Oh yeah................I quit smoking!!!!

ezbtr

Commander
15 days, cold turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 25 ish years!! Bad bronchitis put me in hospital for a few days, MRI, etc show I'm clean, am going to stay that way , new house 2 weeks away, cant spend my dough if I'm in the damn hospital! A guy lit one up at the oil change place today, I got a whiff, weird, didnt want one???!!!
Honestly if I can quit a pack a day habit, I beleive anyone can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm stubborn!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Keep it up! Just don?t be alarmed if you find yourself craving... it happens. Giving up those things is about the best move you can make. Good for you!

I quit in the 90?s and felt so much better afterwards.

Smart move on your part!

ezbtr

Commander
Keep it up! Just don’t be alarmed if you find yourself craving... it happens. Giving up those things is about the best move you can make. Good for you!

I quit in the 90’s and felt so much better afterwards.

Smart move on your part!
Oh boy the guy at the oil change place sparked one up, I thought i would scalp him, butttttt nada!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was good! LMAO!!!

bigdee

Commander
Good for you! I quit after 40+ years. I used a E-cig without nicotine to ween the mechanical part of the habit and then quit that after a few months. Smoking is bad....7 years after quitting I found out I now have COPD.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I'm a year and a half in. Been trying for years, finally stuck this time. Something about hitting 50 years old. Prob similar to sitting in a hospital.

funny I started a thread on THT about 6 years ago about quitting, the thread still gets a post every now and then. I was there yesterday

the urges get fewer and weaker. Wife still smokes, i go outside occasionally with her no prob.

aspeck

Staff member
Good for you! You will breath and feel better! Keep it up!

alldodge

Staff member
Great to hear, way to go

I quit 30 some years ago but could not go cold turkey, just lit one up when craving got real bad and took one or two puffs, then put it out. The only down side is after some time, you will smell smoke 50 yards away and think, man that stinks.

ezbtr

Commander
Yeah not super easy but honestly if I'm busy, it passes pretty quick. Also at $8 a pack/1 pack a day, boy am I saving money!!

ezbtr

Commander
And at 53 yrs old , I probably tried to quit a dozen times, but after 3-4 days in hospital 1.5 weeks ago, w/ bronchitis, short breath, fever/virus, I think I was just done, don't ever want to be that sick again! :)

ezbtr

Commander
I'm a year and a half in. Been trying for years, finally stuck this time. Something about hitting 50 years old. Prob similar to sitting in a hospital.

funny I started a thread on THT about 6 years ago about quitting, the thread still gets a post every now and then. I was there yesterday

the urges get fewer and weaker. Wife still smokes, i go outside occasionally with her no prob.
You can occasionally have a smoke????

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
You can occasionally have a smoke????

oh no no I've hit one every now and then - just gross. Hard to believe I enjoyed it so much.

I just go out with her. That is our social time. Sit on the back patio looking over the fields and talk. Sitting inside feels weird with her outside. I don't go every time, don't want to somehow fall into the pattern again.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Good for you. You will eventually wonder why you ever did it. Your sense of smell will come back better than ever.

alldodge

Staff member
The down side of smell coming back, is you can walk in a room that someone has smoked in days ago you'll know it. Also walking down the street, you can smell if someone up wind from ya is smoking, yards away

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The down side of smell coming back, is you can walk in a room that someone has smoked in days ago you'll know it. Also walking down the street, you can smell if someone up wind from ya is smoking, yards away

Just like the rest of us who never smoked.......:)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm sorry :(

The biggest thing is u quit.... I'm trying to get a buddy to quit. He's on and off. I keep telling him that his lungs start healing instantly. However, it's not sinking in.

Another buddy finally quit. He had a nasty hack, he claimed it wasn't from smoking. Right...... As soon as he quit the hack went away.

Good luck fellas!