Why Iranians Take Hostages

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class
I got this sent to me...and it makes sense ..a real interesting read...a bit long but it was fwded to me from the article from american congressfortruth.com...now if some after reading this STILL think iraq was a mistake...then there's no hope.....but the silent majority had better start standing up!!!...

Dear James,

http://www.expertclick.com/NewsReleaseWire/default.cfm?Action=ReleaseDetail&ID=16030

By Alan Caruba

I often fear that the vast ignorance of Americans and others around the world concerning the history of Islam condemns them to be pawns in the hands of the Iranians and other Muslim leaders who reflect why Islam came to be and how it has conducted itself since the death of its founder.

The recent "incident" in which 15 British sailors were taken hostage by the Iranians (and you can substitute any radical Islamic group such as Hamas, Hezbollah, or al Qaeda committing other similar acts) and the subsequent "diplomatic" effort totally ignores the fact that these same Iranians took American diplomats hostage in 1979. Our subsequent failure to mete out a severe military retribution has brought us to the current prospect of a nuclear-armed Iran.

You may have noticed that, every time the United States leaves a war unfinished, we end up having to deal with the same bad people whether they are the North Koreans, the Iranians, or, in the case of Iraq, the return in 2003 after the botched victory in 1991. The only purpose of war is to leave one's enemies utterly without the will to repeat their bad behavior. By contrast, we have excellent relations with Japan and Germany.

It should be noted, too, that the Iranians have shown absolutely no regard for the Geneva Convention, having paraded their hostages on television and forced them to make false statements under threat of death. The loudest voices about the proper adherence to the Convention have, of course, been raised against the United States.

The powerful hold that Islam has on the minds and hearts of Middle Eastern Muslims is deeply rooted in its very beginnings. This "religion" that Mohammed invented had as its purpose a justification for looting other towns and tribes in the name of Allah. Thievery, banditry, the sale of slaves, the imposition of taxes and tribute, were all set in place when in March 623 Muhammed said, "I was ordered to fight all men until they say 'There is no god but Allah.'"

Islam, which translates "submission", is all about war, the division of the booty that results, and the subjugation of those who are conquered. This explains why, alone among the three major monotheistic religions, Islam has produced absolutely nothing that one can call progress.

Centuries later, in November 2001 Osama bin Laden announced "I was ordered to fight the people until they say there is no god but Allah, and his prophet Muhammed." Not a single new idea has issued forth from Islam since its founding.

Islam divides the world between itself and what it calls "the world of war" by which it means all others who are not Muslims. The entire early history of Islam under Muhammed was one of looting and pillage as, one by one, those who responded to his banner, calling him a prophet, realized that there were profits to be had in conquering those around them.

On Mohammed's death, Islam almost immediately divided into warring parties over who would inherit his mantle as caliph. The Sunnis and the Shiites are still fighting one another over that. Islam is one long history of war, treachery and deceit.

In his book, "Islamic Imperialism: A History", Efraim Karsh relates a story of the struggle between the Abbasids and the declining Umayyads, two Muslim dynasties in 883 AD. The leader of the Abbasids, Abul Abbas, called himself "the bloodshedder." Karsh relates:

"In an attempt to prevent any backlash from supporters of the fallen dynasty, the Abbasids embarked on a murderous spree. In Mecca and Medina scores of Umayyads were rounded up and murdered in detention. In the Iraqi garrison town of Wasit the governor laid down his weapons in return for a personal guarantee of safe conduct by the caliph, only to be treacherously murdered. In Palestine, the newly appointed governor of Syria invited a group of eighty prominent Umayyads to a banquet, slaughtered them all, then sat calmly among the corpses to finish his meal."

In the aftermath of the 1991 defeat of the Iraqis who were driven from Kuwait by a coalition led by American forces, Saddam's generals met in Safwan to accept surrender terms. What they got was a promise of U.S. withdrawal and the right to use their helicopters for "transportation." What they did was use those helicopters as gun ships to slaughter thousands of Shiites and Kurds who showed any inclination to resist the further rule of Saddam Hussein. The result of that miscalculation were "no-fly zones" over two thirds of Iraq that were maintained for twelve years until the second invasion in March 2003.

Today, as the U.S. media puts the various battles between Shiites and Sunnis on the front pages, Americans wonder why are these two Muslim groups are blowing up each other's mosques? Why are they murdering each other? Why are Iraq's neighbors, Iran and Syria, maneuvering to secure whatever they can gain from the effort to (1) rid Iraq of the American-led coalition forces and (2) pick up the spoils of a divided and easily conquered Iraqi nation?

An easy reading of Islamic history and a common sense response to today's events tell us that the Iranians will continue to probe for weakness among its enemies, the Americans, the British, the other members of the European Union, and of course, those Gulf nations who will have to confront an nuclear armed Iran if they are permitted to continue. Any failure to respond to their outrages will earn their contempt and further rumblings of war.

"We will continue to export our revolution throughout the world.until the calls 'there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah' are echoed all over the world." Iran's Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 1979.

Want to hear the call to prayer in your neighborhood? All we have to do is leave Iraq.

Gabby

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Why Iranians Take Hostages

Excellent article. I can't wait to see how some of our liberal brethren view this.

steve201

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gabby...yep..it might get ugly....

rmmpe

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'd contribute my part but it surely would be censored.

So, I'll paraphrase an excellent quote;

"Judging them is God's work. My job is to arrange the meeting".

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Quote:

It should be noted, too, that the Iranians have shown absolutely no regard for the Geneva Convention, having paraded their hostages on television and forced them to make false statements under threat of death. The loudest voices about the proper adherence to the Convention have, of course, been raised against the United States. (This has to be at least the third time I have raised this point, yet silence rules the day)

This entire read will offend all liberals and their "I'm OK you are OK" vision of life. Yet their solution is of couse to change everyone but the Muslims. I still cannot justify their hatred of Christianity and seemingly blind cowardise towards a religion that not only wants to kill them, but do it in the most gruesome of ways.

Now be prepared to hear attacks on the author of the article.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

So what do the Libs do in response? In the highest circles of the Democrat party, they have disallowed the use of the phrase 'War on Terror'. They not only dispense the Kool-aid for their rank and file followers, they chug it down themselves.

Soon enough, in America, we will be installing public toilets in the 'proper' orientation. And the PW's, the CJY's, the BluLunch's, the WillyBWright's and the rolmop's will come out in defense of it.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I see that my ultra conservative brethren have found another version of: "why the moslems hate us and why we should destroy them".
I hope you realize that if it was that simple,the problem would have been solved centuries ago,using the means which you promote.
In reality things are not that simple or black and white,but I fear that this might be lost on people who have chosen to only detect two colors.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Rolmops will now describe for us a grey suicide bomber. I'll make it easier, how about a grey muslim leader. How about a grey muslim cabbie.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

rolmops said:
I hope you realize that if it was that simple,the problem would have been solved centuries ago,using the means which you promote.

We had nukes centuries ago?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

steve201 said:
I got this sent to me...and it makes sense ..a real interesting read...a bit long but it was fwded to me from the article from american congressfortruth.com...now if some after reading this STILL think iraq was a mistake...then there's no hope.....but the silent majority had better start standing up!!!...

The term,the silent majority,is always used by those who are not in power but try to give their opinions extra weight by claiming that they are the real representatives of the people.
Unless you are a complete super natural mind reader,do not claim this so called silent majority to exist or to be on your or anybody's side

PW2

Commander

Articles like this, while good at inciting hatred, do nothing to further anything useful.

It doesn't take much research to come up with barbarous behavior on either side of this issue. We are simply not going to eliminate the Muslim religion off the face of the earth thru any sort of military action short of nuclear holocaust, and I'm hoping that is not what you are suggesting.

As far as Iran goes, I am by no means a Iranian expert, but everything I have read suggests to me that Iran, Ahkmandinojad (sp?) notwithstanding, is the closest thing we have in the middle east to a democracy, and the Iranian people, as a whole, are not stupid.

There must be ways, thru front or back channels, with skilled and creative diplomatic efforts, to reach the average citizen of Iran while ignoring some of their blusterous leaders.

Sure it will be hard, and take a long time perhaps, and be full of ups and downs but my take on the Iranian people is that we do share some common human interests and goals. We simply don't have the resources, or the will, to approach this any other way.

Every empire throughout history has fallen when they tried to extend themselves too far, just as the Romans and the British did.

Military action, unless as a last resort, is just like fire to a kiln--it'll work to set in place everything as it is.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

rolmops said:
I see that my ultra conservative brethren have found another version of: "why the moslems hate us and why we should destroy them".
In reality things are not that simple or black and white,but I fear that this might be lost on people who have chosen to only detect two colors.

Let's see, am I supposed to install this toilet facing east or west? :|

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

PW2 said:
Sure it will be hard, and take a long time perhaps....
I think we've been trying that for 25 years. How much longer you want to wait?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

POINTER94 said:
Rolmops will now describe for us a grey suicide bomber. I'll make it easier, how about a grey muslim leader. How about a grey muslim cabbie.

Did you know that the president of India is a moslem?Did you know that so far we have not seen even one indian moslem suicide bomber?

Make no mistake,I have little reason to love moslems and plenty of reasons to hate them,but grey is one of many colors.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Boomyal said:
So what do the Libs do in response? In the highest circles of the Democrat party, they have disallowed the use of the phrase 'War on Terror'. They not only dispense the Kool-aid for their rank and file followers, they chug it down themselves.

Soon enough, in America, we will be installing public toilets in the 'proper' orientation. And the PW's, the CJY's, the BluLunch's, the WillyBWright's and the rolmop's will come out in defense of it.

Funny, and so many of you are the same ones wanting to bring a democracy to Iraq through war? You somehow claim it will make a difference. So many of you claim Muslims as the enemy, yet support a war in an effort to rebuild them. What? How can that be? They are the enemy, are they not? Are you trying to tell me, Muslims, and the "Religion O' Peace," can be converted to the non-killing, peaceful type if Iraq becomes a democracy?

Either you believe they are the enemy, or you do not. You cannot have it both ways as hard as you may try. This is nothing short of hypocrisy in an effort to continue war.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

POINTER94 said:

Grey, as in the Muslims W and the rest of you kool-aid drinkers are attempting to rebuild in Iraq? I guess kool-aid comes in flavors to suit both sides of the fence.

QC

Supreme Mariner

rolmops said:
In reality things are not that simple or black and white
While this may be true, I think it is primarily used as a justification for inaction. Kidnapping is black and white, lying is black and white, murder is black and white. Maybe the motivation for this behavior is not as clear, but so what? Isn't it the behavior we should be concerned with? What is more important? Understanding why the Nazis were murdering Jews or stopping them?

More general:

Every time I read one of these articles the Crusades are swirling around in the back of my head, but not for the reasons you all may think. I am very uncomfortable with condemning Islam, in fact I simply don't like it, and I have even defended Islam here on DC. Some use it as an excuse for Genocide. Others use it as an opportunity to condemn all religions. But I have to say I am conflicted. I have listened to an interview with Thomas Madden, professor and chair of the Department of History at Saint Louis University and author of The New Concise History of the Crusades. Interestingly enough, he claims that the Crusades were actually a defensive reaction to years of Islamic aggression, not the opposite as we have all been lead to believe. Take a listen if you have interest. I am simply interested in knowing the truth . . .

Crusades Interview thing

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

QC said:
rolmops said:
While this may be true, I think it is primarily used as a justification for inaction. Kidnapping is black and white, lying is black and white, murder is black and white. Maybe the motivation for this behavior is not as clear, but so what? Isn't it the behavior we should be concerned with? What is more important? Understanding why the Nazis were murdering Jews or stopping them?

More general:

Every time I read one of these articles the Crusades are swirling around in the back of my head, but not for the reasons you all may think. I am very uncomfortable with condemning Islam, in fact I simply don't like it, and I have even defended Islam here on DC. Some use it as an excuse for Genocide. Others use it as an opportunity to condemn all religions. But I have to say I am conflicted. I have listened to an interview with Thomas Madden, professor and chair of the Department of History at Saint Louis University and author of The New Concise History of the Crusades. Interestingly enough, he claims that the Crusades were actually a defensive reaction to years of Islamic aggression, not the opposite as we have all been lead to believe. Take a listen if you have interest. I am simply interested in knowing the truth . . .

Crusades Interview thing

I'll be interested in your link QC, but gotta go make some bread to spend on the BeachCraft.

As for the Crusades being defensive, I think all one needs to do is to look at the historical Islamic expansion in that period. IMHO, the Crusaders were just being pre-emptive.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

QC said:
rolmops said:

More general:

Crusades Interview thing

QC, I agree with you on this one, believe it or not. The point you made in your first paragraph regarding black, white and grey is precisely the point I was making.

I see Boom, the accusation and rhetoric expert did not touch any sort of an explanation regarding the kill em all on one hand speech while rebuild them on the other. Sounds a bit grey to me.