My deluxe fishing seat project

BillaVista

Petty Officer 1st Class
This year for my wife's birthday I made her a super-fishing-seat (she's crazy about fishing!)

It's basically a Wise Deluxe High-Back Seat with Attwood Swivl-Eze Lock'N-Pin 3/4" Pin Seat Pedestal Posts (one short for the dock position and one longer for the boat position).

The mounting bases are both Swivl-Eze 7 x 7 All Stainless Steel Non-Threaded with Nylon Bushing, 3/4" Pin Base.

The seat base is Swivl-Eze 3/4 Seat Mount Zinc Plated Steel, 3 degree Tilt, 2-3/4 Steel Pin with Spring.

Short post is Swivl-Eze 13 in Fixed Height 3/4 Seat Post, Skin Packed (that I cut down 3" in the end to get it right for my wife)

Tall post is Swivl-Eze 24 in Fixed Height 3/4 Pro Seat Post (that I cut down 4" to fit right in the boat).

I then used a couple of Scotty Combination Rod Holder Mounts and a couple of Scotty Gear Head Mount Extenders to mount a Scotty Powerlock Rod Holder on the left and a Scotty Bait Board on the right. I also cut a piece of plywood to mount under the bait board that has a couple of jumbo stainless-steel cup holders - one for a cup holder and one for an ashtray.

Here are the pics:

Starcraft-2013-Sep-02-6426.jpg

Starcraft-2013-Sep-02-6427.jpg

Starcraft-2013-Sep-02-6428.jpg

Starcraft-2013-Sep-02-6429.jpg

Starcraft-2013-Sep-02-6431.jpg

Starcraft-2013-Sep-02-6433.jpg

dan4081

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: My deluxe fishing seat project

Great Job!

(But you can be honest....is it really for your wife?):cool:

kfa4303

Banned

sweeeeeet!!!!! I love anything DIY. She'll be like Cpt. Kirk on the Enterprise. Be sure you get some pics of it in action.

AChotrod

Petty Officer 1st Class

Looks cozy to me! I could spend hours there for sure!

saumon

Lieutenant

Great work, although before seeing the last set of pics, I thought you were to install the seat on the dock and leave her there! :D

dragos28

Seaman

Great job!
Only problem i have is with this picture

explain to me what the hell is going on! LOL

the left block is at most 2" tall and the right block is 4" tall... yet the base plate is level on top....
is this some sort of optical illusion? cuz its driving me nuts looking at it!
LOL

Air Traffic

Seaman Apprentice

The block on the right is cut at an angle exposing more surface area causing the illusion of a "taller' block.

BillaVista

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great Job!

(But you can be honest....is it really for your wife?):cool:

Thanks. And LOL...but it is in fact for her because 1) I like driving the boat the most and 2) I would need a bigger chair for my fat ***** ;)

BillaVista

Petty Officer 1st Class

sweeeeeet!!!!! I love anything DIY. She'll be like Cpt. Kirk on the Enterprise. Be sure you get some pics of it in action.

Thanks. The Capt Kirk analogy is perfect...I'll be Zulu at the helm!

BillaVista

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great work, although before seeing the last set of pics, I thought you were to install the seat on the dock and leave her there! :D

LOL. That is her fave spot though - we're lucky in our location - have caught smallmouth, channel cat, perch, and pumpkinseed from right there!

BillaVista

Petty Officer 1st Class

Great job!
Only problem i have is with this picture

explain to me what the hell is going on! LOL

the left block is at most 2" tall and the right block is 4" tall... yet the base plate is level on top....
is this some sort of optical illusion? cuz its driving me nuts looking at it!
LOL

I never thought about it until you mentioned it... but it does look wierd now. It is just an illusion. Both "test blocks" are just 4x4 scraps!

southkogs

Staff member

... in the boat is cool, but on the dock wasn't so bad either! Best fishing spot on my folks lake can be right off their dock. With a cup holder, tray and swivel you could be installed there for hours pretty comfortably.

Nice work BillaVista.