PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ Turbo Restore ~ Tons of pics

Vegas I have not checked in for some time but I see you still have a thousand projects going on at once. Everything looks good and I am lovin the trailer your building. :D

jcsercsa

Captain

Congrads On hitting the water !! she sure is looking sweet !! john

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

The P Man (Photo) Update

He called me before, Him and Miranda were fueling up the sleekcraft and heading to Lake Meed
chickendance.gif
chickendance.gif
chickendance.gif
chickendance.gif
That deserves 4chicken dances :)
He promised that he would give us Video :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Vegas I have not checked in for some time but I see you still have a thousand projects going on at once. Everything looks good and I am lovin the trailer your building. :D

Thanks VERT! wait till ya see the off roader thats going on that trailer! thinks Silver metallic suspension and candy apple red rool cage frame....:)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant
Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ SPLASHED!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: PROJECT ~ JEZABEL 23' Sleekcraft Executive ~ SPLASHED!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdJ8J5VMneY

video link above....we finally got her wet! SPLASHED!!! Jezebel is pretty much complete! just a couple additions to the trailer and probably wont do much else to her...tweaks etc thats it....

First I would like to thank my wonderful wife for all of the work she did on the boat (she did ALOT of the work while I was out working on photo jobs) and for the teamwork ....I am a lucky man to have such a wife!

Well...I was certainly nervous having not handled a boat bigger than 17ft....well it handles NICE...and talk about smooth over waves and wakes! compared to our little Glastron 17ft from last season...this was like riding in a Caddy limo! no slamming.. the weatherman was callinig for 40 knot gust...well it was about 20 and then calmed down later...so GOOD TO GO! towing her over to the lake (40 minutes) she was pretty bulky and you could definitely feel her behind the truck

splash VIDEO CLICK HERE

We put in at Boulder harbor at Lake Mead....bit crowded on memorial day weekend...small dock etc...almost got banged by 2 boats as they launched ...they came within within 1 ft at the dock...dang greenhorns and yahoos...lol

We adjusted the fwd reverse shifter a bit once out a couple hundered feet, and tweaked the idle...she purred like a kitten....took her up a couple notches and I felt some slippage from the prop at take off....this boat is WAY heavier than our last boat....so it's to be expected...anyways....goosed her up some more and eventually had her up to 46 on GPS WOT..... she takes off nice when ya gas her good but we were easing her into the speed for this trip.....well..mebbe once or so... I gave her a good goose from slow speed :)

Ill need to tweak the fuel float and mebbe the vacuum secondaries on the carb to get her to full potential...... too bad we can't play with props too much on this boat...dang hard finding a prop for a CHRYSLER 300 outdrive with no exhaust thru hub....

The stereo was adequate if you are in the boat...we will add some cannon style speakers later (for on the beach music) ....the amount of room we have now is really a pleasure....I need to install that low windscreen back on it and see how much it blocks the wind.....add grab at the starboard side standing area..mebbe a leaning post?

...no sprays over the bow...nice high and dry even though shes a lowrider......

Miranda and I are all really jazzed and looking fwd to a summer of fun....THANKS everyone at Iboats....on the forums.... and for all of the help from EVERYONE.......

ROCK ON!

Im guessing this thread will eventually get moved to COMPLETED projects....
now on to the next project...the 1978 Newman Pla'ville....we should have that done in a month......

splash VIDEO CLICK HERE

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

Vegas outstanding work to you and your wife and to your never neding encouragement to everyone and their projects you always have possitive comments which is a trait of a great friend and co-worker and most importantly fellow I-Boater. Hope all is well and stays that way in your new home you made the right choice. And once agian to you and your wife great boat and great job!!!!!!!!!!!

sprintst

Commander

Good for you man. It's about time someone got some pleasure out of these things :)

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

Hey HVAC Bill thanks alot for the Chicken dance! hehehe you rock!

and Thanks Fat Fanny (you're the best...it means alot to hear all the nice things from posts on Iboats THANKS!) :)

and Sprint you too...got your PM on the poss Vegas trip in the fall...come out a little earlier and we will share a cocktail on the water!! (its nice and warm till end of september here :p

Ill have to download some pics and upload em to my web for all to see... Thanks again everyone...
ps going out on the lake again monday for a redux on the fun.... making some bbq chicken right now to bring along....sandwiches/salad/chips/watermelon and some booze of course (in moderation)

Happy Memorial day weekend.....

83mulligan

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey Vegas! Nice work there. I'll have to go through and read your thread. Completed projects sure do help to inspire!

BigBoatinOkie

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Very nice work man, and congratulations. It's great to see a fellow iboater complete a project. Helps us to see that there's a light at the end of our tunnel. She's a slick boat, well I guess she's actually a sleek boat, and I hope you guys have a great trouble free summer with her.

Rock on indeed

jcsercsa

Captain

Tooo SWEET !!! she looks great !! you two did a excellent Job !!! John

archbuilder

Vice Admiral

Awesome! I love her lines, looks like she is a lot of fun in the water!

Friscoboater

Captain

Congrats my friend. It is great being out on the lake after all that work, isn't it.

vegasphotoman

Lieutenant

goinmg out on the water thanks for all the pats on the back! LAKE TIME!

ps had one trailer tire going low added air for today...prob have to replace it...DOH
lucky thing the neighbor gave me 4 free tires

HVAC Cruiser

Lieutenant

Great video, great to see you on the water again.
With the trailer tire going low, its only low when the boat is on it, need to spent more time on lake less on trailer :D:D:D

83vert

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great job on the splash down and on the video. Lookin real good :D

bigredinohio

Chief Petty Officer

sweet!

BobsGlasstream

Commander

Hey Vegas,
Congrats on the launch. She sure looks great in the water. Great job by you and the wife. I wish mine would take some interest. but that's another story.
Once again congrats.
Bob

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Congrats on the run Paul. That thing looks even sweeter on the water. Hope you have a great summer with it!

fauxmeister

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Vegas Great Job! The boat looks and sounds awesome...You both did a fantastic job on her. Enjoy...