Monaco Project - QC

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: Monaco Project - QC

Thanks guys. Really helps with motivation, and since I am three years behind, heck knows I could use some . . . :facepalm:

It's amazing how many things can get you behind, and none that I know of that get you ahead . . . Mistakes, personal, work, personal, women,other boats, kids, mistakes . . . all add up against you. Heck Mrs. QC says, "you need to work on that boat, I need some help with the dishes, when you gonna fix the pond, the boys say their helicopters don't work, how do you record a show tonight at 1:00AM and I'm going down the hill for a massage" all within 15 minutes of each other. You think I'm kidding?

I'm building this boat in the fall, inspired by this [g]uy from Glen-L. He used White ASH strips to separate his laminations.

Yeah, I used to hang out on the Glen-L forum some. Decided to keep my on-line efforts here. I'm a wannabe woodworker and feel over-matched by the true craftsmen over there. Probably why I'm looking for alternatives to the ash strips. Sounds too much like the right way to do it . . . :D

Got these done last night. Need to finish the last two on each side and then will epoxy and trim. After that only the hatches are left as far as the deck veneers are concerned.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stern deck veneers.JPG
    Stern deck veneers.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

QC,

I KNOW exactly what you Mean!!!! I have been trying to get my boat done for a year and a half and it has MINIMAL work to do. BUT.... MY Mrs. sounds like YOUR Mrs. and My KIDS and GrandKids sound like yours!!!!!! LIFE has a tendency to get in the way of this boat building stuff. I guess we just have to deal with it and get to it when we can.

QC

Supreme Mariner

So I finished the stern deck veneers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

But I have to come clean . . . I haven't finished that hatches yet, just laid out the last veneers, but they will be the end of deck "construction". But I cleaned everything off to get a little motivation. Here's where I really am tonight:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stern deck 1.JPG
    Stern deck 1.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Stern deck 2.JPG
    Stern deck 2.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 0
  • Stern deck 3.JPG
    Stern deck 3.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 0

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Looking great! WE ARE ALL anticipating the videos of it running WOT on the lake! Want to set a date for the video????? Uh....would next month be about right? :D

QC

Supreme Mariner

You know Bob, my brother and I use an acronym . . . KMA :eek:

mtore

Cadet

Hey QC,
What happened to the Monaco project? I saw it for sale on CL last week. Did you move to OC?

Mike- previous owner.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hey Mike,

Was just testing the water, but I am so close to finishing I need to plow ahead. Been way too busy with work. The transmission was the latest issue. Engine dieing in neutral as something is weird. Lugs down in neutral like forward and reverse clutches are fighting each other. I have a friend who is going to do that for me. Got the dash done, and I am ready to stuff the engine and trans. Need a mini fire lit under me. Maybe this post will do it . . . :rolleyes: :)