pic of work so far

jcsercsa

Captain
Re: pic of work so far

OK guys your going to kick my butt, I was out today and didnt even think of the camera !!!! I have thur, threw monday off , we are out of here friday camping by a lake !! So threre will be lot of pics them !!

Ohh man , it was just me and my best man at my wedding out there !!! MAn where the ladies out today !!!!!! we wen running around the lake a coulpe times and did some trolling after . it was rally the frist time I tried trolling with her and she did pretty good !!! the motor turned down pretty good !!!

I still want to hook up a 15 hp kicker motor i have !! its a 1953 evinrude !! she runs great !! infact its the same kicker motor me and my dad had on our frist boat !! [ a 21 foot tri-hull ] The 15 moved that boat at a pretty nice speed it really should move my 15.6 tri-hull nice for trolling !! when me and my dad had that boat we never really tried trolling with that one !!! I want to with this one !!

she really did throttle down for a 100 hp !! and still handled pretty nice !! What a great afternoon after work !!! John

jcsercsa

Captain

OK Guys and Gals here you go !!! we caught a few fish, and made a 5 little girls pertty happy !!! lol they keep telling me to go faster !! hole lake a no wake lake !!!
Boat003-1.jpg

Kids wanted to get the tube out !!
Boat019.jpg

Boat033.jpg

Boat016.jpg

Ok this pic I think ooops got in the pic look on the beach at the picin table !!!! lol

Boat004.jpg

I was going to go out this afternoon but the rain came so later this week i will get some speed shots !!! John

Last edited:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

BAAAAA HAAAA HHAAAAA

oh man....what a party.....i just had a few and then i dont remember anything:eek:

and im really pizzzed at you now........you could have boated over and given me some hair of the dog john :D :D :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

nad btw......that boat looks great....its sitting in the water perfectly

everything looks even as far as weight dist looks...even with the heavy people on the one side....not much list at all

jcsercsa

Captain

BAAAAA HAAAA HHAAAAA

oh man....what a party.....i just had a few and then i dont remember anything:eek:

and im really pizzzed at you now........you could have boated over and given me some hair of the dog john :D :D :D

hahahaha soory man thought the DNR would yell at me for running the boat in the swimming area !! hahahah John

jcsercsa

Captain

nad btw......that boat looks great....its sitting in the water perfectly

everything looks even as far as weight dist looks...even with the heavy people on the one side....not much list at all

yep I was pertty pleased , had jeff [ hes in the one pic up front] had his wife , me and tom ,and had 3 little ones sitting behind us so all the weight was up front , we went to the back side of the lake and i just had to gun it !! she still got right up and on plane !!! i shut her right down after and all the kids were yelling at me to keep going !!! two of then were 5 years old and the other one was 8 , all yelling at me to go faster !!! hahahahahah It was a great weekend , 5 days just aint long enough !! John

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

That's a sweet old Merc you got on that thing.

jcsercsa

Captain

That's a sweet old Merc you got on that thing.

Thanks ezmobee , when i went to see it before we bought it , it really thought it was cool that it was made the same year me and my wife were born!!! and does it run , havent had a problem with her !! [ knock on wood ] and after this winter she will look mint if i can find the center logo for her , I am going to paint her !! and with a new stainless steel prop, after i get the tack going !!

Its a 1962 1000 100hp merc , and I love her !!! hahahah John

Last edited:

redfury

Commander

Say, I've got an on the water question for you John...Do you find yourself sitting on the back of that seat often, or do you sit in the actual seat and drive the boat? That was one of the things I noticed right off the bat when I started monkeying with mine, was that it didn't seem all that comfortable for my 6 foot frame to cram into and drive...which is why I'm probably going to go with aftermarket seats for it.

jcsercsa

Captain

Say, I've got an on the water question for you John...Do you find yourself sitting on the back of that seat often, or do you sit in the actual seat and drive the boat? That was one of the things I noticed right off the bat when I started monkeying with mine, was that it didn't seem all that comfortable for my 6 foot frame to cram into and drive...which is why I'm probably going to go with aftermarket seats for it.

Hi redfury , now that you mention that i do ride up there a lot , when i start to get splashed I get down there but when its nice i am up there !!!it really is kind of cramped when i do get in there !!let me know what kind of seats your looking at !! John

redfury

Commander

Easy, goto the Iboats mainpage, they are right there....the Centric II's. Though, I'm having a hard time convincing the wife that I need to buy $700 in seats for a $300 boat :eek::rolleyes:. One at a time, one at a time.

jcsercsa

Captain

Easy, goto the Iboats mainpage, they are right there....the Centric II's. Though, I'm having a hard time convincing the wife that I need to buy $700 in seats for a $300 boat :eek::rolleyes:. One at a time, one at a time.

ohhh yea I like them but I was thinking that I need some that flippe up like this one , $600.00 - Garelick Helm, Pilot, and Fighting Chairs - Ultra Helm Seat With Flip-up Bolster and Built in Suspension
Compare at $789.99
Part # 1894216

And your right 600, dallor seat for a 500 dallor boat !! hahah well no I paid 500 and put 600 in epoxy and foam in her so thats a 1100 dallors give or take a couple hundred !!ohh yea then 800 for the motor so I am over 2 grannd so that will get me 3 of them seats !! lol haaha john

redfury

Commander

I was thinking about one of those type of chairs too....
Problem is, I don't know how I'll be using the seat ( just to drive or to fish out of ).

jcsercsa

Captain

well i was thinking of both , for fishing and driving, the booster would be kind of nice to fish if your doing a lot of casting , and to set in with it down when trolling !! I think I could even move them back a bit cause they wont be as long as the bench seats !! the only problem i see it the pedestal is too high , can i adjust it ?? John

oops!

Supreme Mariner

boyz......adjustable pedistal with what ever kind of chair you wanna put on it.! :D

i was even thing of an office chair pedistal....fully adjustable......forget marine......after three years....change the pedistal.....there cheeeeep !

jcsercsa

Captain

boyz......adjustable pedistal with what ever kind of chair you wanna put on it.! :D

i was even thing of an office chair pedistal....fully adjustable......forget marine......after three years....change the pedistal.....there cheeeeep !

OOOHHH yea buddie that a great idea !!! what about the base ? they arent all the same diamater are they ? what are you thinking ? just welding it to the base ?? Uuummm yea just sitting here thinjing , that would work wouldnt it ? hay I really like that Ward !! can even recover them in marine grade vinyl , in my colors !! yea but arent most office chairs kind of wide ?? now you did it you got me really thinking about this !! lol ohh man just though that your [ ward] are going to have to redo you boat again , your going to have to cut it lenght wise and add about 3 feet to the width !!!hahhahahha so what do you think Redfury ?? I kind of like the idea !! John

oops!

Supreme Mariner

most office chairs are just a pedistal that does a bazillion weird things (like recline....raise , lower. swivel)......but when you look at most.....the pedistal top...(where the seat attaches) is just a 12 inch squair plate......so you can put what ever seats you want on it.

just cut off the bottom swivel and weld it to a plate....then bolt your chair on !

redfury

Commander

Gotta be careful welding them things, I've ruined two seat bases from having them welded ( repaired )...the plastic nub that the lever pushes down on melted in both cases and one blew the internal seal.

I'm sticking with marine seats and marine bases personally.

The big problem with our boats though, is that seat height problem, and our hull design. You can't install flush seat bases and stick the hydraulic in it unless you want a hole in the hull and a nub sticking down into the water...the top mount is very tall in profile and you lose the ability to sit down low enough were it doesn't look goofy...so where does that leave us? I'm building a storage box for the front seats to mount the seat on...I mean, I've got all this fiberglass..why not?! I may just build a livewell into one and a baitwell into the other...who knows...I gotta get a floor in it first.

John, how about we just take both of our boats and combine them into one? :p

jcsercsa

Captain

hahahah sure red that would give us the room we need !!! hahaha
You are right about the height I dont think i got 12 inchs on my base , and then the seat !!
But if we dont have the fold down seats , i could move it back 8 or so inchs, maybe a little more !!
If i could find a base that is only 12 to 16 onchs it might work ??????????????????
there is a boat that is aroung the corner that i was looking at today on mmy way home and he has something like the ones you were frist looking at red ,
New Centric II from Attwood
what do they sit on ?? i didnt see anything about a base? if i vould find a 6 or 8 inch base i think that would be best !!
what were you thinking redfury ?? John