Kansas City PM38 Build [Splashed 2017]

pekstrom

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks for all the kind words! I really enjoyed the few hours we spent on the lake, it made it all worth it. I haven't had a chance to take it back out yet, but hoping for good weather this weekend. I want to get it in the water atleast once more before the fall weather kicks in.

I need to figure out some options for either a rub rail or fenders, I noticed a few dings on the boat from rubbing on the dock bumpers. Part of the reason for the dings is the boat sits power in the water than the dock bumpers, as the boat moves it comes in contact with the bumper from below, catching the edge.

Scott

I use smallish fenders and some fender locks I found off of Amazon. They seem to work pretty well for me. Although I have the same problem, the boat sits lower than what the docks are designed for so I have had to touch up several spots. I spliced a rope onto my fenders so it forms a loop between the ends of the fender. I then placed two of those pegs from the locks on that loop and spaced the locks 2 feet apart along the side of the boat. That way I can hang the fenders horizontally between any two locks along the sides. I am also pondering a rub rail of some sort. It is on my winter project list.