Navigation light question

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Navigation light question

I know the OP was having fun, but my 10 year old Regal 2550 has factory installed LED turn signals and brake lights on the transom. They are connected to the trailer harness via a connector at the bow and come on only when the trailer lights come on.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

I know the OP was having fun, but my 10 year old Regal 2550 has factory installed LED turn signals and brake lights on the transom. They are connected to the trailer harness via a connector at the bow and come on only when the trailer lights come on.

Wow...:redface:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

My crystal ball sees a safe boating class in your future ;)

My crystal ball is mounted to the top of the dash on my boat. Darn thing has this floaty thing inside it with all these N, NNE, NE, ect., markings, which sometimes makes it difficult to see the future. There are also these numbers all around (1-360). I just don't get it... I know that there are 365 days in a year. Do you think that Chaparral just made a mistake, or am I missing something?

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

you moron, shake it and turn it over and it will tell you want to do

windy5849

Petty Officer 1st Class

My crystal ball sees a safe boating class in your future

Mine is a snow globe,when you shake it you see all the "FLAKES".

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

i'm with MRS...

:confused::confused::confused:

vh, tell us your kidding about having turn signals on your boat.

i have navigation lights on my boat. a white all around stern light and a red(port)/green(starboard) bow light. this light is visible from 0*-112.5* respectively. these are what the ndr in my state requires that i have. http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/boating/guides/boating/BGlights.asp

i'm sure many would love to help you out. but i'm at a loss. i don't know how to help as i've never heard of turn signals on a boat.

fwiw. my nav lights are energized with a 2 pull switch on the dash. 1 pull energizes the stern light, 2 pulls energizes both bow and stern lights. no starboard or port to it????

imho, speaking for my boat, no. my mfg was quite inventive in what they decided was to be a properly equipped 19' speed boat. turn signals weren't on the list...

Alright guys,
This has been fun... Do you guys remember Sasto getting sucked in by Marcoalza?... Well I guess I got Ziggy, and a few others too. I was really suprised to see Sasto taken in; and no less by Ziggy:p. I guess one day, my time will come. Heck, maybe one day I'll forget the plug too:rolleyes:. I hope you guys have had as much fun with this as I have. NYBO, you busted me out twice, and some still didn't get it:D... Gotta love it!!! Again, this HAS been fun.

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

you moron, shake it and turn it over and it will tell you want to do

I thought about that myself; but I just couldn't get the darn thing off the dash so I tried trimming up at high speed but I couldn't get the boat to porpoise enough to really shake it up;).

Andy'sDelight

Petty Officer 1st Class

You guys are lucky you got boats that have automatic turn signals. I have to switch the light on and then make the girlfriend climb up the bow and keep covering and uncovering the light in a timed manner to make it look like it's blinking.

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

You guys are lucky you got boats that have automatic turn signals. I have to switch the light on and then make the girlfriend climb up the bow and keep covering and uncovering the light in a timed manner to make it look like it's blinking.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha, AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:eek::p:D

sasto

Captain

make the girlfriend climb up the bow and keep covering and uncovering the light in a timed manner to make it look like it's blinking.

I had my first girlfriend do that on the bow, juggling her........:rolleyes:....nevermind.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I am calling the guy I bought my boat from and telling him I want my money back!!! NO TURN SIGNALS ON MY BOAT. :mad::mad::mad:

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade

SASTO,What do you mean juggling her ..... I dont get it, please be more clear. :D

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

Just one- you DID use a spark-protected, marine rated turn signal flasher in your wiring, didn't you? Mine cost about 4x what an automotive part would have, but it's worth it for the peace of mind.

My .02

Still have the original wiring in the boat. I was actually planning on rewiring soon, though. When I do, you can be sure I will indeed use spark-protected, marine rated turn signal flasher in my wiring. I'll also be sure to properly seat the sydoflasm so as not to throw the adjustment valve out of sync which would surely lead one with less experience to believe that the gonkulators to blame. I've been down that route in the past. The real trouble lies in making sure that no wires get crossed, so that the red half of the navigation light flashes at the appropriate time without interferance from the green.
Hope you weren't too worried. You seemed kinda concerned;)

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

surely your going to need a cable stretcher for that!!

And that will be the last time I call you surely

bosn buddy

Cadet

And do I repeat do not forget the proper rated rotcudhi, rotisapac, braziflatchit, and most important of all, the muffler bearings.

sasto

Captain

SASTO,What do you mean juggling her ..... I dont get it, please be more clear. :D

Don't take me there.....produceguy......I'm still having a hard time getting that image out of my head since I posted :rolleyes:.......I'd bet she could blink both lights at the same time now, 30some years later.:redface:

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

surely your going to need a cable stretcher for that!!

And that will be the last time I call you surely

I may need to borrow your cable stretcher, Lipp. Or is that your Lipp stretcher, cable?:rolleyes:... Hmmmmmmm. Anyway... Don't get me off subject:mad:... I don't like to splice in new wiring jobs. Just seems sloppy to me. I'd rather not stretch the wiring either as that results in higher gauge wiring. If your gonna do that, ya may as well just use higher gauge wiring in the first place, and the money saved can go toward enough wiring to do the job properly in the first place... But nobodies perfect; certainly not I. So again, Lipp, you may end up needing to loan me your cable stretcher.

PS: I'm not crazy... and don't call me shirley:p.............................. Sure man:D.