New T-shirt

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New T-shirt

Let's cool off some now fellows before it gets to carried away.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Willy, A tee shirt with holes in it is a tee shirt with holes in it. Not that i wont wear a holy tee.I got a drawer full of them, and get verbal with the wife when she tries to toss them... Besides, if worn properly, tee shirts require no "eye slits" in them. Most of us neocons wear them over our nips, not our eyes. Sometimes you make no sense at all. Do you wear your tees over your head or sompin?
:)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Thanks for proving my point Foots. ;)
(Look at my response under your Infidel picture)

By the way, I don't find the Infidel T-shirt offensive when worn by a non-Muslim. Nor would I find a Gringo T-shirt offensive when worn by a non-Mexican. Or even a Gentile T-shirt worn by a non-Jew. I'd find them humorous. I like irony. But if you were visiting the Middle East, Mexico, or Israel and you saw a local wearing a T-shirt saying Infidel speak Arabic or GET OUT, Gringo speak Spanish or GET OUT, or Gentile speak Hebrew or GET OUT, I think you would be justified in feeling offended.

I Hate Hatred. And that's kinda ironic too. Or is it a Paradox? Sometimes I confuse the two.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

By the way, I don't find the Infdel T-shirt offensive when worn by a non-Muslim. Nor would I find a Gringo T-shirt offensive when worn by a non-Mexican. Or even a Gentile T-shirt worn by a non-Jew. I'd find them humorous. I like irony. But if you were visiting the Middle East, Mexico, or Israel and you saw them saying Infidel speak Arabic or GET OUT, Gringo speak Spanish or GET OUT, or Gentile speak Hebrew or GET OUT, I think you would be justified in feeling offended.

Really now. How many school districts REQUIRE their staff to speak english in those contries? How many businesses have "Press 2 for english" in those countries?
As for your examples, I wouldn't give a carp what shirt they wore. It's a SHIRT! I am not that small mined to let it bother me.

ENGLISH is the language of this country, not spanish or mexican or whatever you want to call it.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

It's the symbolism, Plainsman. What are your feelings about swasticas? White robes with white hoods? Our President burned in effigy? It's promotion of hatred and that's never justifiable nor acceptable. Or at least it certainly shouldn't be. But if you listen to the likes of Limbaugh and O'Reilly, you hear so much of it all the time that you become accustomed to it and think it's alright. Well, it isn't. It isn't alright for conservatives to hate liberals, republicans to hate democrats, or citizens to hate visitors. All that gets you is recriprocal attitudes and that doesn't do Humanity any good whatsoever.

Forgive me if I sound Preachy. But I come from a long line of Lutheran ministers that I bet few can match. My maternal grandfather and his only brother were ministers. My maternal grandmother and her sister were ministers wives and their five brothers were all ministers as were their parents. I guess it's in my blood.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Quote willy "But if you listen to the likes of Limbaugh and O'Reilly, you hear so much of it all the time that you become accustomed to it and think it's alright" end quote

And if you listen to the likes of the MSM and the libs in charge of the Congress, I can make that same statement.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

By the way, I don't find the Infidel T-shirt offensive when worn by a non-Muslim. Nor would I find a Gringo T-shirt offensive when worn by a non-Mexican. Or even a Gentile T-shirt worn by a non-Jew. I'd find them humorous. I like irony. But if you were visiting the Middle East, Mexico, or Israel and you saw a local wearing a T-shirt saying Infidel speak Arabic or GET OUT, Gringo speak Spanish or GET OUT, or Gentile speak Hebrew or GET OUT, I think you would be justified in feeling offended.

I Hate Hatred. And that's kinda ironic too. Or is it a Paradox? Sometimes I confuse the two.

I was responding to that post. Just because I don't always quote you, it doesn't mean I cannot read.
I hope you understood what I meant. As for tees that offend.. i guess if my tee shirt did not offend, you liked it? Right. Why reply with a comment that it needs "eye slits"?
I think it DOES offend you, but you wont admit it. :) That's cool.

It's a love/hate relationship for me personally.
I like it for the message it sends my enemies... I dislike it because it has no pocket and I live in Florida (black tees are a tad hot).
As for the "Speak english" tee, I live in Florida, so to wear it behind enemy lines is suicide.... Still, I like it a lot!! Maybee if i wear a bomb belt under it, so when the enemy strikes, i detonate and take the mutant with me? A tought.

Either way, I'm still gonna have to get with Snapper and get more a offensive, more comfortable design printed.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Actually I posted that at 7:13 just before you edited the Infidel picture in at the bottom at 7:20, Footer. The KKK reference was in response to the tilte T-shirt at the top. I should have gone back and made that clearer.

I'm afraid I disagree that mainstream media is just a guilty at fostering hate as Limbaugh and O'Reilly, Plainsman. But Limbaugh and O'Reilly would sure like it that you think so. Regardless, no matter the source and no matter which side, it's still counterproducive absolutely.

It's interesting about all this bashing of the mainstream media. Conservative talk radio does it. Progressive talk radio does it. When both sides feel equally offended, they must be doing a pretty good job of riding the fence.