Is this for real on unemployment

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Is this for real on unemployment

Sorry not buying that,I have had to reinvent my business model a couple of times this year and we are just as busy as we ever had been,according to that map we should all be starving to death

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ej thats why I asked. Everybody in Ms. would already be dead by the time you starved in Ga.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

The "Good" news this morning was that ONLY 110,000 new unemployment claims last month.The numbers are fodder for the sheeple.The truth is that the CEOs are running out of people to lay off.

In My Opinion!!!!!!

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry not buying that,I have had to reinvent my business model a couple of times this year and we are just as busy as we ever had been,according to that map we should all be starving to death

You probably were able to remain solvent by picking up the business from smaller businesses that failed.

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

After looking at the map again I have come to the conclusion that who ever made that map lives in the midwest and is trying to attract more people to their states:eek:

eaglejim

Lieutenant Junior Grade

You probably were able to remain solvent by picking up the business from smaller businesses that failed.

No I am a small business,in the 80's we were a large small business, but not to many people say when they are a little kid "Mommy when I grow up I want to be a house painter" But you would be surprised how many people we have trained and they decided they were going to college to get their degree(I always tell them pick mine up too)and they been calling back to come paint with us after they spent all that money

WIMUSKY

Staff member

The "Good" news this morning was that ONLY 110,000 new unemployment claims last month.The numbers are fodder for the sheeple.The truth is that the CEOs are running out of people to lay off.

In My Opinion!!!!!!

I would have to agree.

The map doesn't show "we should all be starving to death", it shows most of the states have 7 -10% unemployment. Last I heard, the nation as a whole was running close to 10%. What's not to believe?

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Lessee...

The map is 3 years old.

"Full" employment is 5.5%.

Autotech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is why I ask!! After looking at that map our President came by in a Faculty meeting and ask all Faculty members to donate 1% of our salary for the next 3 years so the Development foundation can raise 10 million dollars to build new buildings for the Nursing program Building and Athletic program Building as well as a new Wellness center. All that?s fine with me buuutttt our Gov. needs to cut 175 million out of the next physical year budget. The scuttlebutt and News say he his talking about cutting Community College Budgets 20% plus eliminating budgets for Athletics as well as Satellite campuses and a number of other Programs within the CC world. We ?The faculty? has only received a 10% raise over the past 6 years. No raises for the last 2 years .For you Accountants that?s about 10 to 20 bucks a month depending on the years of service. I am just trying to understand the reasoning behind this notion of building in the middle of a recession. With more budget cuts on the table. Any CEO's out there that can give me hint on what he is thinking. I have enough years to retire and am seriously thinking about opening up a can of whoop-*****.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Lessee...

The map is 3 years old.

"Full" employment is 5.5%.

Actually, if you hit the little "play" arrow in the center of the map, it brings you up to OCT 2009. You mean you missed the cool changing graphics??

BWR1953

Vice Admiral

Actually, if you hit the little "play" arrow in the center of the map, it brings you up to OCT 2009. You mean you missed the cool changing graphics??
I did indeed! (Time to update the bifocals, I reckon!) :D

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer

In My Opinion!!!!!!

AAHHH....but just remember October and November at the months all the Temp holiday help is hired. Wait until Janaury, I'm betting unemployment is on the again.

My .02

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I'm a visual person and that certainly summarizes this disaster quite nicely for me. It'd be great to see a map like that for a ton of different items, like foreclosures, bankruptcies, # of births, # of deaths, average household income, etc. What a great way to see trends as they happen and plan accordingly! Heck, I'm tempted to build a site which does exactly that, as what a wonderful teaching tool!

We are all born ignorant. Unfortunately, some stay stupid all there life!!

Darren, I can't tell if you are being funny or if it is an honest mistake, but 'there' should be 'their' and 'life' should be 'lives' :redface:

skargo

Banned

Just because your business is doing well, doesn't mean all are. We own a business that absolutely thrives on recession, and we have set some sales records here of late. I consider my wife and I very fortunate to own such a business, combined with our responsible fiscal health, we are doing fine.
But I am not so naive to think that others are in bad shape, it's a fact.

And why should we all be starving to death when the map shows 7-10% unemployed? Conversely, it shows that 90-93% ARE employed :)

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

And why should we all be starving to death when the map shows 7-10% unemployed? Conversely, it shows that 90-93% ARE employed :)

The unemployment numbers are based on people that are drawing compensation.There are those who are no longer eligible for compensation that are doing what??? Selling everything of ANY value and/or ???What's next???Welfare???Crime???

WIMUSKY

Staff member

AAHHH....but just remember October and November at the months all the Temp holiday help is hired. Wait until Janaury, I'm betting unemployment is on the again.

My .02

That's probably why I saw on the news this a.m. that unemployment is "down to" 10%. The recession must be over......:rolleyes:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Those graphs not for unemployment stats, thats the flu spreading.

skargo

Banned

The unemployment numbers are based on people that are drawing compensation.There are those who are no longer eligible for compensation that are doing what??? Selling everything of ANY value and/or ???What's next???Welfare???Crime???

Who knows? :confused:

cgd7777777

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most of those people wouldn't work anyway just sit around and wait for a welfare check!
around here they are getting free houses built for them (real house concrete slab hardy plank) for never trying their entire life just wanting a hand out and expect US to take care of their every need

That's just what i feel and see
so if we want to continue going down hill just keep giving our money away to lazy folks