Not open for further replies.

zach103

Commander
Re: New England Get Together

thats the link i was looking at .. thats why i decided on that place

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

Put me down but PLEASE make it a Sunday. Saturdays are too cray at work.

Bassacwards is the absolute best day of boating every year.

zach103

Commander

ya it sounds cool.. i just want somwhere around ct for this year to get everyone used to it ..than maybe next year go out there for the weekend

Itll be sunday the First of Aug

pduquette

Ensign

Sunday , August 1st ! That should be do-able for me ! Questions ? Comments ? Objections ? How about location now ??? Keep the momentum going Everyone ! peter

pduquette

Ensign

I like mine with lettus an tomato , Hinze 57 an french fried potatoe , big kosher pickle , and a cold draft beer .........(Buffet)

riptide09

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would be interested in attending if the date/location was good. Last full week of August (22-29) is bad for me, I will be boating/fishing up Island Falls Maine that week (Pleasant Lake, Mattawamkeag Lake)

- Dave

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

First Sunday of August Works for me, and Hamburg Cove sounds good as well.

TL

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

So long as I get my boat ready for the water in time I will definately be there.

I would probably look into going saturday and spending the night into Sunday. If things go as planned I should have a grill for the boat, just need to find one I like!

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thats cool with me as long as i can find the place

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I figure people that were just going for the day on Sunday, and coming from the north, could meet up at the salmon river ramp a few miles up river from the cove then we could all cruise down together....

thoughts?
TL

zach103

Commander

ya i would deff meet there first that would be smart just incase something happens..

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am all set for 1st of August. I have my family and 2 other families with there boats going. Where is the boat ramp/ meeting place going to be?

Post a link from google maps would be great. My boating calendar is starting to fill up. I wait and work all year for boating season. To be going someplace new, meet new friends, boating, and chocolate chip cookies I wish we were meeting up next week. :)

riptide09

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have marked the date on my calendar. I am looking forward to going. Up until last summer my boat never left Lake Winnisquam in NH (it was my Uncle's boat until I bought it in September).

- Dave

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is the link to the Salmon River Ramp:
http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2686&q=384278&depNav_GID=1620

Here is the Google Map View:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=41.466974,-72.467607&spn=0.002669,0.004136&t=h&z=18

It's a decent ramp I have used a few times before, I have seen people putting in decent sized approx 24' keeled sailboats so I think it would be a fine ramp for some of the larger cruisers that may be interested in coming. There is a good deal of parking, and the ramp / site looks better in my head / memories than what is shown on the google maps view...

It is a great trip down to Hamburg Cove from this launch as well.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I will have to see how the ramp looks, if not there is one in Old Saybrook where I can definately launch.

That is if I don't have the boat slipped on the river already by then.

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will have to see how the ramp looks, if not there is one in Old Saybrook where I can definately launch.

That is if I don't have the boat slipped on the river already by then.

Ya the Ramp in Old Saybrook is a very nice one as well. What marinas are you looking at... just curious for when I get a larger boat.

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ok so i am good for august 1st should be about a 1hr and half drive for me if i find it on 1st shot lol. Might just find a camp site near by and hang out for the night before.

Status
Not open for further replies.