New T-shirt

bekosh

Lieutenant
Re: New T-shirt

Theodore Roosevelt said:
Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

The only way for an immigrant to achieve and get ahead in this country is to learn to speak English. If you refuse to learn it is quite clear that you are not here to become a productive part of American society, but are just here to mooch off the gravy train.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I for one am tired of people putting down drunken cowboys for their slurred speech. next thing you know you people will be against them hiccuping in public.....jeez. The truth is if you cant at least semi-comunicate with me within a year of moving into this country somethings wrong. Fine dont speak english but why do we give them special privledges like double printing government papers and bi-lingual opperators and such......If those things never happened #1 they would learn the language to survive and #2 You wouldnt see a shirt like that.

Last edited:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I wouldn't begin to disagree with you Bekosh. (Teens with multiple facial piercings too. ) The same may be said about many Black lifelong citizens in our country. In fact the same was indeed said ... by Bill Cosby! I hate to get off-subject, but Ebonics perpetuates the "N" stereotype like nothing else I can think of. Then of course there's those nappy-headed Ho's. OK for a black to say something like that, but whitey Don Imus? Talk about a double-standard. But did you hear them talk about it on Today? Perish the thought that a black could be guilty of a double standard. How dare we white folk suggest such a thing! :rolleyes: But those are fodder for other topics. Mini-rant over.

aspeck

Staff member

Willie, it is scarey how much we DO think alike ... I will leave it at that so we don't get even further off topic ... But we are not, it was about speaking ingrish ...

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

There's old WillyBWhinin crying in his beer over the rights of illegals. Sure, he dresses it up in some pretty speech about immigrants and tells the story of our ancestors... but in the end it's just the same old liberal routine... destroy the country and turn it into another third world ghetto.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Obviously you didn't pay attention RF. You might want to read my posts again. I have little sympathy for Illegals. Never have had, never will have. My French and German ancestors came here legit. I just have accepted the fact that while your buddy Dubya is in charge, little to nothing will be done about Illegals. They contribute too much to our GDP for him to do anything beyond token soundbites in a vain attempt to make him look good. Like it or not, a good deal of the food on your table got there with the toil of Illegals.

SuperNova

Lieutenant

The only things that really irritate me is when I think of how much tax money is wasted on accomodating people who refuse to learn English and how much more items cost to help defray the expense of writing manuals in two languages and how the majority of the time this is only done to accomodate one ethnic group. All others ARE forced to learn at least passable English to survive in our society. So where is the real bigotry? In people like plainsman (no offense) or in our own government, which seems to believe these people are too STUPID to learn the language? If I was an immigrant I would take it as a matter of PRIDE to learn my new cultures ins and outs. The only thing most of them want to learn the ins and outs of is the welfare system.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

The only thing most of them want to learn the ins and outs of is the welfare system.

That and the location of the closest emergency room so they can get their FREE health care.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Whatcha think 12 footer? It will go good with my Infidel T-shirt and maybe yours as well.

speak_english.jpg

Very nice!!
toast.gif

I regret that I have but one back to wear tees upon. :)

BTW, I sure get some funny looks at the park when I wear that "infidel" shirt.

68623409.TEU1v4LF.jpg

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Might I suggest accessorizing that Uncle Sam T-shirt with a white floursack hat. Cut your own custom eyeslits. A real fashion statement. :rolleyes:

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Why don't you just lend him yours? I mean, you are with the party that supported slavery and all.

xtraham

Lieutenant

Hey Willy,
Let me start by thanking you for the get well wish..
Now let me explain where these other guy?s are coming from.
If God forbid, you are ever in my shoes you will understand. I have worked and worked hard all my life,(I?m 45 been working since age 12) paid taxes like all honest hard working people do.
For the last 10-15 years I have paid on an average of 300 ? 350 dollars per week in taxes,
I basically got tired of being self employed and went to work for a major corp. all the benefits etc. great, they decided to move the company, no problem I found a job closer to home, good pay, still paying 350 per week in taxes. The benefits at the new job kicks in after 90 days, well before that 90 days I fall Ill, so no insurance, med bills out the ying yang, does not take long to go broke Willy, when you start looking at 4-5000 dollars med bills every other week, so I have to swallow my pride and ask the state for help, everything looked good, I have 2 old cars but I worked hard to pay my house off early so I could give my family nice things, just as I was getting able to enjoy those nice things, BAM. In a second I can?t work. Well because I own my home the state says sorry no help for you because you can sell that home and pay your medical bills, do you agree with them Willy? I sit here and watch young healthy thugs sit on their steps waiting for the mail man on the 1st of every month looking for that brown envelope, I sat in that social services office listening to the bi lingual social workers and watching them handing out the red and white medical cards and explaining to them how much afdc, food stamps and rent assistance they would receive. I also watch that brown envelope go up in smoke as they buy and sell drugs with all that money I gave them in the last 30+ years. My wife works Willy, she just got promoted to assistant manager at dollar general, she makes 7.75 per hour, we have a family of 4, so please tell ME what is fair. I feel for any honest hard working American that when it comes down to really needing the money that they worked so hard for, I can from experience say, ?you ain?t gonna get it? so how much of our tax money does it take to train all those people that give our money away, to speak another language so they can understand how to file for it and get it? If you would like to know any more just ask I'll be glad to tell ya how it works.

Tom

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

All you Neocons have so much hatred for liberals that you simply refuse to read a word I typed and assume that I have nothing but sympathy for Illlegals. I suggest you get your heads out of the sand and read exactly what I wrote and try to comprehend it. I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ILLEGALS! I never suggested that I did. Yet in your rush to judge, you have once again read my mind to your own narrow definitions and totally missed my point.

I am still waiting for your defense of King George's total lack of action regarding this issue, but as usual all I see is empty rhetoric totally ignoring the question.

I too fell through the cracks when it came to that 90 day period. My oldest son was hospitalized during that time and I'm still trying to pay the bill. So please go back and read what I wrote. I'm sorry for your most unfortunate situation, but mine is not much different from yours. My son was in intensive care in a coma for ten days and hospitalized for nearly a month. I missed a lot of time from work to be at his side. Between his mother and myself he was never alone. Imagine a bill like that. Fortunately it was largely covered thanks to the UW Children's Hospital's programs. But certainly not all of it. Without insurance, I have plenty left over to cover all by myself. Too much to be able to pay over $500/month to insure them now. I either keep a roof over our heads or pay for insurance. That's my dilemna. Fortunately I have the internet and eBay to help suppliment the irregular income that goes along with being a boat mechanic in Wisconsin.

If your answer is to Hate, that's your choice. Don't deride me for not making the same chioice. I Refuse! Illegal immigrants are not the root of my situation. Our healthcare/insurance system is.

I hope your recovery is complete and swift! :) My son is just fine now and I hope you will be too, and Soon.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

All you Neocons have so much hatred for liberals that you simply refuse to read a word I typed and assume that I have nothing but sympathy for Illlegals. I suggest you get your heads out of the sand and read exactly what I wrote and try to comprehend it. I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ILLEGALS! I never suggested that I did. Yet in your rush to judge, you have once again read my mind to your own narrow definitions and totally missed my point.

I am still waiting for your defense of King George's total lack of action regarding this issue, but as usual all I see is empty rhetoric totally ignoring the question.

I too fell through the cracks when it came to that 90 day period. My oldest son was hospitalized during that time and I'm still trying to pay the bill. So please go back and read what I wrote. I'm sorry for your most unfortunate situation, but mine is not much different from yours. My son was in intensive care in a coma for ten days and hospitalized for nearly a month. I missed a lot of time from work to be at his side. Between his mother and myself he was never alone. Imagine a bill like that. Fortunately it was largely covered thanks to the UW Children's Hospital's programs. But certainly not all of it. Without insurance, I have plenty left over to cover all by myself. Too much to be able to pay over $500/month to insure them now. I either keep a roof over our heads or pay for insurance. That's my dilemna. Fortunately I have the internet and eBay to help suppliment the irregular income that goes along with being a boat mechanic in Wisconsin.

If your answer is to Hate, that's your choice. Don't deride me for not making the same chioice. I Refuse! Illegal immigrants are not the root of my situation. Our healthcare/insurance system is.

I hope your recovery is complete and swift! :) My son is just fine now and I hope you will be too, and Soon.

Seems like a leftwing nut had a nerve hit. You want to call folks a bigot and a neocon, disrepect the President of the United States, I can play that way as well.

What was slick willy's answer? What is the left wing answer to the border?
Once again, not an answer just b!#tc!ng and whining. Never an answer.

Guess you wanted this thread locked because most folks here see the light, well except one person. Why are you so offeded by the shirt?

IT'S JUST A SHIRT!!!!
Don't look at it if you don't like it.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Speaking from experience are ya? And once again the lib changes the topic. Facts hurt ya willly?

OldMercsRule

Captain

Hey, Willy, Sorry to hear about your son! I am worried about one of my adult 21 year old 'kids' as well, who is not covered but knows much more then dear old 'boring' serious DAD. Remember: most employer health plans have COBRA benifits. You sign up when you get the offer required by law and can remain covered for up to 18 months, which covers the 90 day signup probationary period with the new employer. Small employers (like the company I own), are not required to offer COBRA benifits, so in that case buy a private plan for the 90 days. ESPECIALLY IF you support a fimily! Hind sight is always 20 -20. JR