My Rotten Lady

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
just curious as to how much the upholstery shop wanted to recover them??
The original was a little more barrel like. 430.00 each. He's been doing work since I was in high school. Top notch. He said barrel chairs are very time consuming. So I thru them away and took his advice. The new seats were half that price.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
That's what I figured. I was going to do some Barrel Seats but didn't. Mainly because I called the MFG and talked to the main upholster and he said if I didn't have the factory patterns and cut the vinyl according to it's stretch pattern there would be NO way that I could re-cover them and make em look good. I asked what he got for recovering them...$600 each. When I told the customer that He about fainted. I told him due to what he said. I KNEW I wasn't good enuf to do em. After seeing/hearing what Cordell went thru on his semi Barrel seats I'm GLAD I didn't try. :D

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
Well I guess this is one way to do it... I'm taking my girl out to get a new dress and winter coat...

rps20161007_112744.jpg

rps20161007_112559.jpg

rps20161007_112638.jpg

rps20161007_112713.jpg

kramerpage

Chief Petty Officer
I wanted to say HELLO to all my IBoat friends here on the boards that have helped me so much.Its been almost three years ago I started this adventure. As an update I did pull the boat out of the back yard and towed it to a tarp maker in northern OHIO. He did a wonderful job making a new full tarp and Bimini top with side curtains. She is sitting in a field at my brothers farm. This spring I will bring her home and continue the restoration. Good health to all here. Kramer