How far would you drive??

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: How far would you drive??

Hey JB - Is that your new $400 Holiday? She doesn't look bad for four Benjies. I see a Merc on the back but I can't quite make out the power through the windshield.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Yes & no, it's my $350 Holiday & Merc 1150 both of unknown year:
5Ic5N25Ka3Gf3L83paca8eece0577891418_zps6cfd3867.jpg

And for the price of an extra round trip for gas, it came w/ a free 18' I/O glasser:
GEDC0413_zps3263e07d.jpg

The Merc flywheel will turn & it chugs, but I didn't get there until just before dark & spent the daylight making sure the trailer was ready for the drive back.

The Mercruiser 120 has seen better days, but I figure it's worth the gas to go back & get it.... The Admiral will NOT see it that way :facepalm:

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Nicely done! Great deals.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Well done! I can at least say I have an understanding wife when it comes to boats as she usually goes with me on the water, something about the rocking on the big water that she loves. When we went and looked over the Cheiftan she was very encouraging, I would point out all the work but she kept insisting it was worth it. Gotta love it.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Here's to all the wives that put up with us. Can you imagine if they let us off our leashes and let us run wild? Just imagine..................

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Here's to all the wives that put up with us. Can you imagine if they let us off our leashes and let us run wild? Just imagine..................

The Georgia Navy. :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

The Admiral already thinks I've got a really good start to ending up like this:
Norman_York_Estate_10_13_2012_.JPG

I told her that it'd be a good start.... All it needs a pole barn & a mule :)

tgp***

That looks about right.......

Tman18SS

Cadet

You guys are hilariuous. Ive never posted before but Ive been sandbagging for about 9 months. So I finally find my boat. Its a 18'ss. The only problem its spring and I'm a landscaper and its 780 miles away one way. So I had to pass. Right? Wrong. I made the drive there and back in a weekend in early june. Turns out the motor is in great shape as is the hull but everything else had to be stripped.

tgp***

Would you drive 1000 miles round trip for this at $1000 OBO.
5K75Hf5Md3G43K33J2ca74e6e38503e951fb9.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

Would you drive 1000 miles round trip for this at $1000 OBO...

I'll do about that total for the 2 I just grabbed :facepalm: Is that THE ONE boat ?

And not before seeing a bunch of currently date stamped pix :) Pix of the trailer tires too ;)

General appearance indicates the interior will be a wreck...

jbcurt00

Staff member

I'd mail him a check for $10 if i could stay home and NOT make the trip!!

That's funny, coming from the guy who's risking getting crushed under a free boat, jacking it up on a hillside, and who just ordered a new $575 axle set, and it's only 1 of the 2 :facepalm:

But the 1000mi drive & the dragging of a free boat out of it's hillside tomb is cool with me. Saving the tin 1 at a time :cool:

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

That's funny, coming from the guy who's risking getting crushed under a free boat, jacking it up on a hillside, and who just ordered a new $575 axle set, and it's only 1 of the 2 :facepalm:

But the 1000mi drive & the dragging of a free boat out of it's hillside tomb is cool with me. Saving the tin 1 at a time :cool:

after I pay $775 for the next axle set up(with brakes)...do you think Ill have a $1000 trailer yet???

tangible!!! thats the operative word here!!!

besides, I fall a sleep driving to the grocery store!!

bob

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That 1000 miles wouldn't happen to put that boat in MI would it?

One thousand for you might not be so bad for me:D

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

You guys are hilariuous. Ive never posted before but Ive been sandbagging for about 9 months. So I finally find my boat. Its a 18'ss. The only problem its spring and I'm a landscaper and its 780 miles away one way. So I had to pass. Right? Wrong. I made the drive there and back in a weekend in early june. Turns out the motor is in great shape as is the hull but everything else had to be stripped.

Start a thread up and post some pictures. Welcome to the Tinhoarding Club.

Weep'n Willy

Master Chief Petty Officer

The 1000 mile trip wouldn't be too bad as long as the OBO offer was good. The bad would be the tow back home with it....that trailer looks to have plenty of rust and may need some serious attention before being road worthy.

tgp***

That 1000 miles wouldn't happen to put that boat in MI would it? One thousand for you might not be so bad for me:D

Near Ohmaha NE. I'm going to put it up in the CL thread for people. The gas money to go get would take the good deal out of any BO for me. Big Tin like that would be a fun project though.

The 1000 mile trip wouldn't be too bad as long as the OBO offer was good. The bad would be the tow back home with it....that trailer looks to have plenty of rust and may need some serious attention before being road worthy.

The tires are small and bearing grease is cheap. And its only 500 back. The 1000 was round trip.