How far would you drive??

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: How far would you drive??

Well, I guess I can't buy the boat then. Thanks JAS, I knew someone would help a guy out.

Besides the wife just confiscated my fun money for my daughters dance costumes. Dam those things are expensive. Between dance classes, costumes, choreography, and competition fees, I could go broke.

Now I'll have to sell some stuff again on craigslist so I can fund a project for the winter.
Gas money is going to cost me $175. The boat is $450. That's $625. That's an expensive project start up, for me any way. I only paid $125 for the Nassau (She could get jealous).

-

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh man, boat $$ swiped for dance costumes!:eek:

Painful.

I'd rather see a guy drag home a rotted out glasser:rolleyes:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Um, well, on second thought....

Yah, actually, dance costumes are better than rotted out glassers.

Never mind:D:D

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Haha. Jas ur a punk man.

TPG I feel ya bro. Karate, swimming, speech therapy, no $ for my poor offshore. It's all worth it though. Part of being a Dad and Husband. I'm lucky I've got a boy. My nieces do polish dancing, those costumes are like wedding dresses for 5 year olds. yikes.

I got our peek-a-poos vaccinated. One had a reaction to the shots, so naturally we had to go the the doggie emergency room on Saturday night. $$$

On the bright side, people are dumping tinnies. Low, low prices.I got a lead on a 14' and a 15'. I think Zach's moving up from the 12'. Keep your eyes peeled. Learn the Vulcan mind meld, something will come up for cheap. Good luck.

tgp***

I am a cheap SOB. Prices are starting to come down on boats and motorcycles. Hopefully I can find a cheap winter project.

dozerII

Admiral

I am a cheap SOB. Prices are starting to come down on boats and motorcycles. Hopefully I can find a cheap winter project.

Yoo will, with the number of good deals coming up lately I'm sure the right one is there for the taking.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

its not a 6 hour trip unless he plans to live there permanently....

its also 6 hour BACK!!

unless you negotiate and BS very little, you are looking at spending the night maybe.

the distance anyone would travel is relative to the desire for the boat/rig in question. it could be a specific boat someone has waited for, or it could be a financial windfall canidate.

i had to drive 1/5 mile for my last addition...the time before that, the freaking boat was almost 30 minutes away...can you believe it? thats cost me over $10 in gas i am sure!!! ha ha ha

when i search...I put in a 300 mile radius...just to check but i dont think id drive the 300 miles .....unless it included a nice 150hp or 175hp johnson ocean runner in the deal...

bob

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

Well put, Bob. The 15-footer I drove to Rhode Island to pick up was a hull I really wanted. Working it into a fun overnight trip with the wife, who happens to LOVE lobster, made it that much more doable. I'm not sure I would have done it if it didn't have a motor on it that I was sure I could part out to recoup some of the expenses. I already had a known-quantity motor at the time, so the motor that came on the boat was purely parts in my mind as I did the math.

jbcurt00

Staff member

Looks like my # is 6hrs 1 way:facepalm:
Posted it in the CL/Ebay thread, & it ate at me all week. Made the call this afternoon. Still a Merc120 donor glass boat in the mix, but I'm not up for 2 12hr roundtrips in 1 weekend. Friday I'll see where the seller stands.....
5Gf5Md5J73I73F63J7ca8accf2dfd9c531df2.jpg

5Nc5T55J23Ka3G93J2ca8cc98b58102a01254.jpg

5L25T35M73Gb3I13H3ca85613e931b6c81cf5.jpg

5L55H45Jd3Fc3L13Jbca8d498b9c6991618cf.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member

WELL!!! Don't leave us hanging.....
Sorry you missed my post in the SC @CL thread
Both Sold!

I made the call today @ the 18' Holiday (? SC for sure) I posted earlier this week in Cincinnati. Seems I need to go make a post in the how far for an SC thread :eek: Looks like my # is 6hrs 1way

I want to offer some sound words of advice...

You need to get out now, and a road trip would get you out. ;)

This is what I fear the Admiral may say when I get back w/ 1
If it's 2, her head may explode :facepalm:
Or mine will when the frying pan makes repeated contact.....

Yep, guilty :redface:

tgp***

Bummer......... Hadn't read the CL thread. Keep looking, they're like women, "there are always more where that one came from".
and once you find one, they won't leave until you show them the door. :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Bummer......... Hadn't read the CL thread. Keep looking, they're like women, "there are always more where that one came from".
and once you find one, they won't leave until you show them the door. :D

Psst: I meant sold to me :facepalm:

tgp***

Oh, come on man...... I though that was funny, for off the cuff...... and, I would never trade my wife in for a new Starcraft Islander......................

This could be the start of thread a ""You know you've been married too long when.............a Starcraft""" :D

jbcurt00

Staff member

Psst: I meant sold to me :facepalm:

I made the above text very small & too light when I quoted you, I knew what you meant. The Admiral was in the room, so I was trying to post that I bought them both, in stealth mode, perhaps too stealthy

tgp***

THAT'S LIKE TOTALITY AWESOME DUDE!!!!! NICE! Better you than me. My wife would shoot me. She loves me, but, I swear to god, I think she'd shoot me.

Living life vicariously through my friends.....

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

ROTFLMAO

I bought a third boat. A 14' Sea Nymph. Beatings for a week until the Sea Scamp was delivered to her new owner. More beatings to follow. lol

Scariest quote/threat from my wife "I'll never divorce you, I'll just make you're life a living he!!" That scares the crap out of me. She's capable, more than capable.

Don't tell her I'm looking at a 25 horse Johnson. I need to sell the 5-1/2 first. Unless a deal happens. lol Ya, more beatings to follow. The trick I've learned is to really make Lisa think the beating is getting to me. You know give her her money's worth.

tgp***

I started looking at doing a motorcycle project. I used to ride a chopper back in the late 70's. Anyway, the wife over hears a phone conversation of me talking to a guy about his bike. She jumps in and says to me " you'll need to sign a waiver, because I'm not taking care of you if you crash." I said, "honey, I was driving tractors and cars since I was in 5th grade, I had my 1st motorcycle when I was in 7th grade, I raced motocross when I was in high school. Does this mean if I was in car accident tomorrow you would'nt take care of me." She replies " No, only if you that motorcycle"

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey tpg - Watch out, I heard JB is looking for bike projects too. :p

jbcurt00

Staff member

Anyway, the wife over hears a phone conversation of me talking to a guy about his bike. She jumps in and says to me "you'll need to sign a waiver, because I'm not taking care of you if you crash."

Does this mean if I was in car accident tomorrow you wouldn't take care of me." She replies " No, only if your on a motorcycle"

Yours & mine must be in the same support group, because all of that ^^^ sounds remarkably familiar :facepalm:

ps, GA I heard that :redface:

Now lets see, where was I? :confused: Oh, yeah:
GEDC0401_zpsb3f3ed73.jpg