Mercrusier 350 MAG MPI - RPM issue under a load

alldodge

Staff member
There is a real good thread right up on bosh injectors. They pertained to 525 type but worth the read. The guy that wrote it oil who I would send you to. He goes by articfriends on offshore only.

In short, the Bosch injectors are not the same as Merc and given the same pulse timing put out more fuel.

I'm out so not able to send info right noe

alldodge

Staff member
Oh you mentioned China injectors, do you have China injectors in it now

wbas1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Oh you mentioned China injectors, do you have China injectors in it now
yes it seems so.
I was going to get mine cleaned and flow balanced but they want 225 for all 8. I just ordered 8 new Bosch injectors for just a little bit more. It is also my understanding that Bosch actually makes the parts for Quicksilver

alldodge

Staff member

wbas1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I pulled the injectors today and found out that 2 of them were different and had larger spray holes. Of course those were the ones in the 2 cylinders where the plugs were fouled.

wbas1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Final Update: I have to Thank Alldodge for sticking in with me through this very challenging issue. The boat is all fixed. The issue all the time was the cheap Chinese injectors I bought off of EBay. My dad always says, you buy cheap you get cheap. If I give anyone advise from my issue is to 1st look at the spark plugs & see what the motor is telling you. It will save you a lot of headache. I want to also thank everyone that gave some input. This website is awesome and the people on it are great. Thanks Again!!

Attachments

• recorded-15814772592122.MOV
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Good news. To quote one of the moderators.... Good no cheap, cheap no good