How are you going to vote?

642mx

Lieutenant Commander
Re: How are you going to vote?

Wonder what the early voting results would be like if everyone that worked voted at their place of work..?

Interesting point. I wonder what the results would be if only folks who paid income taxes (in the last 2 years) could vote? It only makes sense that people who pay taxes should elect the next tax collector.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I'm voting on election day. I plan to get up early and be at the polls when they open. I live in a red state. :)

Not after this year you won't live in a red state :eek:

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Early voting for me...

i used to wait until the actual date, but found that if i was out of town i would miss it or forget to get absentee ballot.

The idea is to get more people to participate not less. No one will give you time off from work to vote like they used to.

Here in NC, they just asked me my name and address and phone # no other information, no vote registration card nothing....

little scary....but it would be sort of hard to vote multiple times as there are only 4 early voting sites in my county...so maybe 4 extra votes?

Tomatolord

puddle jumper

Captain

Interesting point. I wonder what the results would be if only folks who paid income taxes (in the last 2 years) could vote? It only makes sense that people who pay taxes should elect the next tax collector.

Even though i live in Canada i like the way you think.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Nope, we need to have felons and illegals voting too don't ya know, let alone people that won't work and just want more handouts :mad:.

Rhadley

Petty Officer 1st Class

ACORN also accidently picked up homeless people from Pennsylvannia and took them to Ohio to register and vote at the same time. Honest mistake, I'm sure.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Mickey Mouse is going to vote in Florida.

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

I think we should revamp the electoral college system anyway, and instead of diving up the electoral votes by state, divide them up by county. Every county would get at least one electoral vote, and depending upon population (measured by registered voters) it could go up from there. That wouldn't do much to address the problems mentioned above, but it would at least limit the disenfrancisement, and give a more accurate outcome.

I think we should just give a percent of electorial votes to each candidate based on the percent of the vote they get, not winner take all.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I seriously doubt if further disenfranchising the already disenfranchised is in any way constitutional,but be that as it may.I could really support proportional representation instead of the odd system we currently have

MrBossman

Banned

I live in and vote in a HEAVY yuppy infested big buck area even though Im not. On election day I plan to wear a custom made T shirt I have with the picture of my candidate (you can guess who) and be loud mouth, rude and talk chit for several hours just to **** the yuppys types off. ..lol WE DO HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU KNOW IN PUBLIC PLACES.

MrBossman

Banned

Early voting for me...

i used to wait until the actual date, but found that if i was out of town i would miss it or forget to get absentee ballot.

The idea is to get more people to participate not less. No one will give you time off from work to vote like they used to.

Here in NC, they just asked me my name and address and phone # no other information, no vote registration card nothing....

little scary....but it would be sort of hard to vote multiple times as there are only 4 early voting sites in my county...so maybe 4 extra votes?

Tomatolord
i LIVE IN nc ALSO AND i THOUGHT THEY REQUIRED A VALID PICTURE ID....YOU SAY THEY DONT?

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Best idea I've heard in a long time. I'm presuming that homemakers could vote as long as they filed a joint return with their spouse.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I think we should just give a percent of electorial votes to each candidate based on the percent of the vote they get, not winner take all.

That would get problematic when you've got a state with, say 10 electoral votes and one candidate get's 55% of the vote... how do you split an electoral vote? Keep in mind, rounding would get REAL ugly real fast, and we might find that the election isn't over until the term is... on the OTHER hand... that might be a good thing. :D

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I live in and vote in a HEAVY yuppy infested big buck area even though Im not. On election day I plan to wear a custom made T shirt I have with the picture of my candidate (you can guess who) and be loud mouth, rude and talk chit for several hours just to **** the yuppys types off. ..lol WE DO HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH YOU KNOW IN PUBLIC PLACES.

Sounds great.
Just remember who pays most of the taxes in your area and who runs the show.It might make you want to reconsider,since there might be some perfectly legal payback not too far down the road

MrBossman

Banned

Im not inportant enough for anyone to want to waste their yuppy time given me pay backs. My wife who shares my same views wore her shirt to "the yuppy mall" and this well dressed snob lady walked by and made a disaproving grunt at her.LOL I plan to do some grunting myself...

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Bossman, if your voting places are anything like ours, you'd be kicked out for the shirt, and arrested for the talking... they strictly enforce the no campaigning within 500 feet of the voting center laws here. You can't even wear a button with a candidate's name on it.

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

Well, our early voting ended... and the county I live in, accounted for over 10% of the total statewide early voters. We had almost 150,000 early voters, and statewide I heard on the news that there were only a bit over a million.

Even though that's a lot, it's still only about 75-80% of the registered voters here... one county near here had over 99% of their registered voters vote in early voting... of course, they don't have nearly the number of people that my county does.

I noticed another trend this year... election day sales. Businesses are throwing sales to try to get people to shop there while out voting... smart, since some of the people voting rarely leave home... but they're almost turning election day into black friday.