New England Get Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

zach103

Commander
Ok guys lets try this again.. i know a bunch of you were interested in getting together last year.. so lets try it this summer.. How does August sound? .. everyone throw in some ideas please.

Last edited:

pduquette

Ensign
Re: New England Get Together

Hi Zach ! I'm up for a meet , as long as it's not a Holiday weekend (due to work) . Black Snowslide has started a similar thread ( SE New England rollcall) . I guess figgureing who is interested and where to meet is key before when . Most weekends work for me and salt / fresh isn't a concern for me . Everyone else?? ; Lets hear from ya ! peter

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm down to go ! Non holiday would be great, july or august either or. lol you make the plans and i'll show up

zach103

Commander

John.. and pete ( pete your my wingman here) check your schedules when you can and give me some weekends that you can do it.. i was thinking somewere on the river.. maybe down by the sound or somthing.. just for the day go and have some lunch, chit chat, and check out the boats..

zach103

Commander

oh and if you find anyone else that is from around here pm them

zach103

Commander

is that by the convention center.. we need somwhere that we can dock/beach/tie up easily.. im not familiar with the river yet so if you can fill me in that would help a lot

Black Snow Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

3rd week of Audust is a No-Go for me as we are boating in Lake George. Any other time count me in. Are you thinking fresh or salt water?

A great Saturday is the last Saturday in July. There is a Band on a barge at this little island in Pocasset Harbor

Pics from last year. All the randome files.

http://www.bassackwardsrace.com/gallery/

http://www.bassackwardsrace.com/links.html

The home page http://www.bassackwardsrace.com/

It is a well protected harbor, Beach, and about 3000 boaters, Down side is Most of the boat ramps require a 2 mile trip across a narrow part of Buzzards Bay. There may be better launch sites but I have not done my home work.

Love the idea of a GTG.

surge006

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll be open anytime, But if you think about it you have july 4th vaca, then labor day vaca, So best for more people to go would be prob last weekend of july threw 2nd/3rd weekend of august just my opion. But like i said im open whenever. And im pretty sure hartford dosnt have any place to dock and i def wouldnt wanna jump in the water there.

zach103

Commander

hahah ya well i want some ideas for now .. i was thinking down the river more.. i know theres a sand bar that a lot of ppl go to farther down the river and they say its really cool place... anyone know where tho?

pduquette

Ensign

Salt / fresh no matter to me ! B.S.S Keep reminding me of pocassett!!! That sounds like fun -my last trip of the year I went from the Weweantic river to cleaveland ledge and back on 1 tank so that gig should be a go:D .peter

iBrent

Seaman

A buddy of mine has a Stingray, and for the longest time (up until the economy took a dump), the local dealer would have a rally/get together on Mashpee Pond. I've never been there, and it would be quite a hike, but I hear it's really nice with clear, clean, deep water.

zach103

Commander

pete and brent.. put up some links if you can. thanks

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Guys,

I am definitely up for a GTG, as of now I don't have too many spoken for weekends in the summer but that changes fast....

I don't care either way about where we go... someplace on the CT river... in the sound... or someplace else... ether way I am down...

Tom

zach103

Commander

Guys how bout Hamburg Cove off the CT River. on the FIRST of August. you guys tell me what you think..

and i was thinking for food should we do potluck.. or just everyone chip in $5 for some hot dogs hamburgers.. chips.. and soda... my gf already said shes making you guys chocolate chip cookies

tlynch99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Either of the last two weekends (sat or sun) of july would work best for me. About the hamburg cove, I have only gone in there once, it was very nice and a lot of people say it's a great place to anchor. Anyone else have experience in there?

The pot luck sounds like a great idea...

Sounds like a blast, can't wait to get the boat out....

tjl

Status
Not open for further replies.