Can't read serial # on prop.

mariahern

Recruit
I have a mariah, V6 -mercruiser (1990) with a 3 blade aluminum prop. It is old and has been re-done serveral times. I think the prop serial # on the hub is: either 65-75120 or 45-75120-19. It has the splined shaft and regular hub (not the new type with the plastic shaft insert. My question is: does the serial # matter if I want to replace the 3 blade with a 4 blade?

Robbabob

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Can't read serial # on prop.

Welcome to the forum!

Primarily, you need to know the diameter and pitch of the current prop, as well as the outdrive make and model, and subtract an inch in pitch when going to a 4-blade.

When you say it's been re-done several times, what do you mean?

We can help a lot if you provide a little useful information from this link: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=287818

Good luck!

mariahern

Recruit

Thanks Rob: I'll have to get back to you on that as far as the "Generaton 1 or 2". The pitch is 19". All I was asking really was: if the serial was necessary to buy a 4 blade and what (if anything) the serial # meant or is it just a "serial #"? As far as my comment as to "redone", I mean that the blades have been repaired a number of times by a shop.. The pitch or the diameter haven't changed! mariahern*

mariahern

Recruit

Does anybody know where I can get a No-draft window for my 1990 Mariah diablo, bow rider? Actually, I don't need the glass, just the plastic opening mechanism!