Navigation light question

sasto

Captain
Re: Navigation light question

Hmmmmm....my turn signal is that red button on the dash that for some reason lets out a loud scream. I also have a can of turn signal. Sometimes I push it once....sometimes twice, even 3 times, just depends on how I feel. :rolleyes:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Ten below zero here in the tundra so I'm going to quit thinking about boat turn signals and put the winter air in the trailer and vehicle tires. If anyone finds grade "zz" blinker fluid at a reasonable price, please post a link.

sqbtr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

And we do use turn signals in the south. It's the horn we have no use for. :D

dockwrecker

Lieutenant

Horn is broke, watch for middle finger is the norm where I boat. Everyone seems to understand though...:D

robert graham

Admiral

This much hot air about boat turn signals! Man, it's gonna be a long, cold, winter!....

sasto

Captain

This much hot air about boat turn signals! Man, it's gonna be a long, cold, winter!....

:) How true!......A boat does have a turn signal.....better have....or the Coasties will get ya!

I'm glad they're sound signals since I'm blind and the seeing-eye dog dosen't see colors to well....:)

shrew

Lieutenant

OK. Turn Signals, reverse light, backup alarm. This is a troll..........right?? The replies certainly read like it is. Please tell me the OP is trolling.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

OK. Turn Signals, reverse light, backup alarm. This is a troll..........right?? The replies certainly read like it is. Please tell me the OP is trolling.

You mean YOUR boat doesn't have them?

royal0014

Master Chief Petty Officer

Let's say you have an older boat with left-hand drive... Do you have to drive on the wrong side of the water?? What about a center-console? Dealer's choice?????

<<)))(((>>

NYBo

Admiral

We have no idea what kind of fishing he does.:confused:

But he sure caught a few here, hook, line, and sinker!:D

veritas honus

Lieutenant Commander

QUOTE:
We have no idea what kind of fishing he does:confused:

Mostly spearfishing; but as soon as I can afford it, I plan to get a Magma grill. Between the flash in the sun from the highly polished stainless steel, and the smell of the fish I'll be grilling, it's sure to attract plenty of game fish, right?... So I'll also be using rod and reel, too:cool:.
Any more questions?

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Any more questions?

Just one- you DID use a spark-protected, marine rated turn signal flasher in your wiring, didn't you? Mine cost about 4x what an automotive part would have, but it's worth it for the peace of mind.

My .02

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer

For you unfortunate ones who have the switch mounted vertically, how do you remember which way is the left/port turn signal, and which is the right/starboard turn signal?

Not sure if anyone actually addressed this part of the question.

Fortunately, boating has been around a lot longer than cars, so it goes to realize cars were actually modeled after boats. Since the majority of boats have the vertical type toggle switch, cars were fashioned with the same... down for port and up for starboard.

Hope this helps!

:cool:

Chris-R

Petty Officer 2nd Class

My crystal ball sees a safe boating class in your future ;)

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Not sure if anyone actually addressed this part of the question.

Fortunately, boating has been around a lot longer than cars, so it goes to realize cars were actually modeled after boats. Since the majority of boats have the vertical type toggle switch, cars were fashioned with the same... down for port and up for starboard.

Hope this helps!

:cool:

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

wait--you use your back-up light while trolling? Unless you start off in reverse, you have to be pretty good to go from forward to reverse while trolling. Only times I've done it was by accident!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

After thinking about I believe I use my backoff lights more than my turn signals. But then again the lake I mainly use has this silly rule about counterclockwise rotation so when you are in the middle of the lake it's hard to tell who's coming or going.

seabob4

Lieutenant Commander

Well there just went 2 perfectly good minutes of my life down the crapper...

Tim Wagner

Petty Officer 1st Class

I like to ride around with them flashing port...sometimes for no reason I switch to starboard. said:
Isnt this one of them "Crazy Ivans"??

tbird175

Petty Officer 1st Class

My boat has good working turn signal lights but the manufacturer left off the brake lights. Will I get into trouble without them?