Project Fuggly - No Longer Fuggly And Splashed!!!!!!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I'm trying to remember.....did you kind of use a splatter technique with some different colors of paint? I maybe way off on that,

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I made a little more progress today. I had almost all if the deck cut out and fitted, except for two 10"x18" pieces on either side of the motor well.

My plan is to start gluing eache 4x8 section to the deck one at a time this week. That will give 24 hours for the 6 ten to fire off for each section....the slow setup time is great, but also a curse! I'm going to start with the forward section and work back. I cut the pieces forward of the bulkhead and will get them glued in. Getting everything up there squared away is going to take some effort....I'll make a video on it later, but if I can get the plywood glued in it will be a good starting place.

Hopefully I can tab everything in Saturday, and get the foam poured on Sunday! I'm ready to get the deck wrapped up and put the 6 in her!

Mark72233

Ensign
Arch, keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the 165 go back in. I will be taking notes looking forward to putting both of mine back in my boat. I like the vids also.

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Milwaukee makes tools, I forgot what a Haus this thing is!

The finish came out a lot better, but I think I need to take it down to 600 grit, there was still some really little pitting in the finish. But a huge improvement!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks Mark, hope the videos are helpful to someone. I'll keep notes on the 6.....which will most likely be something along the lines of.......hmmm that doesn't flt! I hope to hell the motor mount does, there is enough glass around that for the Titanic's motor mount at this point.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
WOW!!! You might have to meet WoG and it at the lake this summer.....(KAW)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'm trying to remember.....did you kind of use a splatter technique with some different colors of paint? I maybe way off on that,

Yup, used a wall paper paste bush and a Ford Tractor Blue Paint. Dip it about I/8" then tapped the brush with a stick to make the splatter. Worked great. Did the whole deck and side walls in about an hour or so.

Willyclay

Captain
Milwaukee makes tools, I forgot what a Haus this thing is!

Totally agree about Milwaukee Tools. I recently found the last replacement switch on the planet on eBay to keep my FIL/ fishing buddy's 50 year old 3/8inch VSR drill going for my grandchildren to use and rave about. The Admiral thinks I am nuts but signed on because it was her father's!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Let me know on the Kaw Lake date. With work and the flooding things are kind of a mess right now, hopefully it will calm down and summer calm will set in!

Willy the kids will get it, the Admiral never will, lol!

I glued down the first section of deck tonight, with the help of 10 concrete blocks. I'll repeat the process this week until we have a deck :D:D:D. Tabbing and foam this weekend!

zool

Captain
You're just cranking along there Arch!...I miss that pace myself right now, so ill just live vicariously thru your work!

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
The next section of deck went down tonight....first section is rock solid now. :D

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Got the back section of deck glued down tonight......tabbing tomorrow and foam Saturday. Hopefully I can glass the deck Sunday, next up cleaning up the drive and dropping the motor in.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Excellent, deck in and ready for tabbing.. great progress

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Thanks JB, I was just watching the glue dry....so to speak, lol! I'm ready to wrap up the deck and get on to the motor drive install!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ahh yes instant transformation ! Fuggly"s getting prettier by the day ....:)

bigblock454

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hey Arch, been away from iboats for awhile. sure is nice to return and find that you have another neat project underway! I'm all caught up, and will be hopping on board with you if you don't mind. Awesome shape and very unique design you found there. "Fugly" though?? Beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!! I do have one question however. I may have missed it, but why the need for the seacast down in the sponsons? As with "Miss Morgan", good job and thanks for documenting and sharing your build with us. Your videos are outstanding!!