Busch is Gone...........

bassman284

Commander
Re: Busch is Gone...........

Penske is a smart team owner; has been for years. I'm sure he had his reasons.

As for Sneva, I always thought he was fired for tearing up equipment. The guy probably holds the record for most crashes at Indy....we used to bet on which lap he'd crash on. None of us won the time he crashed on the pace lap.

Tom might have been able to survive the equipment tear ups if he'd shaved and been civil during interviews.

bigdee

Commander

The real reason for restrictor plates is not for safety but rather to keep cars bunched together for maximum sponsor coverage.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hijack ^^^^^^ but nope. It's to keep them out of the stands ;)

bigdee

Commander

Hijack ^^^^^^ but nope. It's to keep them out of the stands ;)

They could of done that with less banking and better grandstand protection....like Indy. Bush had a million dollar spoon in his mouth but it fell out when he opened it. Hijack??? seems relevant to previous post.

QC

Supreme Mariner

They could of done that with less banking
This is 100% accurate. Got a grader and a paving machine?

FWIW, IMHO, Sponsors make Nascar right, not wrong. They are why the Busch Bros must clean up their acts, why you rarely hear of a drug scandal, why there are no strikes, why DeLana Harvick wheres a fire suit . . . uh, well maybe not the last one . . . now wait a minute, maybe that is why . . . hmmmmm . . .

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

why DeLana Harvick wheres a fire suit . .

That's why she wears THE fire suit in the family as I recall Joey Logano mentioning. :facepalm:

bigdee

Commander

This is 100% accurate. Got a grader and a paving machine?

FWIW, IMHO, Sponsors make Nascar right, not wrong. They are why the Busch Bros must clean up their acts, why you rarely hear of a drug scandal, why there are no strikes, why DeLana Harvick wheres a fire suit . . . uh, well maybe not the last one . . . now wait a minute, maybe that is why . . . hmmmmm . . .

Nascar STARTED out as a clean sport when it's roots were in my backyard. I grew up with Nascar and it's roots and people...good family people who had values and they did not need the influence of Nascar or sponsors to be who they are....Nascar is trying hard to hang on to that principle but it will NEVER return to the way it was. I witnessed the blood sweat and tears along with the glitter.

sasto

Captain

Nascar STARTED out as a clean sport when it's roots were in my backyard. I grew up with Nascar and it's roots and people...good family people who had values and they did not need the influence of Nascar or sponsors to be who they are....Nascar is trying hard to hang on to that principle but it will NEVER return to the way it was. I witnessed the blood sweat and tears along with the glitter.

Your so right, bigdee.

There was once a time we played softball with King Richard, Neil Bonnett, that guy named Yarborough, and a couple of those Allison Guys........But....

Personally? I like where the sport (?) is going.:)

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Too bad Dale's not still around to teach those spoiled brats some class. :rolleyes:

sasto

Captain

Too bad Dale's not still around to teach those spoiled brats some class. :rolleyes:

Yeh Buddy!

A little of topic but.....I was in The Bahamas when he passed. I was watching the race at a local Tiki and returned to the boat not knowing what happened. A couple hours later I noticed a young Lady at the end of a finger pier, crying
and tossing flower pedals in the water. All I could get out of her was "Dale Earnhardt, Dale Earnhardt". After a few minutes she finally came to, and told me what happened.

That day I cried along with a stranger.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I could not believe that day either, but let's be honest here, Sr. was pretty darn comfortable using the one fingered salute. Heck he spun Terry Labonte to win, and that was not the only time he used that tactic for sure. I don't see a whole lot of difference between him and the Busch boys with one major exception, he had the experience and respect to pull it off.

I know this is blasphemy, but he was pretty rotten when he wanted to be, and that's one thing I miss. Black Bart!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

With Dale Sr it was always just "a racin' deal" except when he was the "victim".

bigdee

Commander

I could not believe that day either, but let's be honest here, Sr. was pretty darn comfortable using the one fingered salute. Heck he spun Terry Labonte to win, and that was not the only time he used that tactic for sure. I don't see a whole lot of difference between him and the Busch boys with one major exception, he had the experience and respect to pull it off.

I know this is blasphemy, but he was pretty rotten when he wanted to be, and that's one thing I miss. Black Bart!

Unless your from the South it might be hard to grasp and appreciate the old Nascar. Rivalry and fist fights were common but it was NOT unsportmanship at all, it was what we call southern respect & love
"Country smarts", not social graces, was what counted back then. They were hard-driving and hell-raising. They were uncouth and uncultured, with farmer tans and callused hands, country as cornbread and not ashamed to admit it. They were NASCAR's original Good Ol' Boys". Today they are an endangered species and their absence will be the demise of the sport.....in the south anyway.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Believe it or not, I understand.

chris.j.marshall

Petty Officer 2nd Class

David Reagan still the frontrunner for that ride? Seems like he's done awefully mediocre in what is probably better equipment than Penske's cars. I'd go with Reutiman or give Elliot Sadler another chance in cup before giving Reagan a bit of consideration.