Pictures of your OMC's???

samo_ott

Vice Admiral
Re: Pictures of your OMC's???

Dang... I just took my three HD25's and moved em to the shed today to make room in the garage... I really should try it out one of these days...

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Whew so I finally got a camera. Heres a pic of my lightwin stripped down for rebuilding. I just got it put back together, took me awhile.

Attachments

• IMG_0239 (2).JPG
    IMG_0239 (2).JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

ok, seeing as this thread has resurfaced, here's a pic of my shed from 2 weeks ago... And btw, that 4.5 is not mine, I'm storing it for a friend... way to new for me!

Attachments

• HPIM5454 smaller.jpg
    HPIM5454 smaller.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0

wbeaton

Commander

As promised, JBJ, here is the latest photo of my storage area. Missing from the photo are 2 1938 Johnson LT's and a half dozen or more other motors including a 2 Mercurys and 1956 Johnson Javelin.

The 1987 Johnson 20 hp just sold today.

Attachments

• Storage.JPG
    Storage.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 0

KewlBird

Petty Officer 1st Class

Before, New paint job and graphics, in action

I'm jealous of the paint/decals, mine looks hideous :eek:. Hopefully I get mine looking like yours.
In order 1975, 1969, 1963 (click to make larger)

rjezuit

Chief Petty Officer

The urinal is for testing the motors off of the boat.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

I had to take that urinal off the wall in an old marina that gave it to me! than cleaned it up real well... was gonna put it in the cottage but never did...

Boy, Wayne's storage area looks a crap load nicer than my storage area!!!

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I need a little secret shed like that to hide the outboards from the wife ;) I will take some of those off your hands Steve and Wayne, give you both a little more room :D

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

HT, you can store your engines in my shed! :) Heh!

But if you want to buy some more, the AOMCI Maple Leaf chapter is having a meet this Sat in Ajax. I'm going to see what's there to buy :) A 4 hour drive and I'm leaving @ 5am... (the things one has to do to get away from the wife!)

Jan 19 Hard Water Meet - Mike Auto, Ajax
Hwy 401 to Westney Rd. S past Bayly, left on Shaw Ct. (unit 8)
Contact Mike Ounjian 905-428-7700

jbjennings

Captain

Samott,
You sure set yourself up for that urinal comment!:D I was wondering about that one myself! NICE but I want some paint. Those golden jubilee 18's are still growing a little on me.
WBeaton, how much did you sell that nice '87 20 for?...100 bucks.;) Very nice as usual, I'm jealous but am still sick about the 25 evinrude you got rid of...Why don't ya'll post your address so I can come steal, I mean see those in person?
Nice pics---I need to put some decals on a couple of mine before I call 'em finished.
Later,
JBJ

pduquette

Ensign

Ok guys , here's what I got, in order of aquisition - HP - and age.
1959 Evinrude Golden Jubilie 35HP ; 1963 Johnson Super Seahorse 40HP ; 1980 Johnson 50HP......First 2 free - $100 for the 50 (Err , no their not for sale,it's just what i got them for!)

Attachments

• 1959erude35.JPG
    1959erude35.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1963jnsn40.JPG
    1963jnsn40.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 0
  • pntd11.jpg
    pntd11.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 0

wbeaton

Commander

LOL - JBJ, $900. It is a fair price here.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Ok guys , here's what I got, in order of aquisition - HP - and age.
1959 Evinrude Golden Jubilie 35HP ; 1963 Johnson Super Seahorse 40HP ; 1980 Johnson 50HP......First 2 free - $100 for the 50 (Err , no their not for sale,it's just what i got them for!)

More free engines... Sigh... My time will come!

johnrude

Seaman Apprentice

Here is a pic of mine. Only put 5 hours on it last year. Hopefully this summer it ill be used more.

IMG_0464small.jpg

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I just had to post a pic of this boat....it WAS for sale on the internet but I'd bet it was out of my league! That 25 is sharp....

Man, that pic brings back memories! It is a Whirlwind Deluxe, made by Molded Products of Cockysville, Marlyland. According to the 1957 price list that I just pulled out of my files, it sold (14' version) for between $495 and $790 at that time, depending on the model number.

My grandaddy had a 14' version of this boat but his had a covered foredeck, with standard windshield and two bench seats. I also had one - mine was the same boat but was 16'.

Finding one of these boats in the condition of the one in your photo is hard to do. They are cold molded plywood, with the hull being built up on the inverted keel and rails, with a mold underneath. Each layer is a series of thin mahoghany strips (about 1/4") of about 6" inches in width, oriented in 45 degree angles to the keel and alternating in fore/aft direction with each layer. Fastening was limited to resourcinol glue, staples and brass screws/bolts. The entire boats were built from mohoghany and were extremely light and strong. The problem with most that you find now, is that they have long since rotted, or someone who didn't understand the construction method sanded the exterior side too much, wearing through the top layer of veneer into the second layer. That creates an ugly, circular "scar" on the boat.

Thanks for posting this .... I think .... well, maybe not because now I am all jazzed up and may have to go on a search for one! :D

This is not a pic of my boat but it the same model and length.

Whirlwind.jpg

Last edited:

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Here's one that's a bit rare....and no, it's not a Second Effort motor....

Attachments

• Purple 1.jpg
    Purple 1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Purple 2.JPG
    Purple 2.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 0

jbjennings

Captain

Got 'er saved now....I look at it and drool now and then!:D
JBJ

Attachments

• sharp boat.jpg
    sharp boat.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 0

jbjennings

Captain

KB,
It's not mine----wish it were! I just LIKED it when I saw it on the web when surfing one day and wondered if I was the only one. I was thinking the same as you but just look at how clear the water is. The old Louisiana bayous around here would have that boat and motor stained up before you hit WOT. If I had it, I'd have to take it up to Arkansas to some nice clean mountain lakes and run the poop out of it. I like to collect old motors and clean 'em up and paint 'em but I like to run 'em too. The old antiquated pieces of junk are really fun to run. I wish I had a "whirlwind" to run 'em on. I have to wonder what it sold for. If it were me, I'd want a BUNCH!
Later,
JBJ