Dennis Moore's thoughts on heads

AdamB

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Dennis Moore's thoughts on heads

I'm only running a throttle body with 2 openings, not 4. The longer runner design is supposed to increase low torque, like the mid 80's TPI systems chevy used on their Vettes. I don't know, it seems to have decreased my plane time, but I did install smart tabs at the same time. The boat litterally ju8mps out of the water with a mercruiser 14X21 SS prop.

The lower CC combustion chamber, 17occ runner design of the new heads should increase compression, and give more high rpm (low to mid 5000 rpms) hp #'s..., shouldn't it?

The new heads should be here today, and I'll report back. In the meantime, I was fishing off Longport/Atlantic City, (caught approx 30 blues)NJ and got boarded by the USCG yesterday. . I got a warning for the expired flares, but they didn't care about my MPFI system. They really were just happy to see my life jackets, and spark arrestor. Guess my system does pass the USCG inspection as I got a slip that says I meet all federal regs...

John_S

Rear Admiral

The longer runner design is supposed to increase low torque,

No, longer, larger runners, create hp at higher rpms at expense of low rpm power.

lilmandavis

Chief Petty Officer

last book i seen by mr moore was 1800$? is that the right book, or is it cheaper than that somewhere?

mtnrat

Chief Petty Officer

Hmm. Maybe someone who knows Mr. Moore should ask if there is anyway he can put a PDF version on his website that can be downloaded fora reasonable price. Just a though as I have been trying to find a copy for ages.

FreeBeeTony

Captain

re Dennis Moore's book: I found my copy in my local library!

AdamB

Petty Officer 1st Class

John S,

I'm talking intake manifold. Mid 80's GM TPI intake runners very long, good torque but run out of air around 5500 rpms. LT-1 intake very short runners (3" I think) and promote good HP at high revs.

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander

Is <a href="http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Small-Block_Chevy_Marine_Performance-ISBN_1557883173.html?isrc=b-search"target="_blank">this</a> the book? Must be a hot item, can't find it anywhere...I did find out that the ISBN # is 1557883173...

AdamB

Petty Officer 1st Class

that would be the one.