"I had a dream........."

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: "I had a dream........."

roscoe, never forget the bottle of Gentleman Jack!<br />Aids in warming the organs.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

ROTFLMAO at Roscoe! :) <br />a hole(in the water) you put money into.

KennyKenCan

Commander

14.5 FT boat???<br /><br />Where do you use that, in the mudpuddles in front of your house? :D LoL

SoulWinner

Commander

I have two questions:<br /><br />Have you recently quit drinking?<br /><br />Have you started using a nicotine patch and wear it at night?<br /><br />These sound like "lucid dreams", and I think you should write them down in every detail. Either of the two things I mentioned above can cause the onset lucid dreaming.

Knightgang

Lieutenant

Not going to touch this one, sounds to wierd.<br /><br />Although, using this dream to get a newer, bigger boat and truck is not a bad idea. Maybe I should try this with my wife.

Link

Rear Admiral

Wow we could take this to a new level of paranormal! (sp) :) <br /><br />Grant1973<br />My friend Bob actually does sign all emails Boob<br /><br />Oh and that was a nice jester to leave your keys and tackle box! :D <br /><br />SoulWinner<br />I ALMOST mentioned Lucid Dreaming ! But was just having fun keeping it light :) I had actually pulled the book so I could properly spell Paul and Charla Devereuys name correct

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I can't wait te hear what counselor castawayRay has to say about this.<br /><br />Where is he anyway?<br />I haven't seen that red truck in a couple days.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Was not a dream, it was them ailens again.<br /><br />As far as the boat size, get some boatagra and it will fix it in no time.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

anyone ever have flying dreams--like where ya can fly all on your own?<br />Very very cool dreams--- :D

oddjob

Commander

Yea Pat when I was a kid. :) My father was a flight instructor/A&E and he would take me sometimes. Naturaly, flying in my dreams was a given. I didnt fly like a airplane though..I had to flap my arms. :D ..always took awhile to get up...especially when the bad guys were chasing me :eek: <br /><br />Now that I growed up, :rolleyes: I've lost my wings...maybe because I dont (or cant) run from the bad guys anymore...anything is possible in a dream if you realize that your dreaming.. it can be a lot of fun. ;)

SoulWinner

Commander

Link, check out this link (uhhh...he he):<br /><br /> http://brain.web-us.com/lucid/luciddreamingFAQ.htm#What is Lucid Dreaming <br /><br />I experience lucid dreams more than anyone I know, and more than any statistical average that I have seen. Lucid dreaming gernerally will not occur for someone who is stressed or experienceing a periode in thier life when they feel like they are losing control of thier life.<br /><br />One of the fun things that you can do while experiencing a lucid dream is to take control of the dream and shape the future of the dream, as well as what is going on at the time. In my lucid dreams I walk and run on the water, and fly. I can fly in either a cross legged sitting position or like Superman.<br /><br />One interesting thing about the dreams discussed here is the point in which Grants boat is the size of a shoe box. Here he picks it up. Naturally he could never pick up his boat in real life, does this mean that he subconsciously feels ultimatly confident and in control of the boat?<br /><br />He never mentioned permanent damage to the boat (other than it's size change), he managed to keep the boat balanced on the way down the hill, and when the boat flipped into the water there were no injuries or damage. Maybe this is a subconscious reaization of the dangers associated with boating, but he has an underlying feeling of confidence regarding boating.<br /><br />I dunno :rolleyes: But I do think that it can be usefull to write down what happens in dreams we remember after waking up, especially lucid dreams. Sometimes latter on you can read what you dremt and look back on it, and it will relate to something that was going on at the time.<br /><br />Check out the URL. It is a good for the subject and I generally agree with the info published there. There is a lot of info regarding this topic on the web, but a lot of it is bunk IMHO.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

My take on it is simple.<br /><br />His life is tumbling out of control. and his ....umm...... boat is too small.

Link

Rear Admiral

Thanks for answering SW<br />First I wanted to address Pat and oddjob <br /><br />Pat Campbell <br />"anyone ever have flying dreams--like where ya can fly all on your own?<br />Very very cool dreams"<br /><br />oddjob<br />"..always took awhile to get up...especially when the bad guys were chasing me" <br />-------------------------------------<br />First of all until about 3 years ago I didn't know there was even a name for these dreams. And I figured everyone had them. Then I came accross a talk show where a guy was selling his book and giving classes on how to do them. Turns out there are tens of thousands of people who have never had what they call a Lucid dream. <br />-----------------------------<br />Yea very very cool dreams indeed Pat and oddjob did ya ever notice that when there weren't bad guys chasing you that you could just take off and soar! Pretty cool<br /><br />Poor Roscoe! I can picture him just shaking his head thinking these boys have gone off the deep end. :) Your right Roscoe simple is better but when I read this post the first thing that came to mind was... (Lucid Dream) If you don't like the way the dream is going.. Change it! As a kid I learned how to take a nightmare and turn it around.<br />OK I'll go back to my padded room now :)

Link

Rear Admiral

SoulWinner<br />Yes you took my name in vain again.. pun-intended.. :) Tomorow night when I get home I will read the post again and respond.<br /><br />Link

Carphunter

Commander

Man, you all have cool dreams.<br /><br />I usually dream that i'm a talking rock, or i'm a walking stick, or i'm talking to a talking rock while i'm a walking stick, or i'm walking with a talking walking stick, or i'm watching a talking rock talking to a talking walking stick. <br /><br />I do not dream about the talking rock walking though,...............which is a good sign.<br /><br />Seems like I dream about missing that big buck more than anything. :(

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I dream in color too. Some dreams I can sorta control--is like I'm building the plot or story as I go. Amazing how detailed and or bizarre some are. <br />Most never involve violence unless nature of dream is frustration based-like belting a bad guy ina mouth due to antagionization. Sometimes riding a mo-cycle and just can't make a turn, wake up upset. That is the nature of a frustration dream.<br />Flying or floating dreams are best-pleasant. Sometimes r or x rated can be very unusual. :D

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Grant....I will study your dream for it's true meaning. In the mean time, take one bottle of Jack Daniels and call me in the morning if possible.

RICKRICK1

Ensign

Ya'll got good dreams.. :D <br />IMine is Herself chasing me and Hollerin <br />WIFE FIRST BOAT SECOND :rolleyes:

ebbtide176

Commander

yeah grant, i think you're just having worries about getting that first skeg bite<br /><br />and how you really would like to upgrade the boat asap<br /><br />but basically you're in control and providing the safety checklist in your sleep, to avoid any unmanly weakness/ emotions during the actual boating time ;) you go man