Finnish fishing boat overhaul [Splashed 2017]

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys! Thanks for the nice words and encouragement. Here's a link to my Facebook album where I've added the latest photos so you can see a bit of what's been going on. I'll try and figure out what to do about this thread in the meantime. Might have to post a new thread in the finished projects forum or something.

But please feel free to look at the FB post if you feel like it! Thanks a million for all the help I've got during the past years, couldn't have done it without you guys!

And the name's Nemo, "No one" in latin.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I don't suscribe to FB.

it ain't hard. I started as an easy way to keep up with my sister who lives in Denmark. You control it. I've heard people complain about all the s..t they see - guess what eliminate the 'friends' who put that out there. I regularly purge my 'friends'. I'll add most anyone but if they prove to not be worthy of being allowed to come to my house, walk in without ringing the doorbell, they are eliminated quickly. I know people with 1000+ friends. Hell I doubt I know 300 people let alone want to be friends with them.

Sorry for the derail, but FB can be a wonderful thing. Or evil. Users chooses which.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
No ... I just don't use FB cause like text it wastes my time. I can't be bothered with it. That's really all I meant.
Hell of a boat biuld RH!!

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
We use Facebook as a work thing mainly, we use it to keep up with what others in the industry are doing and it's a nice way to let colleagues know if you're free and available to work. This has led to +1000 "friends" but I'd hardly call them that.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Phtotobucket removed the "Download album" feature when they started this draconian update that basically ruins the whole thread unless I pay 300 dollars a year...No idea how this could be fixed.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
you can still download if you didn't save locally - just cannot hotlink.

I'm using https://postimages.org/ but you would have to rebuild the entire thread. I've got one in the Starcraft area that I need to do, but only about 15 pics or so.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
Photobucket redeemed itself! The thread is back up and running with all the photos visible again!

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Looks good Red and glad you are enjoying the boat! Keep posting with your adventures on Nemo!:rockon:

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
I don't know where to start again. The first summer was mostly a test drive that ended up with all sorts of issues with the engine and all kinds of smaller systems. During last winter we fixed everything as well as we could and this summer we really got to enjoy the boat.

We lived on board for a bit more than a month. Drove her about 800nm and went all over the archipelago, the Facebook album I posted earlier shows what it looked like. I'll post something here as well when I get the chance.

The boats coming up from the water in a couple of weeks . Some small stuff needs to be fixed during winter and I'd like to update the propeller etc with the drivetrain.

Last edited:

oldrem

Commander
Sounds like a great adventure - boat looks fantastic. Bet you have a hundred stories you could tell.

Red Herring

Chief Petty Officer
We’ve been out in some really bad weather a couple of times out of necessity. The worst waves were 2.5m(+8ft) and really put the boat through a beating. Had a few break over the pilothouse and I noticed some of the windows leak when it happens. Fortunately it’s so rare here it’s fine for now, will have to investigate how to fix it in due time.

But otherwise it’s sturdy enough and the glasswork seems to hold for now!

Of the the two electric field bilge switches I installed two have failed already. I’m getting the Ultra switches as soon as I get the 370$ these ridiculous switches cost, spent too much time head down in the bilge already.