No! Emergency ;) :) :) :)

southkogs

Staff member
We got 3.5 yesterday, and last night
AD, I didn't realize you were in KY - dunno' why, but you're just a couple hours (at most) away. That's 3.5", right?

Weather forecasts are nuts around here ... they have no idea what is going to happen this weekend.
That's effectively what we have too. They try, but ...

alldodge

Staff member
AD, I didn't realize you were in KY - dunno' why, but you're just a couple hours (at most) away. That's 3.5", right?

Yep, 3.5 inches and yep sounds like were fairly close to one another

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
we just checked into the hotel in Southern California.......

sunny and 73 degrees.

jbcurt00

Staff member
we just checked into the hotel in Southern California.......

sunny and 73 degrees.

I hope you spill your poolside frosty libation during a earthquake and get a sunburn :(

Safe travels Joe, enjoy the weather, I'm sure there'll still be plenty of cold and nasty left to come when you get back.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yep... Just a one day, two night stop here for work then up to Seattle to see the folks for the weekend so nice and damp and cold there, then Denver and home Friday. Hoping most of it will be gone then it will be spring the next day??

If not, I also cover the gulf coast states and I always do a two week 'roundabout' in early March - just enough to get me thru to warm weather. A trip or two back to SOCAL and I'll survive until the dogwoods bloom and the stripers are running.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I no longer live where it snows.....but when I visit, hold my beer and watch this.......:D

alldodge

Staff member
Well have an 1/8 inch ice on everything, satellite down, watching weather from the computer and a snow storm is coming. Oh goody

aspeck

Staff member
We are 8-9 hours out from the leading edge hitting us and the forecasters are still anywhere from 4 - 24 inches! HA! Local news has it zoned as "Not Much," "Plowable," and "A Lot." Duh!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You can be sure of one thing, 'speck. No matter what happens, 2 out of the 3 forecasts are wrong! Much better than usual when 3 for 3 are wrong.

jbcurt00

Staff member
We're in the same 3-24in ring on the pending snow map aspeck

Starts in 1 to 8 hours :rolleyes:

Wish I was afforded the same margin of error at work....

They've been broadcasting shelter in place warnings since the 5pm news yesterday.

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We are 8-9 hours out from the leading edge hitting us and the forecasters are still anywhere from 4 - 24 inches! HA! Local news has it zoned as "Not Much," "Plowable," and "A Lot." Duh!

4 - 24? That's worse than the forecasters around here.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Watching the Weather Channel, I about fell out of the chair. Some on-air weather dude is in DC with no snow on the ground waving around a yardstick. I think he was muttering "It better come" LOL

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
For all the news footage of people shovelling in winter, why don't they show people cutting grass in summer

jbcurt00

Staff member
I T I S here....

Gotten 3times more since 6p, about 9inches now, no let up anytime soon