bowman316

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Boating the Upper Chesapeake

so scott,
how rough was the water in that storm?

SuperNova

Lieutenant

We'll be out Saturday Stan. If you make it to Cara Cove on the North East, look for us!
Rob has my cell as well ;) I do have a radio if you end up with a handheld or something too.
Well, I'll certainly be looking for that beautiful blue Wellcraft of yours...don't think it'll be too hard to miss. I'll be in the V-20 with no seats...may or may not have a blue bimini up. Mercury Black Max 150 hanging off the back. Not entirely sure which cove is Cara Cove...I'll have to check my charts. I'm more familiar with the Eastern shore of the Elk than the Western. Hope to see you out there.

skargo

Banned

Well, I'll certainly be looking for that beautiful blue Wellcraft of yours...don't think it'll be too hard to miss. I'll be in the V-20 with no seats...may or may not have a blue bimini up. Mercury Black Max 150 hanging off the back. Not entirely sure which cove is Cara Cove...I'll have to check my charts. I'm more familiar with the Eastern shore of the Elk than the Western. Hope to see you out there.
Cara is on the eastern shore of the North East river, right north of the mouth.
Thanks for the compliment on the boat too!

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

so i wonder how my boat capsized then?

it must have been that the boat just filled up with rain water.
I had not emptied the water out of the boat in a few days.
And I guess that stom may have had enough water in it to sink a 12 ft boat.

rauch0812

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't know where your boat was on the water but the waves on the bohemia we big. With our boat tied to a larger boat the waves we're crashing over the bow for about 3-5 minutes or so on top of the heavy rain coming down. My bilge pump seemed to pump out water forever. I don't know if it was just where we were or how we were tied up?

skargo

Banned

so i wonder how my boat capsized then?

it must have been that the boat just filled up with rain water.
I had not emptied the water out of the boat in a few days.
And I guess that stom may have had enough water in it to sink a 12 ft boat.

In our case maybe the big stuff was blocked by the west shore of the NE? I've been in much bigger water, this wasn't terrible. The low vis was the worst part of it, Andrew was following us, and he said he could only see my stern light.

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Any marinia's in the upper bay area that offer showers? We'll be down for 4th of july weekend for 5 days. i can shower on the boat. The wife would like to get a real shower atleast once.

skargo

Banned

Any marinia's in the upper bay area that offer showers? We'll be down for 4th of july weekend for 5 days. i can shower on the boat. The wife would like to get a real shower atleast once.

Tydings at HDG where the fireworks are set off have nice showers and bathrooms if you get a transient slip, like we did.

I know Tidewater has showers too.

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade

We anchor out at the bohemia river at night or up at the northeast just down from the nauti goose

Blue Crabber

Ensign

We anchor out at the bohemia river at night or up at the northeast just down from the nauti goose

Hey Lime 4x4 - I just looked through all 400 + pictures in the link in your signature. WOW is all I can say. The boat looks great and you did a ton of work to it!!

We will be down for the weekend of the 4th staying at my parents Condo at North East Isles. It is the single dock on the western shore of the North East River after the railroad tracks past Charleston. You can probably see it from where you anchor. If you don't mind and I see you anchored out there, I will swing over and say hi. I would love to see your boat and all the work that you did to it!!!

So who is all going to be at the North East fireworks? And who all is going to be and Havre De Grace's fireworks? We plan on being on the boat for both shows!

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

Just tell her to go swimming with a bar of soap.
lol
You could get naked underwater, and no one could tell since you can't see down that far.

But I think the city marina at HDG will let you use their showers if you get a transient slip.
They have a bathroom building near the promonade grill. I have never used them thou.
my marina has a half decent shower, i don't know if it even has warm water. And If you know where it is, you could use that. no one is ever at my marina to tell you you can't use it.

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

So who is all going to be at the North East fireworks? And who all is going to be and Havre De Grace's fireworks? We plan on being on the boat for both shows!

I am planning on doing both. The only thing that I am worrying about is that I am getting there Sat. and not knowing the area I am afraid to got to North East in the boat.

skargo

Banned

I am planning on doing both. The only thing that I am worrying about is that I am getting there Sat. and not knowing the area I am afraid to got to North East in the boat.

Is North East's Saturday? We may try and make that.
We are in HDG's parade, and will be on our boat, in our transient slip for the HDG fireworks.

john3931

Petty Officer 1st Class

Is North East's Saturday? We may try and make that.
We are in HDG's parade, and will be on our boat, in our transient slip for the HDG fireworks.

Yes, North East is Sat. Night. I looked it up the other day. I would consider taking the boat is I can play follow the leader. I was hoping to get down before vacation but thing are just too hectic.

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Will a 25lb navy anchor with 10 feet of chain hold a 28 foot cabin cruiser in the upper bay? I lost my good danforth anchor at the local lake.

lime4x4

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Blue crabber i'll be at northeast fireworks. Me and supernova anchor around the train tracks. Just hail me on the vhf. It was ALOT of work and i still have alot more to do yet

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hi all,
I used to boat just around Havre de Grace (I lived there too) and still work there. I live in Essex now and just got my boat on the water after two years and took it out today for the first time around Middle River, to Heart-Miller and down to the mouth of the Patapsco and back. Would be cool to get together with other boaters both around here and HdG. Will be out on Heart-Miller Sunday. On the third we'll be around the Baltimore Yacht Club for their fireworks. If anyone is in HdG I highly recommend stopping by my work for a bite at the Laurrapin Grille on Washington St, a short walk from the city marina and an even shorter walk from Tidewater Marina. Won't be open on the 4th and closed on Mondays, but ask for Eric if you stop by :eek:) Well hope meet up with some of you on the water this summer.

Take care,
Eric

skargo

Banned

Eric,
our shop is in HDG and we get lunch at the Laurrapin!

udm328is

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cool, where is your shop? I don't often work day shift anymore except on rare occasion, but I like to tell people about Laurrapin because I think a lot of people walk by since we are not right on the water and they miss out because I think our food is AWESOME! Anyway, where do you usually boat? For me it now that I am down here will be Heart-Miller and when I am up that way the sand island. BTW, I don't know if you guys kayak or not but even if you don't there is a pretty good time to be had at the after party as well. We organize a kayak race on 8/1 that is from the Conowingo Dam to Tidewater Marina, there is a $10 min. donation that benefits the Susquehanna Hose Co. and starting at noon at Tidewater is a big community cookout with three bands, a giant open grill so you can cook your own food, so anyone that is interested just bring your food, byob, and a blanket, and for more detailed info it is on laurrapin.com. Last year was the first one and I had a GREAT time, and it is for a good cause so I want to let as many people know that I can... :eek:)