Not open for further replies.

zach103

Commander
Re: HUGE PROJECT!! 30' Scarab Sport overhual

me.. im hoping hes just taking a long time to upload all the photos

wanttofly

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Figured it went either really well or really bad. Really curious to find out what the top speed was.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm sure it went well. He seems to post most often on weekday afternoons.

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

OK! I am alive, and YES it is still floating,

Heres the shake down, we put it in Saturday night and we tinkered on it yesterday and i have photos, and video of the launch. Tomorrow i will take a commentary video going threw the entire boat for everyone! Now of course i have a huge write up to explain to everyone how it ran, but we are super busy at work and i dont have time right now to do a good write up, maybe after lunch......either way, i dont have the video camera with me right now so i cant upload the photos and video until later.

I can say this much, the one motor is a little quicker than the other (just need to do a throttle cable adjustment) and my top end was only about 48, so im not sure if i need different props or what. we had 150 gal of fuel and 4 people on board for the launch. The bracket is hard to tell if it is right or wrong, i will explain later and get your opinions, Thanks for following this little thread everyone!

Off-Peak

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Awesome... Just Awesome!!! Looking forward to the pics!!!

jserb

Chief Petty Officer
Read Before Pics to know whats going on!

Read Before Pics to know whats going on!

Ok, well no photo?s tonight?.but I will now take the time to give you a good idea how our Saturday went. Then tomorrow sometime I will post photo?s and the video.

So we did a late night on Friday (2AM) and then got back at it Saturday morning at 9AM, we mounted the gas tank hatch, CC, throttles, steering, and mics wiring. Honestly the boat really came together in those two sessions, if you saw it just a day before, you wouldn?t recognize the boat, we went to town on it. Even got a lot done on the cuddy!! So they were very important days!
By the time we were done, and I couldn?t procrastinate anymore it was 6 PM, so we got the truck and drove to the weight station to weigh her. It was 7080 lbs with the trailer, now I didn?t go back and measure the trailer but it was a 26ft steel tri axal so I am estimating around 1200 lbs, but I looked at it and said by the time I fill it up with gas and put it in the water itll be +1000lbs so I estimate the boat does truly weigh around 7080 fully loaded?
So by the time we got to the ramp it was about 730 ( we had to stop and fill her up with gas, only 300 bucks worth). We took her to the ramp and THIS IS WHERE THE PHOTOS AND VIDEO BEGIN! I gotta tell all of you, I was SO NERVOUS, there are 4 holes in the hull, and as it slowly lowered into the water I cant tell you how much I prayed that there would be no ?drip, drip drip? coming from any of them. I know its not going to sink the boat, but MAN what a bummer to know I would have to pull it out and work on it some more!!! BUT THAT WASN?T THE CASE! She slowly went it (keep in mind it was sitting on a 26ft trailer so we took her REAL slow not knowing how she was going to come off). Off she went, right into the lake and man did she looooook sweeeeeeet! Everyone at the docks were looking and complements were flying! So now it was time to fire it up, and engine No. 1 VRRRRUUUUMMMM!!!!!! Engin No. 2 VRUMMMMMM, sputter sputter clunk!. No. 2 had a check engine light! WHA?!?!?!?!?! It was the water fuel separator. To make a long explanation short we knew where this water came from, the tank had about ? of an inch of water in it but we didn?t know until AFTER the motors had already self primed themselves. (this was all days ago before we filled her up). So all of course we brought every tool with us EXCEPT a hoes wrench?..so we called up a friend and waited for about 45 mins for him to arrive. Yeah if your following the time its like 830 845 G E T T I N G D A R K!!! After dumping out the filter we were back in business, and this is where the second video picks up, with me driving this thing for the first time scared as hell!!! I didn?t know if the bracket was the right height, I didn?t know if I had any leaks, it was basically dark and I didn?t wanna hit a log, and frankly I never saw the thing float and didn?t even know how well it floated!!!! Pretty much OOP?s hit it opn the head, I was a nervous wreck! Now to add to the suspense, the way home just so happened to be threw about 2 miles of fishermen, and delayed the one thing I have wanted to do the last 9 months! PUNCH IT!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

Finally we got beyond the fishermen, and it was time, after a quick prayer, annndd off we went, 2500rpms, 2800rpms, 3000rpms (coming out of the hole) 3200 going? 3600? going??4000?gone??????????????. and we were off! Immediately I noticed that the one motor was faster than the other, so (an adjustment in the throttle linkage needs to be made so they will be in unison). After getting used to the throttles not being level with each other I trimmed up and we got another 10 miles an hour out of her?..and once getting more comfortable??I opened her up?? 5800 RPM @ 53mph! vrummmmmmm! Now I had 4 people on her, and a full tank, I was happy with that, especially cuz up until that point this entire project was calculated here on this web site and I had no idea what was going to happen, with a few changes in the props I feel confident I can get her at least another 7 to 8 miles per hour, and that?s all we need boys!!!

Needless to say, we broke out the champagne and all took a few hits and christened the motors and bow! We got to our dock around 11:30 after a few very fast runs in the dark?..( I know people say you cant do that, but hey, if I would listen to everyone this thing wouldn?t be in the water!) And that?s all she wrote, unfortunately it was dark so photo time was not good, not to mention I wasn?t even thinking of all of you at the moment!!!! (sorry!!!) but tomorrow im ?supposed? to have a half day and I will take photos and video like promised and show you what we got! Thanks for everything I boaters, I couldn?t have done it without you, although this project is STILL far from over, I will end this chapter of the project and say ?shes in the water!?.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I would say for your initial run, with a totally unproven set up, you couldn't ask for a better result. Congrats!

PS - be sure to stop in the jserb happy birthday thread in dockside chat

zach103

Commander

YESS!!! im proud of you man

redfury

Commander

Awesome! You got yours wet, and I finally got to advancing on my boat finally! But, I do have to say one thing....

this thread is worthless without on the water video! :D

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

Saturday this is how the boat looked in the morning
May109001.jpg

May109006.jpg

Work on the cuddy:
May109002.jpg

May109003.jpg

Hooked up tot the truck at 530!
May109007.jpg

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

GOING IN THE WATERRRR
May109008.jpg

I DO HAVE VIEDO OF THIS I WILL POST LATER!!!!
May109009.jpg

May109010.jpg

May109011.jpg

May109012.jpg

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

shes floating!!!!
May109013.jpg

May109014.jpg

May109019.jpg

May109020.jpg

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

AHH yes....the wifey driving it for the first time....looks real confident.....
May109016.jpg

May109018.jpg

Marcus and Chris, all pumped up that the boats in the water....at this point of the night i dont even know if they realized they were on a boat.

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Ok we all know it floats......now lets see that rooster tail.:D

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

umm technical issues, i dont know how to break my video down into small chunks it says my video file is too large, sorry boys! No videos right now....

Off-Peak

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A man with a big boat cant be slowed down with small chunks of video.....
http://media-mobi.com is a VERY simple host site. Its instant, No sign up, no cost and your video will be on the web in a flash... Just upload to the site and BAM, you'll get a link to post here for all of your fans to see...!! I know you can do it!!!

The boat looks AWESOME!! Glad to see your wife right there along with you. I just showed my wife and we are very impressed!!! Well Done!!!

BigGene

Recruit

First off that boat looks like one bad motherfather sitting in the water..and as the video goes it might be easier to put it on youtube then just post the link..

Status
Not open for further replies.