Pictures of your OMC's???

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Pictures of your OMC's???

I have that too big problem all the time too. It's because they are "too big". Use some kind of photo editing software to reduce the size and resolution. Don't shoot the pictures in high resolution mode either. I use Photoshop, but that's way more than you need. And expensive too. You probably got some kind of editing software with your camera?

Have a peek at this....
http://pictureresize.com/picrsz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=61

Molaker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have that too big problem all the time too. It's because they are "too big". Use some kind of photo editing software to reduce the size and resolution. Don't shoot the pictures in high resolution mode either. I use Photoshop, but that's way more than you need. And expensive too. You probably got some kind of editing software with your camera?
Here's a freeware viewer that allows you to change photo size & resolution to whatever - among a lot of other things.

http://www.irfanview.com/

riverjet502

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My QD-24 (1963) 10hp Long shaft Jonny. Still running strong....

WaterWitch2

Chief Petty Officer

waterwitch..I have that same motor...78 140...love the look of that little "fat baby" I see you have the single cable steering setup...mine has the double but the cables were froze so I'm going with the single thats already on my boat...do you like it okay?? do you get very much feedback in the steering wheel with it?

I haven't put it in the water yet. I hope to get it wet before the end of this month.

GreatRiverDucker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Xcusme maybe I'm missing something but how did put your LU on backwards???:confused: I was wondering if you photoshop'd that pic or if it is real?

Thats a joke right?!

OptsyEagle

Lieutenant

I wondered the same thing. It sure would give a waterskier a shock when he/she yells: "hit-it".

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also, that 69 25hp is really nice----that stand is neat, I've never seen one like that. I would be scared to trust that cav. plate to hold it up, though. I'd fall into the motor and break it, myself. Interesting design.. That is an incredible power to weight ratio! I would have thought it was a 20hp! Will save your pic, too!

Hope to see more!
JBJ

JBJ..... Thank you, It's a great motor and still all original.

The motor stand is a copy of stands my marine dealer has been using for many years, although I added wheels to mine. They'll use the stand for 4 hp to 100+ hp motors. I did ask about harm to the motors. They proceeded to show me how strong, by almost tipping motors over!

I'll also use my stand to remove and install heavy motors on boats.

reelfishin

Captain

My pride and joy....

myrude.jpg

Nothing wrong here, it's just mounted on the wrong end of the boat.
(Obscure OMC Bowdrive?)
Put one motor up front, and one in the stern, maybe a twin engine pontoon?

EastEnder

Cadet

Here's a couple pics of my not too old loopers.....and I gotta ad that these pictures are MUCH more flattering than they really look like in real life....I'll take the prize on here for the most beaten, and ugly OMCs.....

main.php

main.php

EricR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh, I have seen far worse, anything a crabber or commercial bait shrimper around here was far worse!

jbjennings

Captain

Here's a pic of my '72 merc 9.8, #2 '57 johnson 18hp, and my "new" '58 evinrude 18hp. All 3 motors start up very, VERY easily and run great. The '58 evinrude is really a good engine and I believe has low hours, as does the merc 9.8. The '58 has great power and sounds great, too (no bearing noise at all). I'm really pleased with it. The '72 merc. is waiting on a n.o.s. propshaft (hope it fits) that I got on ebay for 10bucks. It will then be a really fine motor. They are all awaiting new paint and I'll post a pic of them when finished. Special thanks to LADDIES, TashasDaddy, F-R, WBeaton, and all the other guys that were willing to give their time for FREE to help me get them back in running condition. The folks on iboats keep me and lots of other folks from messing up more motors than fixing 'em. ---Priceless information!
Thanks,
JBJ

Attachments

• motor pics 23.jpg
    motor pics 23.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 0

jbjennings

Captain

EastEnder,
Your boat is really nice and your motors look like they're supposed too---like you ENJOYED 'em. The house in the background is REALLY beauitiful as is the lake your boat is moored on.
Thanks for the pic,
JBJ

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

ok, I'll add a few of my beaters in here now also...

First is my 1950 Evinrude 7.5 that looks gawd awful but starts first pull (when cold) so I cant complain. 2nd is my '57 35hp that I have never tried yet but good compression and complete. 3rd is my first 3hp, a 1952 which I just got the pull start for (thanks to W Beaton) so now I can work on it and lastly is my '61 18hp on a 14' aluminum boat that flies! It's the fastest boat I currently have on the water (well until I took it out this past weekend!)

Attachments

• HPIM2583.JPG
    HPIM2583.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM2599.JPG
    HPIM2599.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM2600.JPG
    HPIM2600.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 0
  • HPIM2587.JPG
    HPIM2587.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 0

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mine aren't quite as old as some of the others but here they are.

1966 18HP Fastwin

S1010100Small.jpg

1997 Johnson 150 with an Evinrude cowl - yes it's a Ficht :redface:

S1010094Small.jpg

I'll have to take a pic of my 1973 9.5 and post it.

Pic of my 1949 2.5 Johnson twin ( with and without cowling) and my 1969 85 Evinrude on 79 Viking

Attachments

• viking1.jpg
    viking1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 0
  • viking6.jpg
    viking6.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
  • 407205842208_0_ALB.jpg
    407205842208_0_ALB.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 147205842208_0_ALB.jpg
    147205842208_0_ALB.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 0

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Esox, I also have a '66 Evinrude 18hp and it looks a tad better than yours! Haha... sorry, I had to point that out!

And Texas, is that an HD25? does it run? I have a few of them but have never tried to get em running yet...

Esox

Petty Officer 1st Class

Esox, I also have a '66 Evinrude 18hp and it looks a tad better than yours! Haha... sorry, I had to point that out!

It wouldn't take much to look better than mine ;) In fact I think that picture makes it look a little better than it really is :eek: I haven't used it in a couple years since the lower is shot. I can't compain though...it was free.

Pictures of your OMC's???

Yo Samo_ott

Yup its an HD-25. Got it for 50 bucks from a co-worker for 50 bucks. Changed Gas put a few ounces of Seafoam in it. @ pulls and vroom ! I use it as my Kicker. It get a few looks for sure. Runs great 1/2 a day on 3/4 gallon. Iyt hadnr been started in 5 years. Thats 1949 American made quality