Magnumdekes 1976 22' Starcraft Islander

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triton II

Commander
Re: Magnumdekes 1976 22' Starcraft Islander

Looks great MD! Nice job and as GA_B said, only you will notice the small gaps! :D

TII

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

When you drive by on the galloping horse, I won't see the small gaps. :) All in all, the vinyl looks good, MD.

Man, you're cranking on that thing!

Looks great MD! Nice job and as GA_B said, only you will notice the small gaps! :D

TII

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Guess i am being a little to hard on myself! Doing what i can. Won't notice a thing once the fish are flopping around.

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

LIl progress update!
Got some fairing of the floor done, mixed up some crunchy PB and filled holes in on the floor, we also epoxied the foam at floor level on the sides and epoxied the holes in the side shelves. Poured the plywood seams full of epoxy and laid in a strip of fiberglass tape too!

Did some more paint prep and spray

I also fixed a stainless booboo, When I put in my captive bolts in the pod for outboard mounting I tightened with the impact, stainless likes to gall if you are not careful and when we removed the nuts one stud broke. I had that unit slobbed with 5200, what a bugger to remove, had to cut it from the inside and beat it out with a sledge, all fixed now though! studs look great!
See ya later off to spray some more white!

dozerII

Admiral

Looking good Mag, it's all in the details.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Coming along nicely... good work.

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

48 man hours later, since 5pm friday. Ahh ya lotta hours not a lot of sleeping. Progress!!!!!! Sorry no patience for dialoge just some pics.

Floors ready for vinyl, pieces are waiting there turn

:D

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Had 16 running yards of Nautolex on a roll last night, not on the roll now!

Hill billy dancing

And the leftover goober

NAP TIME!!!!!!! Epoxy drying and will sand and install floor later on tonight, there is a reason for the covering of the wood push, will tell all later, I need some sleep!

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

M-D...WOW!
I have been quietly lurking in the background, watching your build from the beginning...:peep:
I gotta give you massive Kudos, man...you are not only building an awesome "battleship", but your attention to detail and excellent craftsmanship are enviable!
You and your crew do some amazing, high quality work!:encouragement:
Many good things will be learned by many, thanks to you, for taking the time to share your solid work...
If ya don't mind, I'm gonna hang around till this beauty is done...
Have a super weekend!
Gus:)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Looks the whole family was slappin' glue and rolling vinyl. :) And doing a good job too. Gonna be fantastic!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Whole bunch of work behind you now man, excellent!

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

4 hour nap in! One more goal for today, pics will be delivered sometime tonight/tomorrow, off to the races!

Thanks all for the kind words and encouragement!!!!!The IBOAT'S BROTHERHOOD IS AWESOME!!!!!:encouragement:

jbcurt00

Staff member

Great deck work!

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

All right, I am back after a 5 hour nap and a wake up, pulled a third shift last night on the old girl. Headed out at 10 and stopped at the mini storage unit and picked up the small alum. bits and pieces pile.
Got to work and had this fine group of hoodlums show up, ALL LOVED ONES!!!!

Some bits and pieces taking a bath

The top had a track on it for a windshield that I will not be using, I have another one in better shape, part of the rivets holding it had to be replaced with closed end rivets.(structural to the top)

Lil more sanding,

magnumdeke

Chief Petty Officer

Logan sanded his and the boys floor work down and it turned out awesome, nice and smooth, rivets even blended in nice!
Acetone wash and ready for vinyl.

Fitted in,

Took me awhile to get a good plan going, pain in the butt to lay due to the seat bench and the "wings" of nautolex to go under it, lil trial and error and presto, Success!

Turned out great, rolled out well and is hand smooth the whole way, no noticeable lumps or dips, spectacular job of fairing done by the kids, I had no hand in that part other than guidance, pretty proud of their work.
Real proud of the accomplishments this week end, time to recover on the day of rest! (maybe rest)
Have a great Sunday all!!!:joyous:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Looks like you taught the kids how to do good work. :joyous: Someday the parts pile is going to be gone, then what? Oh - splash time. :D

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander

When yous get after it, Yous get after it!!!!!

Looks great,.................

catfishr1

Petty Officer 1st Class

:thumb:Looks outstanding MAG; You & your family, definitely on a mission. The results are fantastic.:clap2:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

You and your team hit that deck like a pack of hyenas...Excellent workmanship and teamwork!

Status
Not open for further replies.