Garmin Good and Bad news

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So as this thread has made full circle on Garmins and Phone Apps, What about OnStar? Besides being standard in GM, it is also an aftermarket receiver that is available?

In the mean time, AllDodge is still lost driving around Port Clinton looking for that trailer. :eek:

This is the Mother Of All Off Topic threads we've had in a long while.

NYBo

Admiral
CoPilot is one I have used for awhile with my nexus but there are a lot more out there. With CoPilot you preload all the maps. No need for cell reception.

Does your tablet have GPS? For example, the iPads only had a GPS chip in them if they were the 3G/4G versions. The Google Nexus was one of the only ones that had GPS capability in WiFi only versions.
Looks good! Thanks for the tip. Yes, my tablet has GPS (Lenovo Yoga 10).

gonfishn

Commander
I hear the paper maps are now considered Antiques and are highly sought after...lol

alldodge

Staff member
Did the round trip and brought back the trailer, and all went smooth. Going up I paid real close attention to markings, and after getting close it dawned on me I was watching way to close. Before GPS I would do a quick look see for the major towns going through when changing directions. Get up on the highway/Interstate and away we go. All the signage is clear, don't really need to pay attention to baring left, turning right at exit what ever.

Only time you need to pay attention is when you get off the highway to side streets. Going back never even looked at the paper except one time for which city I was going toward for a turn

Got the new Garmin today.