Help educate me some on the Chieftains please :)

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Looks like a scratch, as long as it didnt weaken any rivets near it i wouldnt bother with it. Check for leaky rivets there during the leak test,

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Not having much for location context in the pic it appears to me that's the center keel strip. The keel takes the brunt of many bad landings over the years. I would rebuild it, sand smooth with JB or MT and call it good.

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'll be sure to check those rivets close ;) That scratch is actually really deep, it's ground off a lot of meat. JB sounds like a good plan to me to bring the contour back up if nothing more. There's 3 steel machine screws that need to be removed too. Someone had taken one of the cabin bunks out apparently for floor repair and screwed it back together in that one spot. Thankfully no new holes, just steel screws through the old holes. Rivets will go back in.

That's not a bad price for tires and rims. I may get cheap though, I just looked at Tractor Supply and they have the same tires (no rims) for $45. Just a bit more money saved from one spot to spend on another :D

When I drag it home (on the flats lol) I will start a proper thread for it. It's just over 100yds away and have 100yds of field so the rims won't get trashed.

FrankenCub

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not having much for location context in the pic it appears to me that's the center keel strip. The keel takes the brunt of many bad landings over the years. I would rebuild it, sand smooth with JB or MT and call it good.

Yeah I should have noted which one it was, not center but next one out to port side.