No! Emergency ;) :) :) :)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I T I S here....

Gotten 3times more since 6p, about 9inches now, no let up anytime soon

Yep, just kick back and enjoy the show..... Anyone who has to shovel shouldn't wait until it's all over. Don't need to hear about any heart attacks.....:smow:

I got yelled at today because I didn't plow 2" of snow out of a cabin drive. It's been a 3" minimum for 15 years.... 2" pffft... I'll do it, but then we're going to X amount per time. Bet that would change things in a hurry.....

jbcurt00

Staff member
I got no plans to go anywhere beyond the patio for the next 2 days. Just far enough to make sure the dogs hit the yard instead of the porch.

Fortunately, it is a powdery dry snow. So until it warms up, it isnt heavy.....

That will save some trees and power lines. Which, for many here is a big deal. Lots of hollows and ravines that dont have many homes so they become low priorities during a storm's power loss.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I was going to say, you guys must still have power since you're posting.....

jbcurt00

Staff member
Carp, 15-20mph w gusts to 30+ means its cold, but I could just toss the snow off the patio into the air and away it went....

Note to self and the dog: always stand UP wind of the thrown snow :cold:

Its the puppy's 1st snow storm w more then 2in... she is not a fan. Not at all....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Still warm here, people surfing at sunset last night. Have a two hour layover in vegas. Might step outside I'll let you know how it feels

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
It's 44 degrees here, windy and raining. Nice inside the house though. Coffee is great! :D

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
its raining and windy here as well. Temp is todays high of 59

Tnstratofam

Commander
We had freezing rain and sleet off and on yesterday mixed with a few flurries. Turned to snow last night around 7:00, but we only had about a half an inch on top of what was left of the 4 inches from Wednesday by 12:00 last night. Woke up this morning to an additional 4 inches, and it's still pouring down outside.

Gonna go shovel the driveway here in a few just to try and stay ahead of whatever we may end up with. The forecast here is calling for another 2-3 inches by this evening before it tapers off. I know we dodged the real mess people north of us got. Just 15 miles north of us in the Bristol area and North towards Abingdon the snow fall totals double and triple in spots.

Ya'll stay safe out there, and Joe soak up some warm weather and sunshine for those of us back home freezing.:smow:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
We are 8-9 hours out from the leading edge hitting us and the forecasters are still anywhere from 4 - 24 inches! HA! Local news has it zoned as "Not Much," "Plowable," and "A Lot." Duh!

Which of the 3 got you, 'speck? "Not Much," "Plowable," and "A Lot."

I saw the highest reported Pa. amount was in Windber with 26". That's not too far from you and that's "A lot". LOL

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Ugh, hard to get the dogs to go out in the yard when the yard is nearly dog nose deep in snow.....

14+ yesterday, about 4 more over night, a few today into tonight then a bit predicted for the overnight.

Yep, its a lot
And nope ^^^ we do not like it a lot :blue:

southkogs

Staff member
About 4 inches of white terror here Middle Tennessee ... lotsa' ice though.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Buddy of mine lives in Johnstown, PA. Yesterday they were predicting 4-6 inches. He sent me this pic of his patio a little while ago. Says they're at 22 inches and still counting. :laugh:

V__6771.jpg

Attachments

• V__6771.jpg
    V__6771.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0
  • V__6771.jpg
    V__6771.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 0

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
It's a different story here in eastern Washington.

We got visited by granddaughters. Here is what they put across our driveway at the entrance yesterday.

Most of the snowmen are about 3" tall.

It's raining now and the snowmen are all gone.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Which of the 3 got you, 'speck? "Not Much," "Plowable," and "A Lot."

I saw the highest reported Pa. amount was in Windber with 26". That's not too far from you and that's "A lot". LOL

Might have to send a search and rescue team out for him. Wait a second, I think that's what he does..... Bet he's been busy all day.....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Might have to send a search and rescue team out for him. Wait a second, I think that's what he does..... Bet he's been busy all day.....

Maybe 'speck is trying to find himself. :smile:

Hope all he's doing is pulling cars out of ditches.

aspeck

Staff member
Most of the idiots got off the road by 8pm last night. Had one head on, but no major injuries. At 10 pm about 5 inches down. By 11/11:30 there was over a foot. This morning when I left the house there was about 20-22. Till the snow stopped around 5 this evening we had between 24 - 30, depending on where you measured. 40 miles south is Bedford and the PA turnpike. You might have seen the pictures of the 4,000 people stranded there. Crazy storm. I am tired ... been a LONG day. We canceled service tomorrow morning ... roads are ugly and it is getting cold. Should be okay in time for evening service.

Our 911 towers went down today, so we were strictly on text alerts. It was a crazy day ... had to repair the plow and the snowblower, but all good in the end.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
'Speck, at least you got some snow that you wanted. I guess be careful what you wish for.... :)

Sounds real ugly out there.......