Free Salvage Boats in Upstate NY

jonesg

Admiral
Re: Free Salvage Boats in Upstate NY

20 degsF tonite in Boston, I just pulled my radio due to the LCD screen.

charlie Noble

Seaman Apprentice

Yes there is a lot of New York above the Tappan Zee Bridge. I'm in Lake Placid, its not the end of the world but you can see it from the top of Whiteface. Boat Barn in Lawrence, N.Y. seems to have a large number of
boats taking up space in field. Always going to stop when visiting
my son in Norwood but never seem to have time.;

Rick S.

Recruit

The topic comes up once and a while - where do I find a cheap/free hull to restore?

I have been advertising for free/cheap boats here in Upstate NY and have more leads than I could ever handle, many of them completely free hulls. Let me know if you would like me to forward any of the pics/emails. If I took all these I would be divorced.

Hi Steve, Still around? I am a historical re-enactor looking for a wood hull sail boat with a "double hull" or (a boat with a pointed "bow at each end"), old style sail boat. Hopefully hull will be in good shape. hoping to make an open decked scooner type wooden sailboat that will have multi uses as a rev war boat / 1812 sailboat / and or a viking ship that will have bolt on "dragon head and tail depending on which historical event I attend. Larger the better. Thanks, Rick EDIT.

Last edited by a moderator:

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Rick, welcome to iboats. Please read our forum posting guidelines as you've broken a couple of them already. Thanks.