Lone Star Medallion II 1966, Oh Scrap!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Dorm fridge hater :lol:

You can't beat those 3 cyl 70 Johnnyrudes, good power, reliable and sip the gas.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Have to make some vinyl covered ply panels to create a good fit and finish between the plastic on the seats and the bracket.

Next will be to find a good deal on some height adjustable swivel bases, maybe with a slide.

What about using a flat piece of brushed aluminum, cut to fit behind the seat back bracket to cover the plastic seat backer? Bracket might be exposed, but on lots of seats that don't fold flat, and those that do, the bracket/hardware/hinge is exposed. Or paint the bleacher arm and aluminum plate to match the boat's colors, or white to match the seat.

These are the same seats from ebay, right:
$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

64osby

Admiral
That is the seat/back.

I was looking at making a ply panel with a bolster top, like a capital p P.

Then it could be used for leaning against when fishing or maybe even driving, if the seat ends up in the right place. Might need a slide for that.

64osby

Admiral
Dorm fridge hater :lol:

You can't beat those 3 cyl 70 Johnnyrudes, good power, reliable and sip the gas.

Just need a cooler, not a Dorm Fridge.:D

Have only run the 90 hp on the Mariner (only big motor), looking forward to seeing how this 70 runs.

Have read many good things and hope they are true. :joyous:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
I've been keeping my eye out for one of those 70's for my Sea Nymph but haven't found one for a fair price yet. My buddy has one on his 16' Smokercraft and it is a strong runner.

64osby

Admiral
Inquiring minds want to know....

What might this be for?
IMAG04881.jpg

There is one on each side of the bow,

Hard to see in this pic, but it is near the chipped paint on the rub rail.
IMAG04901.jpg

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Looking at Fiberglassics, I think the missing cleats were mounted right there.

jbcurt00

Staff member
4 holes for 1 cleat?

In the brochure pix you linked they look like typical 2 screw cleats, not 4....

Would someone have added a 2nd cleat just inside the 1st set? If so why?

Is that 'polished' oval of paint a wear mark just behind the upper left hole in your original 4 holes question post?

jbcurt00

Staff member
perhaps those holes are closer together then they look, and I should have said I think vintage LoneStar cleats are typically 2holes.......

64osby

Admiral
4 holes for 1 cleat?

In the brochure pix you linked they look like typical 2 screw cleats, not 4....

Would someone have added a 2nd cleat just inside the 1st set? If so why?

Is that 'polished' oval of paint a wear mark just behind the upper left hole in your original 4 holes question post?

Pretty sure I have some 4 hole cleats around here or did you steal them GA.:laugh:

The holes and plugs(?) should be original. Never seen any plugs like these before.

The polished area is the original paint. When there was a repaint don't think they scuffed it. The ugly top coat flakes off with a fingernail.

64osby

Admiral
No luck on the 4 hole cleats. The cleats off the donor are 4 hole but the hole pattern doesn't match. I also have a set of large cleats that are 2 post. Will have to see which ones will work best.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Do you think those plugs isolator plugs? Either for vibration or to prevent galvonic corrosion?

64osby

Admiral
jb - I'd say that's a good call for either. Most cleats I've seen have a rubber or plastic pad under them. Maybe these allowed water to drain and no rubbing or vibration.

This is the same area after some fingernail paint removal. No wear on the original paint, no corrosion.

IMAG04891.jpg

dozerII

Admiral
jb - I'd say that's a good call for either. Most cleats I've seen have a rubber or plastic pad under them. Maybe these allowed water to drain and no rubbing or vibration.

This is the same area after some fingernail paint removal. No wear on the original paint, no corrosion.

Do you have some measurements 64 I have quite a few cleats in the bin, there are some chrome ones with 4 bolts.