College Football

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I guess UF forked over the dough and got there guy McElwain ....
Hope he's a keeper !!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Personally, I think Nebraska got the better coach of the two but not by much. I don't think either are top tier coaches. Will be interesting though.

sam60

Captain
I was watching AZ - Ore for the Pac 12 title but found Pale Rider on another channel.

Edit: I like old western movies better than live mismatches.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I was watching AZ - Ore for the Pac 12 title but found Pale Rider on another channel.

Edit: I like old western movies better than live mismatches.

yeah...bad game for AZ. 23-0 at half and it could have been way more than that. Oregon not playing well on offense and still killing them.

aspeck

Staff member
Ohio State in, Baylor and TCU out ... Who would have thunk it? The 3rd string QB played that well!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
In some ways I was surprised, in others I wasn't. FSU kept winning and dropped down the standings. Just think if FSU would have been knocked out, we'd have a lot more controversy than we have already.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Ohio State in, Baylor and TCU out ... Who would have thunk it? The 3rd string QB played that well!
It's possible the committee picked the easy way out by avoiding the TCU Baylor controversy of leaving one or the other out.

Obviously, last weeks rankings meant absolutely nothing. How do you drop a team from #3 to #6 after beating a team 55-3!

All conferences need to play 9 conference games, have a championship game and schedule better OOC teams. Playing FCS schools OOC should penalize them.

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I know a team is bowl eligible at 6-6 but is anyone going to watch those games other than the people that root for those schools?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Not to start anything, but the playoffs have nothing to do with the best competition. It's all about the bucks and OSU will bring more money to the playoff and championship hosts than TCU or Baylor. It's that simple.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I know a team is bowl eligible at 6-6 but is anyone going to watch those games other than the people that root for those schools?

Nope. Unless it's a team from your favorite conference....... aka Big10......... :)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Nope. Unless it's a team from your favorite conference....... aka Big10......... :)

So you are really going to watch Illinois Louisiana Tech? :) I expect a full report of the game the next morning!

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Maybe. Depends on the nite and what else is on.... :)

sam60

Captain
What an interesting season it was...the bowl games come in 11 days. I hope aspeck starts another fun one from the ESPN site.

It appears to be open. ;)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I,m no FSU fan but I,m telling ya don't count them out ... I,m an SEC snob so it's my duty to pull for Alabama I guess ....

aspeck

Staff member
What an interesting season it was...the bowl games come in 11 days. I hope aspeck starts another fun one from the ESPN site.

It appears to be open. ;)

Okay, Sam, the Capital One Mania Game is open to join and make your picks. Iboats is the group. Have fun guys and girls!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Will be interesting to see the record of the various conferences after the bowl season.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm in. I predict the SEC or Big 10 will have the most bowl winners since between the two conferences, 21 of the 38 games are covered. I'm not counting the championship game.