changed water pump impeller now water coming out of prop exhaust and not hot

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Wtf,is this normal? 1986 150xr2 v6.
The pisser is peeing alittle even it idle and when I rev her up she has a good stream but spits if that makes sence. Did I do sommething wrong?

Jeff z

j_martin

Admiral
Re: changed water pump impeller now water coming out of prop exhaust and not hot

Let me guess. It's on the cuffs with real cold well water going to it.

Normal in that case.

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: changed water pump impeller now water coming out of prop exhaust and not hot

Ok,thanks martin. Not well water but seattle water,about 50*to 55*.temp auge aslo doesn't move off cold where before she would read damn near hot.and pisser and heads arnt getting hot either,maby 80* to 90*

j_martin

Admiral

Ok,thanks martin. Not well water but seattle water,about 50*to 55*.temp auge aslo doesn't move off cold where before she would read damn near hot.and pisser and heads arnt getting hot either,maby 80* to 90*

The poppet might be akilter and jammed open. Worth taking a look. 4 bolts, 2 gaskets, and a diaphragm minimum.

If it isn't getting warm, it should only spit a little out the tell-tale. All the water to the tell-tale has to go through a t-stat first.

Maybe somebody took the t-stats out. Bad move.

Blown Challenger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nope,I just installed new ones today.I pulled apart the poppet and didn't see anything out of the ordenary but now it seems to be getting warmer but I couldn't let it run too long cause its loud.lol. ill wake them up in the am instead. :)

j_martin

Admiral

The poppet seat doesn't fit real tight sometimes, and can get cockeyed and jam the valve open. If it's loose, a few small peen marks around it will hold it in place.