College Football

RGrew176

Commander
I have been a Michigan fan since that day in 1969 when Bo Shembeckler and his Wolverines beat Woody Hayes and his Buckeyes. It has been for the most part a good run and a great time to be a Michigan fan. The past few years have been rough and this year is truly a tough one for this M fan. I will remain a Michigan fan whether the winds blow fair or foul (boating reference) looking hopefully to better days ahead. Hoke needs to reverse the trend going from 11 - 2 his first year to where he is today. It seems to be a program in decline even though he is getting some Blue Chip recruits. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe they did not give Rich Rod enough time look at where Arizona is now under his coaching.

sam60

Captain
I have been a Michigan fan since that day in 1969 when Bo Shembeckler and his Wolverines beat Woody Hayes and his Buckeyes. It has been for the most part a good run and a great time to be a Michigan fan. The past few years have been rough and this year is truly a tough one for this M fan. I will remain a Michigan fan whether the winds blow fair or foul (boating reference) looking hopefully to better days ahead. Hoke needs to reverse the trend going from 11 - 2 his first year to where he is today. It seems to be a program in decline even though he is getting some Blue Chip recruits. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe they did not give Rich Rod enough time look at where Arizona is now under his coaching.

Hey RG, wild season so far. Remember 1997 when M was ranked #1 at 12-0 and N was 13-0....shared title that year.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
17 - 10 at the half. #5 ND over #2 FSU

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well , I guess it's time to start looking for a new coach ..... It's a shame with the way UF's defense is playing that the offense just can't get there act together ...
Btw , I think the replay officials blew the interception call at the end of the UCLA/CAL game . At least it looked that way to me ..

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Btw , I think the replay officials blew the interception call at the end of the UCLA/CAL game . At least it looked that way to me ..
It was close but the view of the back foot probably would have shown it was dragging before the right foot went down.

Florida must be pretty bad if they lose to a very bad Missouri team.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
:D Rankings? Wasn't UCLA poised to win the PAC12 in pre-season discussion? It's fun whether we win or lose.
Yep! Never thought they would beat Oregon anf they blew the Utah game. But come on with the Nebraska OOC teams! Florida Atlantic, Mcneese State and Fresno State?

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
Not sure if the 'Bama fans will be calling out Saban for only winning by 59 in a shutout.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
It was close but the view of the back foot probably would have shown it was dragging before the right foot went down.

Florida must be pretty bad if they lose to a very bad Missouri team.
You may be right but it seems like he did not have real control of the ball until the front foot was on the line .. IDK..
And I'd like to say Fl is just not very good instead of pretty bad ... Kinda like the glass is half full .. :facepalm:

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
Rankings don't mean much this year.......The playoff committee selections start Oct.28. :fencing:
huts :pray2:

RGrew176

Commander
Hey RG, wild season so far. Remember 1997 when M was ranked #1 at 12-0 and N was 13-0....shared title that year.

Yes, I do remember 1997. Lloyd Carr did something Bo Schembecler never did win a National Championship even though they split it with Nebraska it was indeed a great season. I sure hope Michigan gets its mojo back soon. These last few years have not been great and this season they will be lucky to win 6 games and make it to a bowl game. Go Blue.

RGrew176

Commander
I for one am very happy that they did away with the BCS. It in many ways was a sham. Having the top 4 teams play for the National Championship is a start. It will be much better if and when they go to the top 8 teams. That would be a better system IMO and give more teams something to shoot for.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
It needs to be 8 teams with automatic 5 berths to the winners of the Power 5 conferences with the remaining being at large. By doing it this way, teams will schedule better OOC teams and losing won't hurt and we will get to see better games early in the season.

Last edited: