Skinny across the wire A-Team style, set up your video stuff in the cart (hoping the bottom does not fall out) and you are good to go :eek:

Nah, seriously, congrats on getting the boat wet. Bummer about the fuel problems though. I had mine stall out on me last weekend due to a bad anti-siphon valve,,, at least that's what I'm thinking. I had just run from Willow to Cottonwood, and back again, to put some hours on the new engine, 60 miles. Luckily, I was only 1/4 mile from the dock and had a trolling motor to get back, whew...

Hi DAN!!!!!! hey that cable across the river idea is a good one....do you mind climbing it for me though? lol bummer on your anti-siphon valve issue...mebbe it got clogged? or siphoned out when you shut it down etc....I removed mine! (trying to troubleshoot the fuel issue) besides they weren't working anymore and you could blow back into the tanks...Ill be replacing em once they get here via UPS.....

Looks awesome! Well done & kudos to you both on the resto!!!
Great photos as well...as well expected too ;)

Thanks Hope!

Looks like it turned out great Vegas. The poli-glo didnt turn out okay huh? I was affraid of that. Thats why I held off on it until you posted up about how long it lasts. Now you can get back to work on that Newman, right?

good call Baca...well heck you sure have patience because we did that poliglow 6 months back lol.....I recommend either clearcoating over the gel coat or polishing depending on what the old gel looks like....or if the color blows repainting completely

I have missed alot over the past couple of weeks. I think I have never been so sunburned in my life, and it looks like you guys re having fun too. Nice work my friend.

Yeah a light button up shirt works great to cover the sunburn.......that water will really reflect and burn ya up...I got a bit toasty in like an hour on Lake Mead from the 1rst day on the water.... I keep covered up most of the time due to the blazing vegas sun....
Hey theres no chance of sunburn at dusk/night!:eek:

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

UPDATE

went out with 10 people on board this past weekend...had family in town....
since we had some issues 2 weekends ago with fuel....I removed all of the inline fuel filters except the big fuel water separator.....went to JUST the mechanical fuel pump......and ran it in a big bucket in frt of the house....ran great...idled good....revved to 2k and held no problem for 30 seconds or so....so I thought mebbe we were ok good to go...

when we got out there....all worked fine...got out of harbor.....on upper end started cutting out again......so had to keep throttling back....back back till she was 5mph by the time we hit the beach we were going to just to keep it running.............

so I pulled the top of the quadrajet off at the beach....1/4 full of gas in the float! ok so we checked the carb screen filter FINE....so we put a water bottle on the fule outlet and cranked with the ignition coil wire off....it barely pumped gas....so we changed to the electric backup pump.....put a loop on the mechanical pump (so it was looping to itself in case any gas was in it)
now we were getting about 3 times more gas flow...still not quite enough though.........

blew through the fuel water separator FINE......OK etc

in the mean time we let the electric pump run with the carb tip off to see what happened in the float bowl
...it filled up and kept filling...so I adjusted the float a little and re assembled...took it out......now we could get up to about 35mph before it was STILL cutting out .......

oh...........I spent $35 in ball valves and brass adapters to make a fuel tank switching doohickey HD....so we can mechanically switch port starboard tank.. etc....working out nice! when we went to the port tank the engine DIED ...so I took the fuel lines off (16 gallons were in in port tank) and blew into the line.....it was not bubbling much...might have a cracked pickup tube so Ill replace that sides pickup......starboard side bubbled alot (15 gallons in that tank)...so we stuck with starboard the rest of the evening as we milked her back to harbor....she was running on that electric pump OK but still not hitting top speed...got worse as we got further (pump prob overheating as it is real old) stalled at the harbor! ouch.....got it working after it cooled down and put the boat back on the trailer...end of day for us! (it was dusk out anyways)

ok so mebbe I should have checked the fuel pressure a while back..... I thought it was a pickup tube issue CLOGGED etc.....

So yesterday I picked up a 1970s $18 fuel pump from autozone to install and see if it pumps ALOT more gas or mebbe the lobe is worn out in the engine that drives the pump....WE WILL SEE.....

=========================================================

well we wet sanded and polished the port side hull yesterday....still had some poliglow residue on the hull so we removed that with 600/800/1000 then meguiars swirl remover on a power polisher (man it made it look like glass..(the gel coat)..)then hit it with showcar glaze by hand...then wax......now it looks wet all the time....sweeet! :)

the wife cleanded out the boat we had teenage girls spill soda all over the exterior hull somehow and between them and the kids the interior was a mess of misc stuff etc........ clean now...thanks Miranda! :)

Ill try and post some pics asap

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

ok heres the ORIGINAL IMAGE and the AFTER image below....
I removed my brothe rin law....blurred out the background using photoshop and did a few tweakes on the color and brightness...removed the cyan from out sleekcraft (the hull was a bit blue)

ORIGINAL
sleekemail1.jpg

AFTER final image.....
sleekemail2.jpg

looks kinda like a model boat in this pic......I like it! :D

we will get some more cool pics as the summer goes by.....hopeing for a good test run this weekend! ROCK ON all!

boatguy94

Chief Petty Officer

Vegas, GREAT looking boat! :D I love the woodish grain on the front! Great job on the photoshoping too, it does look like a model boat, but still looks great. I like it. One question for ya, what camera do you use? I've got a Canon Rebel XSI that I really enjoy taking pictures with.

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey Vegas, if you can remove my mother in law like you did to your brother in law I would gladly pay you.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

sprintst

Commander

Wow man. You know your stuff. The pic looks great.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Thanks Guys

hey found the fuel issue!

the fuel pump pivot pin on our boats fuel pump plunger lever had FALLEN OUT and wasnt pivoting... the darned pump....thats why it was pumping a little but not completely failed...crazy...ran her up

(the pin fell into bilge years back, apparently thats why the PO added the electric inline cheapie pump) we tossed it prob when we cleaner her up in september

well we installed the CAR version fuel pump and she worked nice out on the lake...ran without issues...it was a WINDY wavey day out on Lake Mead....so we went to SANDY BEACH and ran into a fellow Iboater!!! Carl! we shot the breeze with lots of people and showed them our resto album....lots of compliments it was way cool....
the wind died later and it was very nice out....next weekend we're staying overnight in the cuddy....I gotta work tonight otherwise we would be out there again now ....LAKE FUN YEAH! :D

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Thanks Guys

well we installed the CAR version fuel pump and she worked nice out on the lake...ran without issues...it was a WINDY wavey day out on Lake Mead..

WOW you are going to get beat up on here over that one :eek::eek: Your gonna blow up its going to be like Cheach and Chong up in smoke lol.

I think this was a don't ask, don't tell scenario on the one you installed lol

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Glad you got the fuel issues sorted out Vegas! Nice job on the photo too!

funk6294

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hey it was great meeting the two of you guys and the Sleek turned out GREAT!!! Perhaps we will see you out there again....