johnson 35 hp sea horse

rolmops

Vice Admiral
Re: johnson 35 hp sea horse

You can use the the cheaper Seloc manual,the one that that is for 2 cylinder outboards ans deals with engines from 1956 and up to about 12 years younger.
You can get those for 30 dollars and less.

asdasc

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Hey, I take it that its safe to assume that if the motor would be from 1958, then the boat should have been made in 1958 as well. They wouldnt have but a brand new 1958 motor on a brand new 1960 boat, right. Pictures of the boat I have are leading me to believe that the boat was made in 1960. Did they do that back then.

Anything is possible, of course, but not likely. I would bet that your boat is also a 1958. Although I have heards lots of stories where people have gotten a new motor for an old boat, than a year or two later decided the old boat is a wreck and moved the motor onto a new boat.

Good luck with it, be kind to it those are good motors. Be sure and not turn it over dry, you need to spray or dump some oil into the cylinders thru the spark plug holes before you start turning it over. If it has sat that long, it WILL need new coils, condensors, plugs, points, a carb rebuild, and an impeller. This sounds daunting, but it is really easy once you have done it once. Some might even call it fun.

Go down to the Engine FAQ and read all you can about everything. When working on something, be sure and ask. They talked me through all my fears of breaking things, and I was surprised to find out how difficult it is to really mess something up and how easy it was to get it right. I have the next size motor down from you, but they were pretty similar. I love them.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Hey, I just got the parts manual for the rd-19c. If you want it, send me a PM with your email address.

freddyray21

Commander

compression at 90 lbs will let it run, but it should be north of 100 all of mine are.