Busch is Gone...........

sasto

Captain
Re: Busch is Gone...........

Unless your from the South it might be hard to grasp and appreciate the old Nascar. Rivalry and fist fights were common but it was NOT unsportmanship at all, it was what we call southern respect & love
"Country smarts", not social graces, was what counted back then. They were hard-driving and hell-raising. They were uncouth and uncultured, with farmer tans and callused hands, country as cornbread and not ashamed to admit it. They were NASCAR's original Good Ol' Boys". Today they are an endangered species and their absence will be the demise of the sport.....in the south anyway.

I wonder if a Johnson could handle this Busch..... :cool:

Where are the Jr. Johnsons now days? We need some owners with some charactor...not just integrity!

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Where are the Jr. Johnsons now days? We need some owners with some charactor...not just integrity!

Wasn't it Childress who showed some "character" on Shrubby awhile back after he got tired of Shrubby messin' with his cars?

Yep, I think Ragan is still the front runner for Kurt's ride.....

bigdee

Commander

and Smokey Yunick and Holman and Moody,and Lee Petty and etc,etc. Character and innovation,they each had their style and trade secrets and THEIR own individual engine program,they did not buy cookie cutter engines from their competitors.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Wasn't it Childress who showed some "character" on Shrubby awhile back after he got tired of Shrubby messin' with his cars?
Didn't he punch Kyle?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Punching a Busch requires an apology? :p

sasto

Captain

You guys have a point about RC.....and some amusing comments too!

I'm a fan of the "gool ol' boys" in racing. Sadler is certainally one of them. But, guys like the Busch's do have some fans....and we are talking about them. Personally I like rooting against someone as much as I do for someone.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I'm with you, that's what I miss most about Sr. Nothing got me more pumped up than Sr. on my guys bumper. And the Busch's can flat wheel a car, especially Kyle. His restarts ares simply awesome. Have to admit it.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

And the Busch's can flat wheel a car, especially Kyle. His restarts ares simply awesome. Have to admit it.

No doubt, Shrubby has talent up the ying yang. Now if he could just keep his ying yang out of trouble......