"I had a dream........."

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Okay....someone tell me if this is normal.<br />My wife and I bought a bought in the middle of last Sept. We took this boat with us on our 2nd annual Snake River camping trip at the months end. Everything was great! In early Oct. we took the boat out locally to go fishing a few more times before fall really set in. Every since I packed the boat away for winter I have been having odd dreams involving my boat.<br /><br />The 1st one I had was this: We were back at the Snake River again with lots of friends....I pulled up to the shore at camp, tied off and got out. When I looked back the boat was in the water up to the windshield....no plugs! When I jumped into the water to save my boat it was only the size of a shoe box. I carried it back to the lot and tried to figure out how to make it full size again. <br /><br />Another dream was this: I was camped on top of a huge hill looking down on a lake. the boat was still trailered and I was doing some kind of check list thing while standing near the bow of the boat . When I walked to the back of the boat, the tongue of the trailer came of the ground and away I went. <br />I was ripping down this hill towards the lake. The whole time I was worried about the tongue catching a rock and flipping the boat end over end. so I kept at the stern trying to balance it all out. But the motor kept dragging the ground so I moved fowards then back then forwards. Again and Again this went on. As The boat and I (trailer included) reached the lake, the tongue caught the soft bottom of the lake shore and the acrobatics started. The trailer and I were thrown away from the boat. The boat was upsaide down in about 12 inches of water. I went over and asked...NO KIDDING...Clay Aiken, who was standing off shore, to help be right my vessel. He did and I picked up the motor (outboard) that had been flung free, drained it and put it back on, turned the key and powered away.<br /><br />WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN? :confused: :p

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re: "I had a dream........."

1) Make sure you have plenty of insurance.<br /><br />2) How big is this boat and have you owned one b4?<br /><br />3) Have you told your wife about these dreams?<br /><br />4) Seek immediate counseling for any dream involving Clay Aiken....

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Too deep for me :eek: ...Should be interesting though as everyone here always give A1 advice.<br />Common fellows this man needs your help!!! SOON. :rolleyes:

KennyKenCan

Commander

:D It means that you should lay off of those magical mushrooms. :D <br /><br /> :rolleyes: Now we can't have you cruising our forum in a purple haze! :p <br /><br /> :eek: Also, stop smokin that local grass, and get some of the good imported stuff. :) <br /><br />I don't know what else to tell ya, but these weird dreams better not be contagious, or your going to make this thread extremly strange!<br /><br />Funny post though!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

very funny! LOL<br />only cure is to get the boat out on the water<br />again. don't forget the plug :p

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey! Thanks for the support in this matter....I have also been told to watch what I eat before I go to sleep.<br /><br />This is my first boat - 14.5 feet 35hp....This is my <br />boat with training wheels :) <br /><br />1965 Hydroswift<br /><br />I sure love the lil' fella :p

rwise

Captain

Grant1973<br />sounds to me like you really want a Bigger boat and new truck to pull it with!<br />Richard

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

That will always be a given....well atleast the new truck part ;) haha

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

It had to be a dream. Clay Aiken couldn't roll over a canoe with a trolling motor, on dry land.

Carphunter

Commander

...........I don't know but, I like long walks on the beach,......and cheese whiz.

oddjob

Commander

It is normal. <br /><br />Sometimes when my dreams aint going right..I tell the dream makers "to h3ll with this" and I wake myself up..then start over till we get it right. ;) <br /><br />Tell me Grant did you have a happy childhood. :cool: <br /><br />Seriously, If you want things to get really interesting try a couple of slices of peperoni pizza before you go to bed. :eek: <br /><br />Anyway its better than going to work/school in your underware! :D

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

now that you mention it... I just remembered a<br />strange dream myself. a swarm of ladybugs were<br />gathering under my boat and it started flying<br />away... weird part is they were all wearing these<br />funky white go-go boots :confused:

Link

Rear Admiral

Whoa! Someones been listening to a little too much Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell and George Norey! Also Remember the X Files on TV are for entertainment only! <br /><br />But having said that since you are a fellow IBOATER, I put in a call to my friend Father Doctor Bob. I know he is a real friend because he always lets me lay on his couch when I visit him at his work place. And we always have the most instresting conversations. He really cares.<br /><br />When I told him about your Dilemma, he put an envelope to his forehead and just sat there for a minute. Then he knew excactly what the problem was/is and how to correct it.<br /><br />He stressed that it is NOT your fault! You are the Victom here! It's "the boat" It's Wicked and Evil ! It lays in wait, thinking of ways to harm you! But it only has "real power" when on or near the water, so it trys to invade your dreams when just sitting on dry land. <br /><br />The All Knowing Father Doctor Bob gave me these instructions for you.<br /><br />Don't Fall Asleep!<br />When you get home hook up "that wicked" boat and head north on interstate 5. When you get near the border you will see (what he thought) was a Expo Center to the far left, keep going..then you will be comming up to a big Bridge over what he saw as the "Clombus?) River..Don't cross it! Take the last right hand exit at Jansen Beach and go under the bridge! Then take the very next left hand turn and go about a 1/2 mile or so and you will see a Lennys or Dennys cafe on the left again (He wasnt sure which) He said to back the boat into the parking lot on the west side of the cafe. Unhook it and leave. Your troubles will be over and no more bad dreams, and you will no longer be in harms way! <br />The last part I really didn't understand but I trust Father Doctor Bob. He said to be sure you left and signed the titles for the boat and trailer and put my "iboat user name" on them ???<br /><br />"The Truth is out There"<br /><br />Link <------ user name hint :) <br /><br />PS Good Post :D :D :D :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Here is what it means.<br /><br />Boats are vehicles that you normally should have control over. They're not like a plane or train, where someone with years of training and education is in control of. Boats are normal vehicles that you should be able to drive yourself, that you could use every day if life allowed.<br /><br />For that reason, a boat or car very much represents your life in a dream. It represents your normal day to day activities, the way that your life is progressing.<br /><br />It means that you feel your life has gotten out of control. You feel someone else is forcing you to make decisions you don't want to make, that you don't feel in control of something you SHOULD be in control of. You need to realize that your life IS your life and that if you allow someone else to steer your path, that is a decision you are making. Only you can best decide what is best for yourself. If you're unhappy with your path, make yourself a new path! Never let someone else railroad you into a decision you disagree with. Find a way to take control of your own life.<br /><br />On the other hand, it may be time to send in the white coats .
ouch.gif

aspeck

Staff member

The fact that the boat is the size of a shoebox definitely is a sign of size anxiety. You must get a bigger boat to relieve this stressful situation.<br /><br />The dream where you and the boat are "freewheeling" down the mountian is demonstation of the freedom that you feel while boating. However, you worry about the effects that boating will have on you, and you also worry about your boat. You desire more freedom from the world (more time on your boat). However, the fact that you can lift up your engine and put it on your boat is a sure sign that your Johnson is not big enough. You need a bigger engine! More speed, more power. Yes, it works, but more is needed.<br /><br />So, you see, the only way to resolve these dreams are to get a bigger boat, a new truck to tow it with, a bigger engine, and then take more time off of work to enjoy your new toys. Anything less than this and you are resigned to more and more dreams of a stranger nature.<br /><br />Oh, and stay off the "garbage" pizza (one with everything on it) late at night.

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

HAHA Link. I will do that tonight. I need to get some shopping for Christmas done anyway....Might as well hit the mall and *Bucks.<br /><br />This Dr. BOOB...i meant Bob sounds pretty wise.<br /><br />Should I leave the key and the trailer hitch as well?<br />What about the anchor and all the lines? <br />Did he say anything about my tackle?

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ladyfish, that is a little too creepy to expand on.<br /><br />in some aspects, Nail on the head.....right on target

grant1973

Petty Officer 3rd Class

aspeck, that all sounds good and i will take that advice...now about my Johnson, should i maybe try to enhanced it's girth with a pill...I dunno, maybe like the ones I keep getting E-mails about??<br /><br />(edited by Mod4)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I had a dream too.<br />She was beautiful.<br />Big....twins.<br />Long graceful...lines.<br />Warm and cozy....cabin.<br />And a bottom..... that was coated with fresh bottom paint.<br /><br />Then I saw the price tag, $114,000. <br /><br />I'll settle for:<br />2 oars<br />long anchor ropes,<br />a warm jacket,<br />and a bottom that doesn't leak.