Boat names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Boat names.

I just got a boat and motor combo from my dads girlfriend and now need to name it. I was thinking "young and old". I am 14 and It is a 1968 boat with a 1957 motor (and it still runs great). Or my dad said he would rename his to "poverty sucks" and i would name mine "poverty".

south texas

Seaman Apprentice

24' pontoon - named her "MYOTT".. It sounds cool to say "I'll be taking out MYOTT this weekend"

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class

'07 Ridgeline tow vehicle: Sherman
'85 1950 Capri BR: no name yet, just got her 2 weeks ago :)

Still trying to think of something clever...
What do you think of combining Draco and Aqua: Draquos? :rolleyes:

There is a cartoon out there called Sherman's Lagoon. Name the boat Lagoon! :)

Bard1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Shark Bait, because it's too small to be anything but bait:eek:

ayers

Recruit

my first boat was 15 feet .
with a 115 mur on it I called it FAST ENOUGH

Just named my boat "Oil slick" because thats what it leaves when i try to start it and when it is idliling. I was cruzing around timber island on lake winnabesaukee (sorry if i spelled that wrong) in NH and the motor fell off. My dad said thats called "experience" and i said how bout lack of it. Well, it ran good while it lasted.But hey, now we have a new wrek to dive on.

jd_1598

Seaman Apprentice

I have a 1988 Wellcraft 192 Classic cuddy... and I named her "Spinner Bait". I had a friend who couldn't remember my girlfriends name at one of his parties, so he used to say "hey where did spinner bait go". As she was wearing some ear-rings with a cork screw design that looked like a fishing lurer. Been married to her since 1987.

madurodave

Petty Officer 1st Class

We just named our new to us boat "Aboat Time". Been a LONG TIME COMING!

I am definitely a NEWBIE to all this but I am restoring a 74 Aristocraft and thought I would name it "Paid 4"

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Waven' Bye for me!

Attachments

• waven bye in water.JPG
    waven bye in water.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 0

stanfd

Cadet

Our Bayliner is our first boat. We named her "Six Pack" since we have four kids, and they are usually with us on the boat.

JMUDukes

Cadet

Ok...just brought home the new boat. Per usual, I can't think of a name.

Background: Grew up on the beach in North Carolina. My family was involved in piracy 200 years ago. Wanted a boat all my life. Could also name it something that is a tribute to the Navy. Ideally, I want something that nobody else has.

The short list:

Black Spot
Jack Tar
Scuttlebutt
Stormshadow
Banana Wynn (my pirate family was Wynn, and who doesn't like Buffett?)
200 Years Too Late (kinda long)
Southeast of Disorder
Sweet Time

Please help!

lifespan

Cadet

I named my 1994 Maxum 2400 Scr "Take Luck". Now, the only way for you to understand what that means is to know who the comdedian Brian Regan is. He is my favorite comic and is hilarious. he does the bit where he talks about people taking two phrases like "Take care" and "Good Luck" and in a verbal slip say something like "Take Luck". Much funnier when you hear him describe it.

If you have not heard of brian Regan, check him out at youtube. You will become a fan.

Let me know how many of you have heard of Brian.

sagrzmnky

Cadet

I have a 1988 Invader bowrider with a 4.3 mercruiser and Alpha1 drive. The night before buying the boat, my goofy wife watched Alice In Wonderland for the first time ever. She named the boat after Alice's cat because she has a wierd thing for cats. So my boat is named Dinah. Not quite a normal name for a boat but i guess we are wierd that way.

pcrussell50

Petty Officer 1st Class

not sure I really ever told the story of how my biggest of three boats, a 16 footer named "mad max" got it's name. if you've seen the movie, you'll get my story. first, in the movie there were all these cosmetically ugly, but dangerously functional vehicles from a post-apocalyptic era. and my boat fits that to a tee. it was painted by the previous owners teenage kids in a warship gray camouflage using rustoleum cans. the trailer is bent and rusty, but strong and tracks true. it is covered in overspray in gray and black and white from the craptastic paint massacre of the boat. the boat is stark, with a $15 bilge pump and a tach, but light and sleek, with a 135hp evinrude that's also maritime camo. they did carefully protect the "135 evinrude" logo though. so anyway my rig would have fit right in in "mad max" the movie. BUT there's more! in the movie, "max" was a good guy, with a nice family, who was menaced by a gang and their menacing machines. shortly after I bought it, I moved it from my beach town out to the lake, where the wifes grandparents live. I stopped just outside Vegas for some gas and food. the only parking spot I could find was right next to this nice, bantam weight bass rig. a 19 footer with a 90hp merc on it. when i got done eating, the owner did too, and he'd had his nice wife and nice little boy and grandma with him, and they were loading up right as i was. and there was my ugly, but purposeful, smaller, lighter, boat with a good deal more power than his, with the very prominent "135 evinrude " logos, "menacing" him and his nice family. not to mention, I was probably a little scraggly having gone surfing before i hit the road with my boat and did no grooming afterwards. I still had salt water in my uncombed hair.

it was only after that that I named her the mad max.

-Peter

SchockBoat

Recruit

Just got my new/old boat, 1983 Cobia Odyssey 195. After much joking around and discussion finally decided to name her "Clothing Optional", after some of our more famous pool parties.

snmpgh

Cadet

When I got my new to me Regal 256 last November, I spent the winter thinking of names. Being a huge Buffett fan I wanted something like Tiki Time or Banana Republic but could not settle on one. On another board I was talking to a Regal owner who called his boat Mischief Managed (his kids are big Harry Potter fans) and my wife being a Harry Potter nut wanted to go that route. Not wanting to steal someone's name, we setteld on Skiving Off.

Skiving off is British slang for playing hooky or skipping class.

In my case this works, because I have been skipping out of work early on fridays to get the sweekend started.

Plus Loch Ness Monster (Loch being my last name) has already been taken by my brotehr's boat.

Mike

Begester

Petty Officer 1st Class

"The Sundevil II" --after my alma mater, Arizona State.

I think there is also a little subtle humor there as I live in the Northwest, where sometimes the sun really is the Devil to some people!

gator919

Cadet

first boat when I was in my teens was called "we tall did" (say it a couple times fast.) then after I got merried "Debbie's competition" and my current boat "Anticipation"

Status
Not open for further replies.