Minnkota PowerDrive V2 & a Minnkota MKA-16-03 Quick Release on a 04 Bayliner 195 BR.

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
Briangcc
U mean 1/4"off the 3.5" .... that's top to bottom... 5.5" is front to back.

Captain thad

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
Hey Thad,
Get the carpet online. Yo may have to wait a few days for it but you should be able to get whatever you want

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
boatcarpetcentral.com
I've not done business with them. Just a place I stumbled across

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
No Title

Okay

Got the deck cut out...that son of a gun is heavy...used 3/4 green treated plywood. Do I need it that thick?

A little spot in front is missing .will I be sorry if I leave that out?

Captain thad

Attachments

• photo265018.JPG
    photo265018.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 3
  • photo265019.JPG
    photo265019.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 2

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
I think 3/4" is absolutely appropriate. I don't think that spot will be detrimental although "I" would not be satisfied with how it looks after you lay carpet. I'm overly picky though. You did a nice job cutting it out though. It looks like it fits well. Are you going to wrap the edges of the board with carpet? If you do you'll get a nice snug fit that will help keep it in place. And it won't scratch your boat.

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks Jcris
Yeah I'm not that particular cuz this will b in and out of the boat! I plan on routering the edges then wrapping it with carpet.

I think I'm just getting the cheap I/O carpet at Lowes tho.

Captain Thad

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
Oh by the way!

I plan on putting a seat up on that deck!
Any suggestions?

Where are yours located? Pros? Cons?

Captain thad

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
U think that center of the seat post is 30-36" from inside edge of boat?

That's my guess.

CT

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Hello CT,
My boat has a different option
You can see the carpeted board that fits over the "well" where the seat base is affixed
There is a seat post that locks into the base on which a swivel seat is mounted. Works great and is similar distance

Attachments

• photo265172.jpg
    photo265172.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1
  • photo265173.jpg
    photo265173.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
thank Guys!

I like them both.

Jcris can you take a pic that shows further back to the **** pit?
also measure how far is it to the center of the post.. then how far is it to your **** pit window?

thanks
Captain Thad

briangcc

Commander
U think that center of the seat post is 30-36" from inside edge of boat?

That's my guess.

CT

​Could be. In all honesty...I picked up the boat, put a cover on it, and have watched it rain for what feels like 40 days and nights. I'm up near Lake Ontario which is currently declared a state disaster area in NY due to all the rain and flooding so I haven't had any time in it. IF I'm lucky, and I doubt it, I may be able to get into my boat this weekend BUT the forecast calls for...you guessed it, more rain.

​We're not the only options though. Do some looking around on various manufacturer's websites. There's any number of Ski & Fish manufacturers: Glastron, Tahoe, Rinker, to name a few.

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
I feel for you briangcc,
I live in northern California and which has been in the midst of a severe drought for several years. Until this year when the drought was declared officially over. In lake county we had over 50 inches of rain which is twice what is considered normal. With your new boat it would not be easy to wait it out
CT
There's about 33" from the bow to the center of the seat base and it's about 48" to the forward most part of the windshield

Last edited:

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Here are some pic's

Attachments

• photo265213.jpg
    photo265213.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo265214.jpg
    photo265214.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1
  • photo265215.jpg
    photo265215.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 1

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
Wow fishing on this BowRider... is becoming a reality.. I just ran the 6 gauge wire the back where I will store the batteries. I hooked up the motor it ran great! Just have to mount the seat pedestal! Later in the season I will remove the motor mount adapter adjust it by decreasing the angle slightly... then I will fiberglass it and gel coat it. But.... I will prolly take the old girl out this Sunday!

Captain Thad

Jcris

Chief Petty Officer
and the old girl will appreciate the exercise haha

Captain Thad

Seaman Apprentice
Can anyone just give me the basics ...enough to fiberglass that wooden adapter I have ...AND ... throw a gel coat on it.

Thanks CT